shape
carat
color
clarity

RHR style

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Would anyone consider wearing a Tiffany-style solitaire with a colored gem as a RHR? I do not like sidestones very much or halo-type because I like the stone to be showcased and I like the timelessness of solitaires. I tried on some semi mounts at Helzberg the other day just to get an idea, and even as a RHR I kept coming back to the Tiffany style as what I liked most on my finger and just in general. The setting I am looking at is a simple 4 prong Tiffany style in YG with the gently tapered shank.

But I am concerned that it would look too much like an E-ring.

(My e-ring is also a Tiffany style solitaire but it is 6 prong. I have a wrap and an anniversary band that I wear with it often and when I want to dress it up, but honestly, my favorite look is the Tiffany style solitaire with my original, plain, no bling band that is about 4 mm wide because I just love the simplicity of it and to me it makes the stone pop). All of my other CS jewelry are some form of solitaire as well, with a few exceptions, but none of them are specifically "Tiff" style so they do not look like e-rings to me).

Just curious, thanks...would anyone wear that as a RHR anyway?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I do this all the time. I don't think anyone would confuse it for an engagement ring because (1) it's on your right hand, and (2) colored stone rings are often considered not to be engagement rings, even when they actually are. Basically, very few people assume a colored stone ring is an engagement ring, whereas diamond rings are almost universally assumed to be engagement rings.

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

That's what the guy at Helzberg said too, that with a different stone it wouldn't look too much like an e-ring, but I just feel a little bit funny about it I guess because it is going to look almost exactly like my e-ring, just a different stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that's what pleases you, then by all means do so! Any ring is always worn for the personal enjoyment of the wearer. In any case, because it will be worn on the right hand, I doubt anybody will mistake it for an e-ring.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it will look like an ering.

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Another question:
I just spoke with our local jeweler after looking at some of the solitaire settings off of stuller.
They have a rope shank, thin, that I am also looking at so it would look a little different than my ering. It is just the shank. The head must be ordered separately.

She recommended a bezel set with a rope shank, similar to David Yurman style, but I personally do not care for bezel set. I like them to sit higher. I then asked her about putting a Tiffany style head on that, and she said, "Sure," and quoted me a price. I asked her if she thought it would look strange with the tiff head and she said, "Well, I've never had that request before. It would be different for sure."

Does anyone have any pics of a tiff style solitaire with a twisted/rope single shank? I've only seen one in real life, which is what gave me the idea, but she seemed to think it might look odd and I don't want to buy something that I can't return.

Anyone got pics?

This is the shank I was looking at (one or the other. she quoted me the pinched shank but I think I actually prefer the flat):
http://www.stuller.com/products/sh304/?groupId=105263
or
http://www.stuller.com/products/sh302/?groupId=103345

(looks like they show it with a tiff style head??? is this really so "out there?")
I am probably going to do a SS shank with a white gold head similar to this:
http://www.stuller.com/products/321/?groupId=17483

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful, thank you for posting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results