shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this is the best close pic I've seen of Kates bling from last night.

259846857_n.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1324336469|3084870 said:
And while still discussing Swedish royal jewelsand ladies - the other day I came across this photo of The Crown Princess & The Duke of Västergötland and I can't help but wonder - is this a new official portrait od the young royal colple or just a photo with a nice background?
8d07f1661df02dcd.png

That is the same dress and tiara she wore at the Nobel Prize Ceremony. Perhaps, since they were already dressed up, they decided to get a good picture at the same time.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
chel180|1324393837|3085283 said:

The necklace is a little different, but not as bad as Queen Sonja's gold tiara. Interesting though, that the earrings don't really match (no rubies). I wonder if they are separate wedding presents?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1324414386|3085476 said:
The necklace is a little different, but not as bad as Queen Sonja's gold tiara. Interesting though, that the earrings don't really match (no rubies). I wonder if they are separate wedding presents?

Yes, the earrings are different in design from the necklace and bracelet. We've already seen them paired with a matching all diamond bracelet. I wonder if there are earrings to wear with the ruby and diamond jewels?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1324414021|3085471 said:
That is the same dress and tiara she wore at the Nobel Prize Ceremony. Perhaps, since they were already dressed up, they decided to get a good picture at the same time.

Yes, but is this an official photograph, like the ones that were published before the wedding, or is it just a nice photo of a happy couple dressed for an important occasion?

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Bobby, I cannot find that picture on the royal family's website; so I think it's just a beautiful photo.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that I see it up close, I'm not that impressed with it for royal jewels. I wish her hair wasn't covering it though. The earrings she's worn before many times

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's better than her usual nothing, but not thrilling to me either. If it was a wedding present, certainly not from any Middle Eastern prince! I keep wondering if any of them sent her something she hasn't worn in public yet. If so & I were she, I'd wear the sucker to bed, in the bath, to the grocery store, absolutely everywhere!

It's a baby step -- we should be grateful for that much.

English Princess

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1323737326|3080125 said:
Ivana|1323734796|3080091 said:
Happy birthday prince.of.preslav!!

Just yesterday I stumbled upon a post where you said you share a birthday with some royal. I do not remember who it was, but I made a mental note not to forget to wish you all the best after midnight!

I hope you have an awesome day! =)

Thank you, Ivana, and welcome to the board! It's just so kind of you!

The royal lady in question is HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. Here are a couple of pictures to celebrate the anniversary of her birth.
M008.jpg
marina_daisywedding_0.jpg

Guess what she's wearing here:
3307944.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...er-home-in-belgrave-square-news-photo/3307944

Bobby

I had to cheat and read the photo's caption: October 1937: Marina, Duchess of Kent, leaving her home in Belgrave Square, London, to attend the State Opening of Parliament. (Photo by Topical Press Agency/Getty Images). This State Opening was the first of King George VI's reign. According to the Queen's Jewels, Marina, Duchess of Kent borrowed the Emerald and Diamond tiara from her mother, Princess Nicholas of Greece. The tiara is part of the Queen Olga of Greece Parure. Princess Nicholas inherited the parure from Queen Olga. On her death, Princess Nicholas left the parure to Queen Frederica of Greece. She left the ruby and diamond parure to her son, King Constantine II. His wife, Queen Ann Marie wears it often.

Queen Olga of Greece wearing Ruby paurure.jpg

Queen Ann Marie ruby tiara.jpg

Queen Frederical of Greece in Ruby Parure.jpg

Queen Ann Marie of Greece Ruby Parure.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas to all my fellow pricescope junkies! May the new year bring us all bling! I've got some new "royal jewels" to share, but I haven't been able to post pictures for a couple of days. I'll try again later!

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas from the Danes! Obviously, we have the lovely Mary in the (full?) ruby parure. What is HM wearing??

danish%20wow.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Thoughts on the Danish Royal Family official photo. They are an interesting study when looking at the hands. CP Fredrick seems to be making a fist and P Marie a claw.

Perhaps it's just the way CP Mary is wearing her tiara, but it looks fuller.

Love the dark blue dress on P Marie.

