shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Leon Mege Three Stone Antique Cushion Engagement Ring

Cushioncutbride

Rough_Rock
First off, I have to thank all of you fabulous pricescope bloggers! It is because of this website and the incredible insight its members provide that my fiance and I were able to find the perfect jeweler to create my engagement ring.

When our search for "the ring" began, all I knew was that I loved cushion cut diamonds and was pretty sure I wanted the traditional Harry Winston halo style with the pave band. Sadly, when we visited the store, I quickly learned that (with my size 8 finger) a dainty pave band just wouldn't work. With our search now back to the drawing board, we tried on several other rings at Harry Winston and a three stone style emerged as my favorite. The only problem was that none of the jewelry stores made a three stone ring with cushion cut diamonds.

I started scouring pricescope for any information about cushion cut rings. I viewed hundreds of gorgeous rings and read many reviews of the jewelers specializing in antique cushion cuts. From there, I checked out the jewelers' websites directly. From everything I saw and read, including many posts about fair pricing, I decided to contact Leon Mege.

I placed a call on a Monday morning and was greeted by Leon himself. After discussing the type of ring I was interested in, he suggested I speak with his diamond concierge, Perry Chen. I was transferred to Perry, who spent the next 45 minutes answering every question I could come up with about cushion cut diamonds. After my conversations with Leon and Perry, I knew I was in the best hands for this very important purchase. I can't really explain it, but they felt like friends not sale people. You could tell they love diamonds and they love what they do. It was such a refreshing change from our visits to Harry Winston.

A few minutes after the call I received a video from Perry of a gorgeous antique cushion stone he had selected as a possible center stone. It was perfect and, from there, my fiance and I made plans to fly to New York and see the diamonds in person. He felt, after our initial ring shopping experience, that it was important I make sure I liked the both the style and the stones on my finger. The only day we could fly in was a Sunday, and Perry graciously agreed to come into the city on the weekend to meet us.

The weekend of the trip my fiance was given a big project at work and couldn't come with me. When I arrived at their location, I was greeted by both Leon and Perry. I was so impressed that both of them had traveled into the city to meet with me on a Sunday. I spent the next hour looking at diamonds with Perry and learned that his family has been in the diamond business for generations. In fact, members of his family actually cut the stones in New York! He set out five center stone options for me to view and didn't tell me anything about them. He said he wanted me to decide what stone I liked best, and not be influenced by what he told me about each one. I fell in love with a diamond that ended up being a slightly lesser clarity (an SI1), but perfect to my eye. Perry then explained to me how you can have a really good SI1 or a not so good VS2, that it all depends on the location of the inclusions. In this particular stone, the main inclusion was on the far right side and would not be visible once the ring was set. We then moved on to selecting the side stones. Perry called Leon in to ask him if he could use a pair of antique cushions that were intended for earrings. As each cushion is so unique, it is hard to find a pair that work well together. When he saw the pair with my center stone, he agreed they were perfect and told Perry they would just have to find a new pair for earrings. We had our three stones! The next hour was spent designing the ring. We went over every detail of how I wanted the prongs, the band, etc. I felt so confident in Leon's design and knew this ring would be perfect. I was also given a tour of the workshop. It was so cool to see the actual place where my ring would be created. When our meeting was complete, they took me to lunch. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had, and I can't say enough about the genuine character of both of these men, especially considering that no commitment about buying the ring had yet been made.

My fiance placed the order a few days later and then worked with Leon and Perry to trick me about the timeline for when the ring would be ready. When he proposed, it was a total shock as I thought our ring was still in production in New York! I couldn't be happier and we are now in talks to have Leon design our wedding bands.

Okay, so enough of my story. Im sure you want to see the bling already. The center stone is 3.04 F SI1; the side stones are 1.06 G VS2 and 1.14 G VS2. Here is it...

Ring 3.jpg

Ring 2.jpg

Ring 1.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yummy!

It's beautiful. Congrats! And thanks for sharing. :)

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yes - and handshots please!

Also, I'm glad you had such a great LM experience. You made your selections so quickly and confidently - an ideal customer!! :)

Anne

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that looks like a nice hefty ring! We need handshots!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just gorgeous!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I will have to say that was exceptionally nice of them to come in on a Sunday to meet with you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love a 3 stone cushion!!! Just stunning!! We definitely need more pictures!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! what more can I say?? :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that is so gorgeous! I really love the profile of your ring! do you have any handshots?

also...over 5 ctw...WOW! we need more pics!!!!

Cushioncutbride

Rough_Rock
Here is a hand shot (please excuse my size 8 fingers)...

Ring.jpg

Cushioncutbride

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments. It is great to be able to share my experience will the supportive pricescope family. Here are two more images. I wish I could capture the sparkle of the ring in the photos, but I just can't seem to do it. I also want to say that yes, the ring is amazing... but the guy is even better! My fiance is the most generous and thoughtful man, and I am so grateful to have found such an incredible partner to spend my life with.

Ring in Box.jpg

Ring on Hand.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, that ring fits your size 8 finger perfectly, so don't be too sorry about the size!!!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I think this might be one of the loveliest rings I have seen on PS, those beautiful cushions look AMAZING in a three stone. Many congratulations.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning :love: :love: :love: Congratulations!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and timeless! I've been dreaming of a cushion three stone! Looks awesome.

Best wishes to you and your fiance for a long and happy life together!

Scint....

p.s. more pics

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to add - you ring may be my all time favorite on Pricescope. It's absolutely gorgeous. Nice way to show off gorgeous cushion cuts.

Cushioncutbride|1326748503|3104486 said:
Here is a hand shot (please excuse my size 8 fingers)...

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring...perfect finger coverage.

One of my PS favs :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I don't recall ever seeing three cushions of that size in a ring before. It is stunningly beautiful - congrats to you on your engagement and gorgeous ring!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks for posting more pictures! and nothing wrong with size 8 fingers...just means you have room for more diamonds :) your ring is really spectacular, enjoy it!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow that is absolutely fantastic! It is perfect on your hand. And those stones are amazing! Congrats!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations!!!! Amazing ring and amazing stones!!!! :love: :love:

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Oh my .... that is STUNNING!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, now this is just an amazing ring!!! It's truly one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen - I love everything about it, including the classic, elegant setting that let's those gorgeous stones do all the talking - just spectacular!! And it looks PERFECT on your hand! Congrats!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection! Beautiful ring!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! :appl: The ring is stunning and looks amazing on you...one of my favorites! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfection and stunning :love: :love:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! Looks great on your hand too! Personally, as someone who also has a size 8, 3ct looks perfect on you!! :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and looks terrific on your hand! Enjoy it and congratulations!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is absolutely perfect!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. :love: :appl: Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock