shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE!!! My 5-stone 8-prong trellis reset by DBL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your reset!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie!!! Wow! :love: It's incredible! I hadn't been around for a bit and I just spent an hour catching up on all your reset threads. I wouldn't have believed that the VC could be improved upon and honestly hadn't noticed the lack of fluidity until you had pointed it out. DBL did an amazing job of incorporating everything that you envisioned and the result is stunning! I'm so happy that your thrilled with your ring! :appl: It's certainly the most amazing five stone I have ever seen! No wonder I consider you a mentor! :lol: Congratulations and wear it in good health and happiness!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Re: It's HERE!!! My five-stone trellis reset by DBL

Look at those arrows! Wowza!

Amys Bling|1325684419|3094770 said:
Yssie|1325645171|3094550 said:
YssieDBL-9.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YssieDBL-10.png

YssieDBL-11.png

YssieDBL-12.png

Wow!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new setting looks beautiful yssie!! The VC was lovely too, but I can see the differences between the two and this one is just perfect!
I'm very glad you're happy with it - a spectacular, gorgeous ring for sure! :love: :appl:

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Hi Yssie! I mostly just lurk, but I wanted to tell you that this setting is really beautiful! I totally saw the same problem with the VC right away, but I am soooo picky I thought I was nuts! Then to be honest, I wasn't sure DBL was going to be able to execute the design, but boy did they prove me wrong! But I am sooo happy for you that you persisted and achieved a stunning ring! My favorite part is how the diamonds wrap around your finger. I normally don't care for that look, as it can sometimes be "too much," but in your ring it just looks so elegent and luxurious! That is what my first thought was, pure luxury! I am so glad to pricescopers don't settle for less than their vision, because that attitude is what pushes benches to produce some of the most amazing rings. It is great that you are enjoying the ring so much. Thanks for sharing this journey with us and kudos to your hubby for being so understanding!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, I am so happy for you! It looks absolutely beautiful! I've learned so much from your threads about fluidity of trellis settings. I can only imagine how delicate it looks in person. I think you really have a piece of art there.

Your setting really makes the stones the star because there are no flaws to catch your eye. What a beautiful to set 5 stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you alene, Scintillating!

Christina Thank you!! And wow, I'm impressed that you made it all the way through - they're all pretty long threads!

I'll do a comprehensive comparison in a bit, so everything's in one place, but until then the RT thread is probably the most useful in terms of seeing the differences I saw - of course I had the advantage of actually having the ring(s) in front of me, so some of the distinctions might not have been obvious even with photos!

The difference the adjustments made is really quite spectacular in-person :love:

Thank you junebug! I'm feeling so many things right now, I don't really know that I can label them all. I'm of course really happy with how this turned out, but also upset by *knowing* that the finish on the VC could've been so much more, happy that I decided to reset - time, expense, and headache be damned, and then guilty for being so happy and so cavalierly dismissing said time/expense/headache, annoyed with knowing that I'm probably being unfair to the VC at the moment (I definitely will be holding off on the comparison thread for a bit longer)... Mostly just happy with my new ring, which sounds like a good place to end, so I'll do my best to just stay there! ::)

Boogins thank you!! I'm glad to have coaxed you out of lurkdom :bigsmile: Mmm, Luxury - I like that description - it *feels* luxurious! I know what you mean about over-the-top - VC recommended against the slightly bigger end-stones I was originally considering, and he was absolutely right. The graduation has presence, but I think this way it looks more - deliberate? Dare I say reserved, even?

DBL is a unique enterprise in that they do have different "tiers" of work, for lack of a better word - they do introductory level setting, higher-end casting, handforging... but because they offer those multiple tiers they don't have that "high-end" reputation, if that makes sense? I knew after seeing some of their high end work in-person that they could play with big boys in terms of what I was looking for (wirework) - and oh, this ring is proof of that ::)

Thank you preg! I'm so glad I started those threads - I got so much good advice and support from them, and I'm happy to hear that other people find them useful!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1325717887|3095238 said:
ame I forgot to mention that Kenny discovered last year that for whatever reason the new PS massacres jpegs - washes them out dreadfully - I've been doing much better with pngs! You sound like an avid photographer?

Ring - the metal is beautifully fluid and I know wg is more difficult to work by hand than platinum, so I imagine such results would be even easier to achieve! I did have the opportunity to see several pieces in-person, all in platinum - they were beautiful, I remember, but of course I don't have the benefit of actually owning one for extended scrutiny. I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles :sick: you shouldn't *be* in this position, and I hope you find happy resolution soon!
Thank you! I stepped back for a while, just left them locked up and wearing a plain band if anything.

