shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to vent!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
So I am spending the week with my fiancé and soon to be in laws and it's been hard... Very hard! His Father is contributing a large amount of money for our wedding and he told his son it's a "wedding present" use it for the wedding, use some of it for the honeymoon, whatever. Very sweet and generous man. We were thrilled! Well, ever since we have been here we have been getting comments from the stepmom and stepsister on how our wedding is too expensive ( it's not going to be cheap but its far from extravagant, just really nice) and no one expects people like "us" ( whatever the blank that even means) to be having such a nice wedding, my favorite horrible comment was directed at me, "isn't THE BRIDES Father supposed to pay?" which was especially unkind because I had thanked his Father for his contribution and said how sorry I was my Father was not still alive because I know he would have contributed as well and not to mention my Father passed away and won't even be at my wedding, then there was ALL the "suggestions" made about how the wedding should be, " I know they dO it differently in the states but WE hate sit down dinners and find them very uncouth", HUH? The whole week of nasty comments has been hard and it makes me miss my own sister so much who would have been appalled by the rudeness and would have just LOVED to go on and on with me about how awful they are, hehe. this just proves that just because you have money you do not have class... I truly have been shocked by some of the things they have been saying. Ok, thanks for listening... I am just laying low and trying to support DF and I am profoundly grateful that they live out of the country, lol. My Fiancé's other sisters are excited about the wedding and are lovely people so that helps! We are leaving here on Saturday so I am going to continue to support DF and focus on us spending time with his sweet Dad who is not doing so well which is why we are here. Ok, thanks for listening, just needed to share I guess. Has anyone experience something like this?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry that these ladies are so horrible to you! Keep your head up and just remember that it is YOUR day and don't you let them ruin it! Ugh...what mean people. At least his father is nice :wink2:

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Stacylikessparkles :)))). I do not like to complain its just been a borage of nasty lil comments to me about the wedding, me, my fiancé etc etc and all of this is coming from two incredibly difficult and snooty people.....I am not used to this kind of aggression and rudeness from people, thank goodness :))).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This story is reminding me of Cinderella (you and your DF) and the wicked step mother and sisters! UGH! I think if you give a monetary gift - its a gift. The giver could have some ideas that they share with you, but have to give with no strings attached. The recipient is now the 'owner' of the money and can decide how to spend it as they see fit.

Who thinks a sit down dinner is uncouth??? Where are these people living - 15th century???

Plan your wedding, enjoy the process, include who you find supportive and loving towards you in those decisions... then the heck with those who are just trying to rain on your parade. :-o

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Enerchi.... The sit down dinner comment was well...... Just weird and something else to make a negative comment about...... we had a lovely lunch with his Dad today who said some very lovely things about me and how happy he is I am marrying his son so that is what I will leave with, his Dad is truly wonderful, as is my Fiancé. I think we are just dealing with some greedy people who are being triggered because they feel someone else is getting something from the Dad that they feel is theirs..... How nuts and sad actually. Anyway, I am very grateful to his Father and whether or not they like it it was his gift to us and the conversation between me and his stepmom and stepsister is over........ Any other time they bring up wedding stuff I will politely remind them that they have already shared their opinions and I do not need a repeat and yes Enerchi, I will only have excited, happy, kind and appropriate people around during the rest of the planning and decision making part of all of this!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Ladybug! I'm so GLAD you had a good ending to your visit! How wonderful your future FIL is so happy you are joining his family and your life with his son... that is such a nice note to leave a visit on! So glad for you. :D

Yeah, I think the other members may be jealous of 'losing' some of their wealth??? :nono: who knows--- people are funny in highly charged emotionally explosive situations. Just stay strong - and sounds like you'll have great people to rely on. I wish you all the best! :halo:

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Yes, thank you, it is a great note to end on....We will continue to plan and I am excited and so happy to be getting married to my Fiancé.... He is a gem and that's what is important and it doesn't hurt that this part of his family lives far far away! Thanks for letting me vent, I would never want to share too much with my fiancé, God knows its hard enough on him too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vent away, little ladybug! We are hear to be your 'ears'! :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results