shape
carat
color
clarity

whos watching season 2 of Downtown Abby starting tomarrow!?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Its the start of the second installment of episodes on PBS! Who is going to be watching?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Re: whos watching season 2 of Downtown Abby starting tomarro

I admit it. I'm addicted.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

We ordered it from England and have watched Season 2 & the Xmas special already. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I watched all of Season 1 on Netflix, TWICE!

I was so happy there will be another season, but I'll wait till it is streaming on Netflix.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1325998933|3097712 said:
I watched all of Season 1 on Netflix, TWICE!

Me too! I'm also not planning to watch Season 2 as it's on TV, but that's because I like instant gratification so I'm DVR-ing it. That way, I can watch it on my schedule (and see multiple episodes in a row, without having to wait!).

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Me for sure. I'm a huge DA fan.

If you love DA, you need to see the BBC spoof they showed on Red Nose Day. I don't have the link, but check YouTube for Downton Abbey and BBC Red Nose Day, and both Part 1 and Part 2 should come up. It was a riot.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

I watched it already :cheeky: (I live in London) It's so so good!!

ps: I really don't mean this in a rude way, but it's called "Downton Abbey" -"Downtown Abby" sounds like a very different sort of program and it just made me giggle a little..

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Me!!

(JuneRose, I was gonna write the same thing! DownTON Abbey!) :wavey:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE this show! Saw it on Netflix and am so excited to see the second season! :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

rainwood|1326011372|3097778 said:
Me for sure. I'm a huge DA fan.

If you love DA, you need to see the BBC spoof they showed on Red Nose Day. I don't have the link, but check YouTube for Downton Abbey and BBC Red Nose Day, and both Part 1 and Part 2 should come up. It was a riot.

I just watched this! :lol:

'We'd like some more tea please Carter'

'You do realise it comes all the way from Ealing? Very well, I will be back in 21/2 hours.....BRING THE MINIBUS ROUND TO THE FRONT!'

Love it!!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE LOVE LOVE Downton! the Christmas special was my favourite and I am very happy that there is going to be a third series. I'm sure you all already know this, but if you like Downton then the film Gosford Park (quite a few years old now) is also by Julian Fellowes and is well worth a watch.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

JuneRose|1326013127|3097789 said:
I watched it already :cheeky: (I live in London) It's so so good!!

ps: I really don't mean this in a rude way, but it's called "Downton Abbey" -"Downtown Abby" sounds like a very different sort of program and it just made me giggle a little..
Okay that gave me a good laugh! That is what i get for typing toooo fast! Guess im excited about seeing the new episodes!I'm sure that episodes of Downtown Abby might not be seen on PBS and are available on other internet sites!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is just ripe for a skit on SNL or MadTV called Downtown Flabby, about the upper-crust British family that lost all their money and real estate holdings because The Earl would not challenge the comital entail in perpetuity, leaving all of Cora's fortune to that riff raff 3rd cousin who . . . GASP . . . pours his OWN tea. :-o

Now they live in a slum downtown and get fat and flabby eating at cheap fast food resaurants.

Can't you just picture Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) shopping at WalMart? . . . :mrgreen:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

And eating Fish & Chips!! :D :D

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm so bummed. We WOULD be watching it but we still haven't finished season 1. Every time we tried to watch it on Netflix or Hulu (I can't remember which), the sound would be weird or the people's movements would look odd (sort of like a ghosting effect). This is the only show this has happened with, and I was really looking forward to watching it. I think I'll have to go to Blockbuster and zoom right through the first season and then catch up with the new one.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1326064446|3098133 said:
This is just ripe for a skit on SNL or MadTV called Downtown Flabby, about the upper-crust British family that lost all their money and real estate holdings because The Earl would not challenge the comital entail in perpetuity, leaving all of Cora's fortune to that riff raff 3rd cousin who . . . GASP . . . pours his OWN tea. :-o

Now they live in a slum downtown and get fat and flabby eating at cheap fast food resaurants.

Can't you just picture Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) shopping at WalMart? . . . :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

I found it online at Videozer so have already watched the first 3 episodes. It's going far too quickly... :((

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Where can I catch the 1st season??? thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skippy|1326074961|3098248 said:
Where can I catch the 1st season??? thanks!

Netflix has it streaming.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

I watched it and loved it, though I hate having to wait a week for the next installment! I DVR'd it so I can watch it again, before next week. I watched the first season ... FOUR TIMES on Netflix instant!!! That's how much I love this show. I think, just maybe, perhaps ... I could be addicted! :love: :love: :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

decodelighted|1325997974|3097703 said:
We ordered it from England and have watched Season 2 & the Xmas special already. :naughty:

The entire Season 2?? How do I get my hands on that and the Christmas special?? We don't have cable right now and probably won't for another 2 months, and there's no way I'm going to be able to wait until Season 2 comes out on Netflix. Help me, Deco!! :cheeky:

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

I watched it. It's such a good show, as are most of the masterpiece shows. Did anyone watch Sherlock? (starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman) I absolutely loved that show! I think the second season is actually airing now in the UK. I've heard in the US we'll have to wait until May to see the second season! I can't wait that long!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling|1326143605|3098701 said:

The entire Season 2?? How do I get my hands on that and the Christmas special?? We don't have cable right now and probably won't for another 2 months, and there's no way I'm going to be able to wait until Season 2 comes out on Netflix. Help me, Deco!! :cheeky:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downton-Abb...R4X4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326165494&sr=8-3

My DH says that you have to order the Blu Ray version though, as it doesn't have region protection (so is viewable on US players). I think they also have the Xmas special available on Blu Ray too.

:naughty: :saint: ENJOY!

ETA: Here's the Xmas special! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Downton-Abbey-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B006I1OB0U/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b Hope you have a Blu Ray player! :D

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Apparently is free on Amazon to Prime subscribers. I am going to check it out...I love period stuff.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

decodelighted|1326165756|3099078 said:
KristyDarling|1326143605|3098701 said:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downton-Abb...R4X4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326165494&sr=8-3

My DH says that you have to order the Blu Ray version though, as it doesn't have region protection (so is viewable on US players). I think they also have the Xmas special available on Blu Ray too.

:naughty: :saint: ENJOY!

ETA: Here's the Xmas special! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Downton-Abbey-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B006I1OB0U/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_b Hope you have a Blu Ray player! :D

Thanks, Deco! Good to know. But sadly we don't have a Blu Ray player, dagnabbit!!! :cry: My backup plan is to order Season 2 on Amazon Instant Video and watch it on my tiny 13 inch laptop monitor. :rolleyes: I'm desperate!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TravelingGal|1326172510|3099149 said:
Apparently is free on Amazon to Prime subscribers. I am going to check it out...I love period stuff.

Find a comfy chair and some popcorn. This show is seriously addictive, I guarantee you'll watch at least 3 in one sitting!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling|1326174920|3099170 said:

Find a comfy chair and some popcorn. This show is seriously addictive, I guarantee you'll watch at least 3 in one sitting!

Hooked! Watching episode 3 now!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1326181287|3099193 said:

Hooked! Watching episode 3 now!

I have Netflix but if it is on Amazon free to Prime subs, then I will watch it that way!!!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yes! I watched the entire Season One over the course of a few days. Love this show! (watched the 1st episode of Season Two last night!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results