Less avid than I used to be, enough so that I am kind of um...losing my memory on it! I do not like that JPGs get washed out so badly, though so far most of mine have not seemed to have been too affected. I might have to try saving as a PNG next time I make a file, I know Photoshop gives a PNG as a "save for web" option so maybe Ill see how that looks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1325781805|3095729 said:
Yssie|1325717887|3095238 said:
ame I forgot to mention that Kenny discovered last year that for whatever reason the new PS massacres jpegs - washes them out dreadfully - I've been doing much better with pngs! You sound like an avid photographer?

Ring - the metal is beautifully fluid and I know wg is more difficult to work by hand than platinum, so I imagine such results would be even easier to achieve! I did have the opportunity to see several pieces in-person, all in platinum - they were beautiful, I remember, but of course I don't have the benefit of actually owning one for extended scrutiny. I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles :sick: you shouldn't *be* in this position, and I hope you find happy resolution soon!
Thank you! I stepped back for a while, just left them locked up and wearing a plain band if anything.

Less avid than I used to be, enough so that I am kind of um...losing my memory on it! I do not like that JPGs get washed out so badly, though so far most of mine have not seemed to have been too affected. I might have to try saving as a PNG next time I make a file, I know Photoshop gives a PNG as a "save for web" option so maybe Ill see how that looks.

Hah, it happens! ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, it looks just gorgeous now! The transition is much improved over the VC version. :appl: I know it was a bummer to have to get a brand new ring to fix that one issue, but hey it happens. Much like Frankie discovered, each version gets better than the last. I'm sure you are super happy with this one and I'm glad you didn't settle.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1325806537|3096055 said:
Yssie, it looks just gorgeous now! The transition is much improved over the VC version. :appl: I know it was a bummer to have to get a brand new ring to fix that one issue, but hey it happens. Much like Frankie discovered, each version gets better than the last. I'm sure you are super happy with this one and I'm glad you didn't settle.

Thank you Laila!! It came out beautifully ::) and I admit, I'm quite happy not to have followed Frankie's path to a third iteration 8)

I'm glad I didn't settle. I could've, but I'd have wondered and wanted - at the end of the day getting it redone turned out to be the best of my options!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of the earrings - I'm going to have them reset as I don't like the very open baskets, but I'm wearing them around the house for fun now ::) They're just over 2.5ctw OECs.

IMG_0828%20copy%203.png

B_1.png

C_1.png

D.png
With a 0.47ct and a 0.05ct baby bezel ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E.png

F.png

G.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a fun one of metal colours - from L-R
Sterling, 18k Ni-WG (unplated), 18k Ni-WG (unplated) from a different manufacturer, 18k Pd-WG, Pt 950/Ru

IMG_1239%20copy_1.png

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie, posting from Disney with terrible connection, so will save the gushing for when we get home...BUT...it is stunning...perfect in every way! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you yenny!! :bigsmile:

ETA: wow. That last earring pic... I have elephant ears, I really do :-o

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1325810616|3096122 said:
Don't worry Yssie, nobody's looking at your ear!

The earrings are gorgeous! I love the eight prongs. Wow. They look amazing.
I love the shot with the earrings and your new ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, the earrings are stunning! What do you think you will have changed with the reset?

If you ever decide to sell your smaller 8-prong studs, I'll be first in line :wink2:

I like the color of your new ring in the comparison shot. How do you feel about it in comparison to your previous ring?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is super blingy! I really like it. What don't you like about the earring settings? I think they are really pretty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1325811345|3096132 said:
Yssie|1325810616|3096122 said:
Don't worry Yssie, nobody's looking at your ear!

The earrings are gorgeous! I love the eight prongs. Wow. They look amazing.
I love the shot with the earrings and your new ring.

... they are if one posts true-to-size closups of ones earlobes on here!!

I just asked DH what he thought of the size, shape, and character of my ears. He got up and walked away - apparently I'm past my quota for the day :cheeky:

stargurl78 said:
Yssie, the earrings are stunning! What do you think you will have changed with the reset?

If you ever decide to sell your smaller 8-prong studs, I'll be first in line :wink2:

I like the color of your new ring in the comparison shot. How do you feel about it in comparison to your previous ring?

So my stones have a whole lot on top and not a lot on the bottom - super high crowns and shallow pavilions, and those are just Stuller stock settings I believe - and they're clearly made to fit a variety of shapes, including shapes with the same diameter as mine but a *lot* more on the bottom! The "cage" part is just this open, empty vaccuum and the stones actually end about 2mm above the base of the basket, I want settings that fit my stones better and hold them closer to my ears. I suspect if I had normal stones like RBs, like yours, this wouldn't be an issue!

The colour in that pic is actually a good match for what I see IRL. Aside from the inconvenience - I have a bucketful of unplated nickel alloy bands that I can't use with this ring - I don't really have an opinion either way on it - or, at least, I don't right now! It's warm and creamy, and not icy white, and that's about all I was worried about!

Maisie said:
Your ring is super blingy! I really like it. What don't you like about the earring settings? I think they are really pretty.

