color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AmayasV|1326692800|3104019 said:
THE QUEEN MARGRETHE II CELEBRATES 40 YEARS ON THE THRONE @ THE GALA DINNER

Magrethe%20%20II%2040.jpg

I love the midnight blue velvet! Fabulous color! And of course the jewels are stunning!

I am not familiar with this tiara. Can you give me more information AmayasV?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Gabriellehb|1326705729|3104077 said:
Gday everybody,

I'm a new member but have been a lurker for the past week or so. I happened by this forum by accident and I'm addicted, so much so that I have started at page one of this thread and have been going through page by page. I'm curently at page 200 so still have a way to go before I get to the end, but I just thought I'd come and tell you guys well done and thankyou.

cheers

Gabrielle

Welcome Gabrielle! There is no therapy group for Royal Jewel addiction, so you might as well enjoy all the fabulous bling! :))

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
laurensmama|1326675354|3103801 said:
In looking at CP Mary's wedding tiara again, it looks dare I say it, weak. Was it cobbled together like Sophie, CofW's tiara, or is it a family piece? Pretty I suppose but not crown princess like (yes I know Mary has the ruby parure which is very impressive). Wonder if it will every be "revised" or "updated" or if Mary is too sentimentally attached to it to modify it.

I would say it is dainty, but not weak. I recall reading (Bobby, correct me if necessary) that it was purchased by the Queen as a wedding present. I think this is far better than the Wessex tiara. CP Mary's wedding tiara has an even height across, not the big gaps between the center and the sides like the Wessex. It has been changed at one point where she added a row of pearls to the bottom, but I personally like it just like it was for the wedding. It also has the advantage that it can be worn as a necklace, so maybe when she is queen and has access to the rest of their wonderful jewels, she will wear it more as a necklace.

I definately like it better than the golden poppies! :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Maria, isn't that tiara splendid? Here's what the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor says about it (easier to quote than re-write):

"This whopper is Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara - it belonged to Queen Sophie of Greece and was a favorite of King Constantine's mother, Queen Frederika. And it hasn't been seen since Frederika last wore it - and she died 30 years ago. It's been one of those delicious tiara mysteries since then; some people felt it may have been sold off while the family has been in exile."

CPMary's ruby necklace is so stunning. A real delight to see her wear it so well. It's just yummy. I've never liked her wedding tiara, though. It looks spindly to me, but I'm not a fan of spiky tiaras at all.

LOVE queen Sylvia's sapphires, she looks wonderful too.

--- Laurie

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, for a change Princess Anne looks absolutely stunning in this pic.

Both regal and still smoltering, if that's possible.

Best picture/portrait I've ever seen of the Princess Royal.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Princess 'anne of edinburgh' is what, 1/4 Scottish?

That's a big whopper in my very American book.

boum67

Rough_Rock

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
winyan|1326745128|3104434 said:
Wow, for a change Princess Anne looks absolutely stunning in this pic.

Both regal and still smoltering, if that's possible.

Best picture/portrait I've ever seen of the Princess Royal.

win

Can you post the picture you are talking about? I'm curious to see if it is a current one or from when she was younger.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
boum67|1326748525|3104488 said:
I believe Marie Chantal is wearing one of Queen Fredericka's tiaras. I don't know the name.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/oldgremb/GREMB4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Letitia-Jane/Queen Olga of Greece/QUEEN20FEDERIKA.jpg

It had been reported sold after the fall of the monarchy, perhaps the Miller's bought it back or the family never sold it.
Beautiful piece!

edit: Since this post I have seen it referred to as 'Sophie's Tiara'.

OMG!!!!!! *jumping up and down* :appl: I wondered where this tiara went to! I had seen pictures of Queen Fredericka wearing it and thought it was a beautiful piece. What an absolute treat to see that it is back! I didn't even recognize it becuase I never would have DREAMED it would reappear! I bet this one caught even Bobby off guard! ;-)

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh love the brown diamond on the thong...

Something I can wear every day, w/jeans.

