shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is an antique cross I bought from melsantiquejewelrytoo on ebay. Top is platinum and back is probably 18k gold. It is a little over an inch not including the bale.

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2809d.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1324859987|3088510 said:
Okay, I have a couple to add to the thread. I already have the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross that I pretty much leave on all the time. But I had been wanting one that is a little larger. So I got this Tiffany small cross for Christmas.

I simply love your two new crosses, diamondeeker! They seem so right for you, too! They are are beautiful and elegant and yet modest. I do not mean , "modest" in the sense of, "not expensive", of course! I mean that they look like crosses that would be worn by a religious woman, someone with principles. Yet they are just gorgeous. I admire them both, but especially the lovely Tiffany cross!

I hope that you will wear them both in good health! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Deb
:read:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1324868696|3088568 said:
diamondseeker2006|1324859987|3088510 said:
Okay, I have a couple to add to the thread. I already have the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross that I pretty much leave on all the time. But I had been wanting one that is a little larger. So I got this Tiffany small cross for Christmas.

I simply love your two new crosses, diamondeeker! They seem so right for you, too! They are are beautiful and elegant and yet modest. I do not mean , "modest" in the sense of, "not expensive", of course! I mean that they look like crosses that would be worn by a religious woman, someone with principles. Yet they are just gorgeous. I admire them both, but especially the lovely Tiffany cross!

I hope that you will wear them both in good health! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Deb

HI:

Just seeing this now. When did you get that sapphire cross DS? Is is lovely! Gosh I used to follow Mel's antiques on ebay ages ago...might be worth revisiting!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
There are such beautiful pieces on this thread! DS I love your new crosses!!! How special to have the one from Tiffany's and the sapphire one is so pretty and unique.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, Excellent choice! I have the small la primavera in sterling that I wear almost everyday and get so many compliments on. What a lovely gift.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker2006, I am in love with the Tiffany cross and hope to own it some day, thank you for sharing yours, it's lovely and the sapphire cross is stunning! Now how do you decide what to wear each day......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1325433493|3092845 said:
AGBF, Excellent choice! I have the small la primavera in sterling that I wear almost everyday and get so many compliments on. What a lovely gift.

artdecogirl- I was delighted to read this message! I had no idea that a fellow Pricescoper, let alone someone I knew (someone with taste), had also chosen the La Primavera cross! I am really, really glad that you posted about it! I was just instantly taken with this cross above all the others James Avery offered...and I kept coming back to it. I haven't mailed it out to Whitney's birthmother yet (it arrived here after Christmas), but I will!

Deb/AGBF

starshine

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1324861730|3088522 said:
And here is an antique cross I bought from melsantiquejewelrytoo on ebay. Top is platinum and back is probably 18k gold. It is a little over an inch not including the bale.

Wow! That is gorgeous, DS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Deb, Sharon, Sundial, artdecogirl, and starshine!!! I had forgotten to check back to this thread since I rarely browse the Jewelry Pieces forum!

Sharon, I got that cross probably for Mother's Day, so last May. From time to time I check the antique crosses, but it is rare to find a smaller one. So many are just gorgeous but HUGE! This one with the sapphires is the largest I would wear out over a sweater or turtleneck. I still watch for the antique ones and designer ones because I like crosses a lot!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1325553146|3093763 said:
! I had forgotten to check back to this thread since I rarely browse the Jewelry Pieces forum!

Blasphemy! :saint: :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will make it a New Year's resolution to try and visit this forum often, Sharon! :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1333914345|3166283 said:
For anyone seeking a T & C yellow gold diamond cross--I thought this was a good deal!

http://www.oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_18k_Yellow_Gold_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_7771.aspx

It's very pretty. Thanks for letting us know about it, Sharon!

Deb
:saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new cross to add to my collection, and I will have to say it is my favorite! It was offered on ebay for a charity auction benefiting a school. It was a brand new platinum engraved Beaudry cross donated by Tivol Jewelers in Kansas City. I wanted an 18" platinum diamonds-by-the-yard chain to wear with it, and I couldn't believe it, but someone sold one custom made by WhiteFlash on the pre-loved forum, and I was fortunate to catch it soon after it was listed and was able to buy it! (Sorry for the huge picture! The cross is around .8 inches and I guess it is a little over an inch with the bail. So it's not as big as it might look!)

Beaudrycross2.JPG

Beaudrycross3.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1339624705|3215670 said:
I follow Oakgem on a regular basis, but don't peruse ebay very often...but noticed this:

It's so nice of you to keep posting notices (and links) to Oakgem when these crosses show up, Sharon. You are like a shepherd for the flock (or something for which I cannot find an appropriate simile at the moment)! I was never more tempted than by this yellow gold Tiffany cross. When I saw it (because I often click on the link you provide), I thought I had bever seen the cross in yellow. And maybe I just have a terrible memory now (which I do). But when I saw this, I really felt it was possible I hadn't seen it in yellow before!!!

Thanks for posting!

Deb

tiffanycrossinyellowgold.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1339626265|3215682 said:
canuk-gal|1339624705|3215670 said:
I follow Oakgem on a regular basis, but don't peruse ebay very often...but noticed this:

It's so nice of you to keep posting notices (and links) to Oakgem when these crosses show up, Sharon. You are like a shepherd for the flock (or something for which I cannot find an appropriate simile at the moment)! I was never more tempted than by this yellow gold Tiffany cross. When I saw it (because I often click on the link you provide), I thought I had bever seen the cross in yellow. And maybe I just have a terrible memory now (which I do). But when I saw this, I really felt it was possible I hadn't seen it in yellow before!!!

