shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking the experts if I need a spacer?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Am I ok not wearing a spacer with this because the prongs on my 5 stone do not rub against my ering? I have a 1.5mm spacer and it looks horrible with this. Thanks!

DSCN0135.JPG

DSCN0136.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1325970262|3097425 said:
Am I ok not wearing a spacer with this because the prongs on my 5 stone do not rub against my ering? I have a 1.5mm spacer and it looks horrible with this. Thanks!

It does look like the stones touch the prongs - I'd probably wear a spacer, yes. Maybe you'll have more luck with a different kind of spacer - one with some design or stones that can hold its own as a stacker, that isn't just plain metal strictly to hold the rings apart? And have you considered pink gold - I find that it often fades into the skin better, and stands out less than a white/yellow metal piece.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree, I think that you will need a spacer. I've seen some really teeny tiny ones though. I purchased an 18 kt 1mm spacer from etsy and when I wear it between my solitaire and wb you can't really even tell that it's there.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wb will eat into the prongs of your ering from the looks of it. I would not get a spacer, just replace the e-ring mount when it becomes and issue! Obviously I would not suggest this if you had a $5000 mount, but since it appears to be a simple stuller-type mount, it would likely not be too expensive to replace every few years. That is what I would do since I do not like spacers as a rule.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine rings sit similar to yours and a spacer should be used...my 5 stone has really beat up my prongs...but like you I do not like the spacer and do not wear one....but then again I avoid wearing my rings together I only wear them together once in awhile...I usually just wear my e-ring with a plain band or I wear the 5 stone alone...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not the prongs of the band that cause issues it's the girdles of the diamonds and based on your picture I would recommend a spacer or be prepared to replace your e-ring every few years. This is a very common issue with shared prong bands....

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others, the diamonds will destroy the prongs, be prepared to replace the mount when the damage gets to bad, wear a spacer or wear them on separate hands.

Good luck!

stci

Ideal_Rock
If it was me.... no spacer!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1325972847|3097438 said:
Your wb will eat into the prongs of your ering from the looks of it. I would not get a spacer, just replace the e-ring mount when it becomes and issue! Obviously I would not suggest this if you had a $5000 mount, but since it appears to be a simple stuller-type mount, it would likely not be too expensive to replace every few years. That is what I would do since I do not like spacers as a rule.

Yes, it is a simple $400 setting from Stuller. I thought of trying a 1mm but hate to buy one if I hate it, I have wasted enough money on bling. :oops:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't worry about it in that case. They could probably just replace the head in a few years for less than the cost of a whole new settings.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1325985668|3097548 said:
I wouldn't worry about it in that case. They could probably just replace the head in a few years for less than the cost of a whole new settings.

I agree..

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1325995747|3097677 said:
diamondseeker2006|1325985668|3097548 said:

I agree..

Yes, just the head would not be too pricey at all!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How strange. Just replacing the head does in fact sound like the easiest (and most cost effective) solution, but it's not one that would have occurred to me. Interesting, that, perspectives.. 8)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1325996543|3097690 said:
How strange. Just replacing the head does in fact sound like the easiest (and most cost effective) solution, but it's not one that would have occurred to me. Interesting, that, perspectives.. 8)

It never occurred to me either, I like that option. Thanks ladies!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another option if you can't see yourself ever wearing one ring without the other would be to have them soldered together, but far enough apart that the diamonds from the 5-stone aren't touching the head of the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results