shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure if my deal is that good...

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I posted a few days ago about being tempted by and EGL stone...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tempted-by-an-egl-stone.170534/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tempted-by-an-egl-stone.170534/[/URL]

First of all I tried to search for an online copy of the report from EGL and couldn't find it.

I did some research and found some GIA graded stones in a K, SI2, EX/EX/EX for $5800 for the same carat weight. I don't know if this one is eye clean or not.

To compare to my EGL stone which is a J, SI1, no cut grade, and only Good/Good on polish and symmetry and was confirmed to be eye clean by the vendor, for the ring and the white gold setting they want $5400. So my question is, am I getting a pretty good deal, or should I try to negotiate it down lower?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you need to see price comps for L-M color. I don't think it is that great of a deal.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I just found some GIA L SI1's for around $5400.

I don't know what to do, talk them down in price or have them pull other stones. I am really interested in seeing this one in person.

When I asked the vendor if it faced up yellow she said no, but it is a bit warm. I really didn't want to go lower than a K, and that is kind of pushing it. This is also a pretty well known vendor here on pricescope, so I guess I don't know where to go from here.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AllieLuv83|1326682705|3103882 said:
I just found some GIA L SI1's for around $5400.

I don't know what to do, talk them down in price or have them pull other stones. I am really interested in seeing this one in person.

maybe go see it in person, truly examine it in different lighting, and if you love it- which it what really matters- talk them down. IF you dont get them to a price you feel is fair- then walk and look for others.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing it in person is not an option, we live too far away. I can purchase, examine and then return, but I want to offer a price that is reasonable.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I don't even know which EGL that report is from. I know it isn't USA. Is it EGL International?

They originally wanted $5695, I talked them to $5400, I think I might look pretty darn silly saying..."Upon further research, and looking up comparable GIA stones, I think the price we should settle on is $XXXX".

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Usually you start at the lowest and work up from there. Why don't you confirm if it is EGL-USA or International first? If it is international, we are talking about completely different price points and a much higher risk.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
It is EGL International.

What about these two?

The 1.51 has some inclusions right in the middle so I would need to make sure it is eye clean.

The stats for the two stones are:

1.37ct
60.1 depth
58 table
14 crown angle
43 pavilion angle

1.51ct

CRC-278 001.jpg

CRC-533 001.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results