*grin*

win

boum67

Rough_Rock
So glad you were excited by the response Lady Maria. I was so happy to find some information about it. It is really gorgeous and elegant, while at the same time substantial.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Found another site which is starting to catalogue tiaras from different countries (it does not claim to be exhaustive and tiaras are added as they are discussed). Has a nice picture and talks about the tiara that Marie-Chantal was wearing at Queen Margarethe's celebrations. http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/tiara-pedia/.. Enjoy, so glad this tiara is still with the family.

boum67

Rough_Rock
I like the MadHattery site. Very tongue in cheek with the exception of the tiara section.

RoyalForums has a wealth of information as well.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Prince, I was in the Romanian National Museum in 2006 but don't remember seeing it there.

I suspect it was lost during the Communist era?

I'm sorry.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Up to where I am, right here w/the table full of Tzar/Tzarina's jewels, I note that no one has yet mentioned the grandest jewel (though not wearable) of all in Russia.

The Amber room; said that the current gvm't in Moscow is having it rebuilt, but it's a long slow process.

I cannot believe it was torn apart during the revolution.

*sigh* guess anything is possible during a revolution, but can you imagine a whole room filled w/honey gold walls and the reflects they would cast?

I love amber anyway, and it's one of the earliest (gemstone, sorta) jewels/decorations used by humans.

win

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
I believe Marie Chantal is wearing one of Queen Fredericka's tiaras. I don't know the name.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Letitia-Jane/Queen Olga of Greece/QUEEN20FEDERIKA.jpg

It had been reported sold after the fall of the monarchy, perhaps the Miller's bought it back or the family never sold it.
Beautiful piece!

federica.jpg

frederica.jpg

frederka.jpg

Queen Freddie wore this tiara to her son's pre wedding ,the king Constantine II and Princess Anne Marie of Denmark. IMO The Danish Ruby Jubilee is the tiara reunionn ,the Danish ruby parure ,the Greek emerald parure , the Queen Sophie's diamond tiara.

Queen+Margrethe+II+Denmark+Celebrates+40+Years+nDH7R-bE082l.jpg

x610_2.jpg

x610%20(1).jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1326768822|3104825 said:
Queen Freddie wore this tiara to her son's pre wedding ,the king Constantine II and Princess Anne Marie of Denmark. IMO The Danish Ruby Jubilee is the tiara reunionn ,the Danish ruby parure ,the Greek emerald parure , the Queen Sophie's diamond tiara.

Yes, I was also thinking about that, AmayasV. But there's even more - there were three (almost full) Napolenic parures, which were at a time part of the same collection, at the Jubilee. It is also interesting to note that each of these parures have been altered to the tasted of subsequent owners/weares:

fKbQiRVI_4ll.jpg
PbwVIywPUzdl.jpg AQGGh-4J_1Ml.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
One can only imagine the conversaiones lead hin these pix:

MM: Marie, I've never seen this tiara on you, nor on Aunt Anne-Maire. Is it a new piece to the collection?
MC: No, Mette, this tiara was a wedding present from Empress Victoria to Queen Sofia of Greece and was worn by Pavlos' grandmother at her wedding. Since then it became her favourite tiara, and now I'm very proud to wear it!
MM: WoW! This sounds very interesting, Marie!
nMK9tC59sOrl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Margrethe+II+Denmark+Celebrates+40+Years+nMK9tC59sOrl.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Queen Margarethe received a bouquet of gold flowers from Greenland, presumably for her 40th celebration. Sigh, she plans to have them made into a tiara. Shades of the poppies! In my humble non-royal opinion they'd look so nice sitting on a table or desk where I could see them all the time. Hope Daisy goes at least for something more classical in the tiara line.

bukettildronning-630_3.jpg

boum67

Rough_Rock
AmayasV Thank you for more pictures and information about Queen Sophie's tiara.

As for Daisy's golden flowers and her plans to have them transformed into a tiara, here is a tiara she has had commissioned in 1976 fashioned of golden poppies.