Thank you Maisie!! Nothing drastic - I just want some settings that fit my (asymmetric and top-heavy) OECs a bit better, which means they'll have to be tailored for these stones specifically. They'll still be 8 prongs in white metal :sun:

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
yssie your ring is stunning! the long process really paid off - i can really see the design element from all angles and it's truly a piece of art! my SO is bored of me being on PS, but even he was impressed ;)) i dropped some hints for way down the track and saved a pic for my folder hehe

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you marchesa! :bigsmile: It's a total distraction ::)

Hmm. Can I request some opinions - does the palladium wg look kinda - *pink* - to anyone else? That colour is pretty much exactly what I'm seeing IRL... I was planning on getting a 22k yellow gold band to wear with it sometimes, but - would that clash? Maybe 18k rose gold is a better idea? I don't have any 18k rose gold - my 14k is wayy too pink I think...

I was thinking about one of these lil' guys http://www.etsy.com/listing/47559018/22k-gold-plain-stackable-rings-using-100
Untitled-1%20copy_0.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yssie,

Congrats on your beautiful new setting! :love: :love: :love: I'm so tempted to change my 2.656ct pendant into a 5-stone ring cos it's about the same size as your centre stone and our ring size is similar (except that your fingers are long and elegant and mine are short and stubby! :knockout: ).

Could I ask for a favour? Could you possibly post pics of the VC setting and this one side by side and point out the differences? I *think* I can see them but am not 100% certain.

Congrats also on yr new earrings. They're really gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: Did you post the specs somewhere? Where did you get them if you don't mind sharing. Thx.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Thank you junebug! I'm feeling so many things right now, I don't really know that I can label them all. I'm of course really happy with how this turned out, but also upset by *knowing* that the finish on the VC could've been so much more, happy that I decided to reset - time, expense, and headache be damned, and then guilty for being so happy and so cavalierly dismissing said time/expense/headache, annoyed with knowing that I'm probably being unfair to the VC at the moment (I definitely will be holding off on the comparison thread for a bit longer)... Mostly just happy with my new ring, which sounds like a good place to end, so I'll do my best to just stay there!"

Yssie, I just want to say I can relate a little to how you're feeling! I'm planning on getting an antique oec ring in the near future, and I vacillate between feeling guilty about spending so much money, then feeling guilty but excited, then not feeling guilty one little bit, then back to feeling guilty for not feeling guilty lol. Jewelry purchases can come along with a little excess baggage sometimes, can't they? But I say this with all sincerity - I'm glad to read that you are going to just allow yourself to be happy with your new ring: you are a young woman, you will be wearing your ering for many years, it's a very special piece and so it should look exactly the way you want it to look! And FWIW, I don't feel that you've been unfair to anyone! In fact, I think you've been very diplomatic and you've expressed your thoughts and feelings without being harsh or critical.

And those earrings are TO DIE FOR! :love:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread just gets better and better! The ring is just insane. I mean...it's just wow. I am completely and totally in awe of it. You must be so happy and DBL must be so proud! I don't want to upset anyone but the DBL ring is (to my eye and to my taste) far nicer than the VC!!! There is just a fluidity in this ring that is delectable! I know Victor does amazing work though! Anyway, those studs...just gorgeous. I have studs in 8 prong martinis too and I love the way it looks!!!

Enjoy all these beauties :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
stargurl78 said:

So my stones have a whole lot on top and not a lot on the bottom - super high crowns and shallow pavilions, and those are just Stuller stock settings I believe - and they're clearly made to fit a variety of shapes, including shapes with the same diameter as mine but a *lot* more on the bottom! The "cage" part is just this open, empty vaccuum and the stones actually end about 2mm above the base of the basket, I want settings that fit my stones better and hold them closer to my ears. I suspect if I had normal stones like RBs, like yours, this wouldn't be an issue!

The colour in that pic is actually a good match for what I see IRL. Aside from the inconvenience - I have a bucketful of unplated nickel alloy bands that I can't use with this ring - I don't really have an opinion either way on it - or, at least, I don't right now! It's warm and creamy, and not icy white, and that's about all I was worried about!

Oh, ok that definitely makes sense. I agree that I would want them to sit as close to the ears as possible. Will DBL be making the new pair as well?

I do think that your new ring seems to be a bit pink based on the photo. Obviously the rose gold wouldn't match it exactly but I still think it would look pretty with your ring and I definitely like that idea better than the 22k yellow gold. And you are still having one in the matching metal made as well? I don't think you can ever have too many bands because its fun to alternate them or stack them...

Lovely! And I really love those prongs. They are perfect.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring :love: its good to hear that you are happy with it :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had to come back and drool some more..it's really so exquisite, Yssie! I can't imagine how gaga you must be!

No real updates on mine..I decided I want an AVC wedding band as well..more stones are coming in next week and I'm back to trying to decide if I'd like bigger end stones or a bigger center...or both.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
that's gorgeous! i love it. the diamonds are stunning. i love the profile view of the prongs, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results