Thanks for posting!

Deb

Deb:

My pleasure! :)) I hope folks don't think shill.... if I had seen a YH pretzel like yours on that site I would have snapped it up!

At any rate, I love my (platinum) Tiffany cross and I think it looks gorgeous in yellow gold as well.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I love it in both metals!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here's some pics of my custom rose gold cross with old cut diamond (oec, though seems more like omc to me). The second two photos are from instagram, so apologies for the bumped up/down colors.

img_4471.jpg

3c9a5d1c7f5c11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

e163497c7f4711e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elmorton|1340379518|3221829 said:
Here's some pics of my custom rose gold cross with old cut diamond (oec, though seems more like omc to me). The second two photos are from instagram, so apologies for the bumped up/down colors.

Just beautiful, Elmorton! Very lovely lines. You said it was custom. Did you just have the cross made? I love rose gold at all times and the diamond looks large, but not overpowering! Elegant!!! Wear it in good health.

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1324058822|3082929 said:
I decided in the end to buy this cross for my daughter's birthmother. I bought a 14K yellow gold "lite rope" chain (18 inches long) on Overstock.com to hold it. They had a more delicate (and inexpensive) 16" chain for sale that appealed more to me, but I have a very slender neck and like delicate jewelry. Many people who bought that chain liked it because it was delicate; others hated it because it was (in their estimation), "cheap". So I decided to err on the side of caution and go for a sturdier and larger gold chain, although not one that would overwhelm the small cross!

My daughter and I finally mailed out the cross and chain to her birthmother with an explanation in English of the symbols on the cross taken from the James Avery website, but formatted nicely with a pciture of the cross by me. It was in an elegant box provided by James Avery. I didn't send a message, although it was I who had thought of the gift; my daughter really seemed to want it to be from her. I did ask her to mention that I had had a part in the gift, however!

Photos of the cross (which was received safely in Colombia) are below.

Deb/AGBF

PS-I had a little problem. I not only could not find the photos I took of the cross on the chain (did I imagine taking them?) on my computer, but I accidentally upoladed some other photo. Yes, it is of my dog. And it is not even a very good or clear photo of my dog. It just happened to be on the computer. And now I can't get it off my posting. I apologize.

574569_3182870510532_736087327_n.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1349659204|3281254 said:
AGBF|1324058822|3082929 said:
I decided in the end to buy this cross for my daughter's birthmother. I bought a 14K yellow gold "lite rope" chain (18 inches long) on Overstock.com to hold it. They had a more delicate (and inexpensive) 16" chain for sale that appealed more to me, but I have a very slender neck and like delicate jewelry. Many people who bought that chain liked it because it was delicate; others hated it because it was (in their estimation), "cheap". So I decided to err on the side of caution and go for a sturdier and larger gold chain, although not one that would overwhelm the small cross!

My daughter and I finally mailed out the cross and chain to her birthmother with an explanation in English of the symbols on the cross taken from the James Avery website, but formatted nicely with a pciture of the cross by me. It was in an elegant box provided by James Avery. I didn't send a message, although it was I who had thought of the gift; my daughter really seemed to want it to be from her. I did ask her to mention that I had had a part in the gift, however!

Photos of the cross (which was received safely in Colombia) are below.

Deb/AGBF

PS-I had a little problem. I not only could not find the photos I took of the cross on the chain (did I imagine taking them?) on my computer, but I accidentally upoladed some other photo. Yes, it is of my dog. And it is not even a very good or clear photo of my dog. It just happened to be on the computer. And now I can't get it off my posting. I apologize.

HI Deb:

I loved seeing your pooch again--and the story about the cross. Both wonderful--I knew they'd have to be from you!
Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1349709034|3281503 said:
I loved seeing your pooch again--and the story about the cross. Both wonderful--I knew they'd have to be from you!
Thanks for sharing.

Sharon

Thanks for the support. I found the photos, and am trying to upload them now. I seem to be fumbling a great deal, however. I may have to ask Andrey and Ella for help!

Deb

_1249.jpg

dsc00054.jpg

_1250.jpg

dsc00053.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were my final two photos. At least I wasn't losing my mind about having taken the photos. I simply didn't remember where they were (on the memory stick, not on the computer yet).

Deb/AGBF

dsc00051.jpg

_1251.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to laugh about the dog picture! He surely is adorable!

The cross is so pretty and special! I am sure her birthmother will treasure it!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, love that cross! What size did you get? The large one 2 3/8"? I've been looking for a gift for my mother. Not sure if the large will be too large or just right?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1349829789|3282510 said:
AGBF, love that cross! What size did you get? The large one 2 3/8"? I've been looking for a gift for my mother. Not sure if the large will be too large or just right?

Hi, lizzyann-

I am fairly sure I got the smaller one. I don't think it's too small for an adult woman to wear. I liked it a lot and so did my daughter who usually likes bigger pieces. But then, I don't like huge jewelry. The size you get may depend on what size jewelry your mother prefers. When I chose this size, I wasn't even aware that the larger size existed. This was the only size I saw advertized. Later I saw that one could buy a larger version of the cross. On the other hand, I would never be afraid of a James Avery cross being too large (if your mother prefers bigger pieces of jewelry). Their jewelry is-in my opinion-always tasteful.

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bumping this for anyone looking to buy a diamond cross--one posted in the Pre-Loved forum. Looks awesome!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results