shape
carat
color
clarity

Side stones for a 3 stone ring

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Hello to everyone :)

I am going to make for my 3/4ct. (5.2mm) round Mogok ruby a 3 stone ring with 2 round diamonds as the side stones.
What size of the diamonds would you choose?

Uragem

Rough_Rock
Hello yourself! Personally I love the sidestones to step down by 2 -3 mm. I'm sure whatever you choose will look amazing next to the center stone!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For three stone rings with stones of equal shape, I like the center stone to be quite a bit bigger than the sidestones. I would cut out little pieces of paper and see how it looks together, and on your finger.

Here's a picture of different proportions that I saved a long time ago. I like the 62% the best, but that's because I like to highlight the center stone. I think it's a matter of personal taste.

debeers.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a 5.2mm stone, the BIGGEST side stones I would get would be 4mm. I think around 3.5ish might look best. You should do the thing where you cut out little circles of paper in the appropriate sizes and judge them!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I agree with the previous posts, to really show case your ruby I think visibly smaller side stones would be best. 3.5mm would look good for rounds. Anything much bigger is going to over power the ruby and make its less the star of the show.

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks to all!
Any ideas on setting? I am considering classic Tiffany 3 stones style, but would appreciate another idea. Does anyone have some pictures of other designers 3 stone ring models?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results