shape
carat
color
clarity

can you use ideal scope on set diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jackson

Rough_Rock
How can you get the best measurements of a diamond once it is set ? can you use the idealscope?
33.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes,

Not as easily with loose stones, but it works

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precise measurements (to use the HCA, right ?) woud not work. Not that some approximative ones cannot be achieved, but you would need precision down to half a degree for the average measurement - better left to some machine and none works n set stones, as far as I know.

But they say the 'scope works on set stones (LINK). Hope this one helps.

jackson

Rough_Rock
Then is there any good way to get those measurements while diamond is set? Just a curiousity....Does it work on any size stones? I have some 1/2 carat(each) studs, also....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2004 9:18
6.gif
2 AM
Author: jackson
Then is there any good way to get those measurements while diamond is set? Just a curiousity....Does it work on any size stones? I have some 1/2 carat(each) studs, also....
no.
Some estimates could be made using optical and direct measurement means but the info would not be exact nor very complete.
The idealscope is probable the best bet to see how well cut they are performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results