clarity

Under 1ct Leon Mege Beauties...Anyone??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
asymons412|1326934282|3106303 said:
Gypsy|1326933478|3106294 said:
frankiextah|1326767581|3104803 said:
LM recently turned down my request to re-set my 1.03ctw studs :nono:

Um. Was this after you blasted him all over the boards and said that he lies about hand forging his rings, that his pave wasn't any good, and that his workmanship is shoddy?

Cause I'm thinking it's not the size of the stones he had an issue with but the character of the owner.

This was uncalled for.

Edit: I don't post a lot, but I do read a lot, and I always find Frankie's opinions to be helpful and honest without overstepping. Your response, however, comes off rather malicious.

Okay. You are entitled to you opinion. I am entitled to mine however.

Here's my question to you:
What is malicious about the truth?

I think it is unfair for Frankie to post implying that Leon rejected working on her studs because they are small. It completely ignores her history with Leon.

I don't even like Leon. And but I doubt any amount of money, or any sized stone would make him work with her again. I don't think him rejecting her projects has anything to do with the size of her stones and it is misleading of her to imply otherwise. You may find her helpful and honest, but her post in this thread is neither.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1326935378|3106316 said:
This was uncalled for.

Edit: I don't post a lot, but I do read a lot, and I always find Frankie's opinions to be helpful and honest without overstepping. Your response, however, comes off rather malicious.

While Gypsy's post was a bit harsh, there is underlying truth to it. It is likely that Leon rejected the work because of previous history with the customer rather than the size of the stone. This is completely unrelated to the helpfullness of Frankie's post but it is understanable that a vendor does not want to work with a customer that wasn't happy with their previous work.

I agree with Gypsy and Charmie. I thought the same thing when I read Frankie's post -- Leon would be foolish to work with her again. And I say this as someone who is not much of a Leon fan.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1326935543|3106318 said:

My issue is that you attacked her character, as a person. That was a little too much. There are more tactful ways to say that they don't get along well as vendor and consumer.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Lula|1326942971|3106401 said:
CharmyPoo|1326935378|3106316 said:
This was uncalled for.

While Gypsy's post was a bit harsh, there is underlying truth to it. It is likely that Leon rejected the work because of previous history with the customer rather than the size of the stone. This is completely unrelated to the helpfullness of Frankie's post but it is understanable that a vendor does not want to work with a customer that wasn't happy with their previous work.

I agree with Gypsy and Charmie. I thought the same thing when I read Frankie's post -- Leon would be foolish to work with her again. And I say this as someone who is not much of a Leon fan.

I thought the same thing as Gypsy and Charmy.I immediately recalled threads where Frankie maligned Leon's work. It's one thing to be upset about his customer service (poor communication maybe?) but its another to repeatedly drag his name through the mud. I know I wouldn't have the guts to ask a vendor that I did that to to work with me again. I'm not surprised he declined the opportunity.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
asymons412|1326947285|3106466 said:

My issue is that you attacked her character, as a person. That was a little too much. There are more tactful ways to say that they don't get along well as vendor and consumer.

And what exactly did I say about her character that was so offensive? Did I call her names? Did I insult her?
Nope.
What I said about her character is this: she is the type of person who would bash a vendor on a public forum, then expect them to still accept her business, and when they don't she is surprised by it, and complains about it. And refuses to acknowledge that the vendor might have a legitimate reason for not wanting to work with her.

What exactly is too harsh about that? It's the truth.

I think your problem is that you don't like the facts. Well, I'm sorry but I'm not responsible for the facts. Frankie is.

As for tact. Sorry, I don't do tact. I do truth.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Scintillating|1326857031|3105594 said:
Here's swing girl's Leon: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-leon-meg%C3%A9-with-asscher.53713/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-leon-meg%C3%A9-with-asscher.53713/[/URL]

Beautiful! Swing, can you post some more pics, hand pics in particular, and tell us about the key stone and your ring size?
Thank you Scintillating and Amys Bling!! I appreciate you digging out the thread. I haven't seen it in a while!! Still makes my smile.
The asscher is a 1.29 ct but has a good spread of 6.11 x 6.12 so it looks a tiny bit larger than some asschers with the same carat weight. (it probably looks very close to what a 1 ct round would look like). My ring size is 6. Leon's photo isn't very good and I don't have a decent camera that I can download images from. So sorry.

In Leon's defense I want to add that he repaired my ring for free last year. Yep, after I had it for almost 5 years.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure Leon reads/lurks on PS, so I too was thinking that was why he turned Frankie's earrings down, based on past comments she has made here.

I don't think Leon would reject any stone...he sets CZs for pete's sake.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Beebrisk,
My engagement ring is just over a carat and Leon had no problem with its size. In fact he said my stone was quite pretty. I didnt end up working with him but if you like his work than def contact him. I went through some of my old pictures and this is a stone he set that was a little over a half carat.

pave.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Beebrisk,

I just wanted to add Leon didn't comment on the size of my stone. It came up during the design process as part of the limitations of what the could do with the design with a key stone that measured 7MM. He didn't malign or comment negatively. It just just a pure fact, design limitation. I guess I hadn't realized at the time how big some of the center stones were in his designs. Naturally, larger sized stones allow for more area to work with for intricate designs. Since then, 6 years ago, he's added far more detail on his website about the size of stones featured in his designs.