These new flowers are really beautiful so the tiara could be an improvement over her golden poppies. Personally, I would also leave them alone.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yzUicapro...tLY1FY/s1600/MargretheGoldenPoppiesTiara2.jpg

The Poppy Tiara
Made by Arje Grieg in 1976 was commissioned by Queen Margrethe and belongs to her.
This tiara is made of 21 carat gold hammered thin plates. Each flower is filled with baroque pearls and four stamens each ending in diamonds. Moonstones and aquamarines are attached to the leaves, which portray dewdrops. Some of the flowers have insects that are made of oriental pearls, crystals, opals, moonstones and diamonds.
It is a parure that is made up of a necklace and earrings. The main headpiece can be taken apart so that only a few flowers can be worn.

Edit: Jewelfreak, so sorry I did not see your phrase "shades of the poppies", apologies!

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
HM The Queen Sophie of Greece.

Queen%20Sofia%20of%20Greece.jpg

HM The Queen Helen of Romania ,the Queen Sophie's daughter.

helen%20of%20romania.jpg

HM The Queen Frederika of Greece.

federica.jpg

HRH The Crown Princess Pavlos.

Queen+Margrethe+II+Denmark+Celebrates+40+Years+MuJelsv0i85l.jpg

boum67

Rough_Rock
Beautiful pictures of Sophie's Tiara, thank you!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful piece!

Hi boum67,

In the future would you please refrain from hotlinking photos from the Photobucket (or other image-hosting websites) account of other people/sites to this site :) If you really want to post a link tot the photo here, just upload it to you own PB account or post it directly on Pricescope.
In the case of the first link, however, it is a banner for a message board I frequently visit and I know how fustraited some posters there have been when pix they've posted have been hot linked to other sites. Furthermore, this banner is owned by the person who has made it and as such is a subject of copy right.

Thank you for the understanding,

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
boum67|1326853084|3105549 said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yzUicapro...tLY1FY/s1600/MargretheGoldenPoppiesTiara2.jpg

The Poppy Tiara
Made by Arje Grieg in 1976 was commissioned by Queen Margrethe and belongs to her.
This tiara is made of 21 carat gold hammered thin plates. Each flower is filled with baroque pearls and four stamens each ending in diamonds. Moonstones and aquamarines are attached to the leaves, which portray dewdrops. Some of the flowers have insects that are made of oriental pearls, crystals, opals, moonstones and diamonds.
It is a parure that is made up of a necklace and earrings. The main headpiece can be taken apart so that only a few flowers can be worn.

Edit: Jewelfreak, so sorry I did not see your phrase "shades of the poppies", apologies!

I should add that the photo and the information both come from The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1326813261|3105092 said:
Queen Margarethe received a bouquet of gold flowers from Greenland, presumably for her 40th celebration. Sigh, she plans to have them made into a tiara. Shades of the poppies! In my humble non-royal opinion they'd look so nice sitting on a table or desk where I could see them all the time. Hope Daisy goes at least for something more classical in the tiara line.

These are beautiful! I'd love to see how they are going to look as a tiara. Someting like the Floral aigrette, perhaps?

boum67

Rough_Rock
Bobby,

So sorry, I will absolutely refrain from repeating those transgressions.

Best!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, glad you said that about the jaw line Danny.

Plowed through something like 20X pages of this thread, and w/some notable exceptions most of the people, both male and female are not what (in my eyes) exactly model material.

I'm not saying this is bad, it makes them human.

And that brings me to my second point. Sure they are royal, sure they have foibles, sure they have jewels. But just as in the real world when they leave the rarified heights that these people inhabiting most of the time, they are still just people; and hardly perfect.

I think if I have to read one more time about Mabel's bow fetish, or Diana's early death, or Camilla's 'horseyness' I will scream.

Just as I will scream if I have to read one more time about how wonderful the Queen Mum or the Queen is today.

The first, I don't recall specifics, had some problems during WWII, and the second well, why does she carry a silly handbag around at all times? Surely she has a pocket for whatever small thing she needs to carry. I mean, it's not like she's apt to whip out a cell phone and call her daughter.

I love looking at the jewels, even on the major players but I certainly don't think they are better than anyone here, or myself.

Maybe it's my fiesty American Indian attitude, or being able to trace lineage myself back past 1836, but that doesn't impress me, good works do.

Sorry, just had to vent.

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Looks rather like morganite to me, w/that clear pink color.

win

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results