The one thing I wish .... he had shown me samples of the different kind of pave work he does. Would have loved to see real examples.

Scint....

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1326949870|3106489 said:
asymons412|1326947285|3106466 said:

I think your problem is that you don't like the facts. Well, I'm sorry but I'm not responsible for the facts. Frankie is.

As for tact. Sorry, I don't do tact. I do truth.

I don't actually have a problem. I'm sorry you have difficulties in social settings, but please don't make things so personal.

omc111

Rough_Rock
Seems to me that a very nice thread with a legitimate question is once again being hyjacked and people are beginning to attack each other. While I think it's easy to make friends through forums like this, it's also easy to make enemies. The anonomity that is provided by the internet seems to take away some people's inhibitions and they say things that if eyeball to eyeball with the person with whom they were arguing, they might not say.

In my opinion, Gypsy's post was right on point, but could have been delivered much more tactfully. From that post, though, the thread seemed to turn away from it's original purpose and focus on her post. Not so good. Or fair to the OP. Of course by the time this is posted all may be well. I am frequently a bit late...

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Well folks, just contacted Steven Kirsch who sent me the nicest email in return but sadly his quote was way out of the ballpark. I mean, I'm really surprised at how high it was!

Although FI is willing to do something really nice for me, I can't justify the cost for such a thin, tiny setting--I wear a size 5, not 7 or 8.
I'm looking for a shank under 2mm (I know...some say too thin, too delicate) and no mele on the basket or prongs. No fancy gallery or intricate metal work at all. My current setting from Mark at ERD (see photo) was exactly 1/3 the cost (!) and has lots more "going on". Of course, this was a couple of years ago, but still.....

Perhaps I will ask him to use my existing platinum setting and melee but I don't know if he'd do that or if it would reduce the cost at all. I would also feel better about it "sentimentally" if it was forged from the same original piece.

Thanks for all your suggestions and photos and interest! (and can't we all just get along?) :bigsmile:

HANDSHOTBB2.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Metal prices have skyrocketed in the last couple of years. I received a quote from a jeweller about 3-4 years ago and passed on the project. I asked again about 6 months ago and the price was double. The metal in my little 0.47 carat is probably worth more than the diamond.

Your price difference may have been greater if you went from what was an EDR stock setting or non-handmade setting to a SK designer hand forged setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You cannot reuse platinum like that. I think for what you want, to get quality that will last will cost a lot of money.

omc111

Rough_Rock
I think your current setting is lovely.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it would be cost-effective to reuse elements from your setting. I also think the price is the same for size 5 as size 7 or 8...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is the cost if you want a high end piece from these top vendors. Not for everyone which is why so many still go the route of cad/cast or ready made mounts. Everyone has to decide their tolerance and what they want.

Karen Gannon

Rough_Rock
Having worked with Leon, I wouldn't hesistate to give Leon a try. He was a pleasure to work with and I most certainly think while he is very expensive, he is worth it. He makes heirloom quality jewelry. If I had a 0.25 carat I wouldn't hesistate to ring him up and discuss the myriad of possibilities.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1326933478|3106294 said:
frankiextah|1326767581|3104803 said:
LM recently turned down my request to re-set my 1.03ctw studs :nono:

Um. Was this after you blasted him all over the boards and said that he lies about hand forging his rings, that his pave wasn't any good, and that his workmanship is shoddy?

Cause I'm thinking it's not the size of the stones he had an issue with but the character of the owner.

This was uncalled for.

Okay. You are entitled to you opinion. I am entitled to mine however.

I think it is unfair for Frankie to post implying that Leon rejected working on her studs because they are small. It completely ignores her history with Leon.

I don't even like Leon. And but I doubt any amount of money, or any sized stone would make him work with her again. I don't think him rejecting her projects has anything to do with the size of her stones and it is misleading of her to imply otherwise. You may find her helpful and honest, but her post in this thread is neither.

gypsy - how did i "lie" in this thread again?

I am posting Leon's exact reply to my earring setting request (no taking out or changing any content), to me this is size-related perhaps due to the practicality of the setting, or perhaps it is to politely decline any future projects that i may request for. All of you can think whatever you like.

Dear Frankie,

It’s great to hear from you again!

Unfortunately I do not make three prong martini’s with stones smaller then 1
carat. You might want to try other vendors, I can recommend using Whiteflash
or Wink Jones. Or give a call to good people at Good Old Gold. Please say
“hi” to Jonathan from me.

Let me know if I could be of any assistance to you in the future. I am
looking forward hearing from you about other exciting projects.

Sincerely,
Leon

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
If you look on Micropave.com (Leon's retail website), you will see some center stones that are a little smaller than 1 carat.

So I'd just ask Leon and see if it would make sense to work together on your exciting project......I don't think he is the kind of person who has any hard and fast rules about anything.....Leon has so much passion for what he does!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn't hurt to ask- if LM feels that the design you want wont work for whatever reason I am sure he will tell you that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results