Queen M often has dresses that appear theatrical in design, and she carries them off beautifully. I have read that she has designed sets or clothing for a theater performance. Don't know if that is true or not.

P Joachim seems to come across frequently in photos as a stiff, unfriendly person. But then, my photographic image appears to represent me as a crone. Sigh.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Laurie, compre the above picture of the Dutchess of Kent leaving her home with any picture of Katherine also a Dutchess save the pictures on her wedding day of her wearing the Cartier London masterpiece from the era when the picture of Duchess #1 was taken and tell me those days aren't gone. The democrat (small d) says good riddance and the royal watcher in me says you've got to be kidding.

Now let the posts accusing me of bashing A ROYAL begin. :rolleyes:

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Thank you BubblyBear! I was able to view the video at that site as well. Even though much of it was in the Danish language the members of the Danish and Swedish houses gave wonderful commentary in English regarding the history of the jewels (mostly tiaras) that they own and the various modifications of them. It was so enjoyable spending the evening on the site. Thanks again!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Just the other day I caught an episode of a TV series called 'Royal Jewels'. This one was about the Danish royal jewels, and featured Crown Princess Mary talking about the jewelery she has been gifted with, and about redesigning the tiara to fit her head shape. She talked at length about being a custodian of such important pieces, but her girlish excitement about being able to wear such things peeked through.

She also mentioned (she was wearing it in the interview) the sapphire brooch she was given on the occasion of Prince Christian's christening, how it has always been worn on family occasions, but that she wears it more often than that.

It was a great show, I'm looking forward to seeing other episodes, the next one advertised is about the Russian imperial jewels.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL|1324528290|3086611 said:

Now that I see it up close, I'm not that impressed with it for royal jewels. I wish her hair wasn't covering it though. The earrings she's worn before many times

I am not impressed with it at all. The design is stiff and out of proportion and there seems to be too much metal around the stones.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Bobbby-- I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work, dedication and attention to detail that has made this thread the joy it is to read. The pictures and the histories are riveting and I am a daily reader.

My best wishes for the holidays.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1325032821|3089654 said:
Bobbby-- I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work, dedication and attention to detail that has made this thread the joy it is to read. The pictures and the histories are riveting and I am a daily reader.

My best wishes for the holidays.

Merry Christmas, Amber!

You're most welcome, of course, but I think there are other posters who must be praised for their work on this form as well.

Best wishes for the holydays,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1324958147|3089036 said:
Laurie, compre the above picture of the Dutchess of Kent leaving her home with any picture of Katherine also a Dutchess save the pictures on her wedding day of her wearing the Cartier London masterpiece from the era when the picture of Duchess #1 was taken and tell me those days aren't gone. The democrat (small d) says good riddance and the royal watcher in me says you've got to be kidding.

Now let the posts accusing me of bashing A ROYAL begin. :rolleyes:

I actually tend to agree with you, Danny, but then again very few women (royal ladies incl.) could compare to Princess Marina's elegance and composure.
Sadly you're right and these splendid days are now gone.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
jean95404|1324949203|3088939 said:
Thoughts on the Danish Royal Family official photo. They are an interesting study when looking at the hands. CP Fredrick seems to be making a fist and P Marie a claw.

Perhaps it's just the way CP Mary is wearing her tiara, but it looks fuller.

Love the dark blue dress on P Marie.

Queen M often has dresses that appear theatrical in design, and she carries them off beautifully. I have read that she has designed sets or clothing for a theater performance. Don't know if that is true or not.

P Joachim seems to come across frequently in photos as a stiff, unfriendly person. But then, my photographic image appears to represent me as a crone. Sigh.

As you may have understood by now, The Crown Princess' wearing Queen Ingrid's varsion of the ruby tiara, which was grander in comparison to what Mary had made.
It is true that The Queen has designed clothes for theater performances and what's more, HM has participated in a few acts.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1324942646|3088894 said:
Merry Christmas from the Danes! Obviously, we have the lovely Mary in the (full?) ruby parure. What is HM wearing??

danish%20wow.jpg

In this photograph The Queen's wearing the Floral Aigrette tiara with some of the Crown Jewels - a necklace of large pearls, a devant-de-corsage in pearls, diamonds and rubies and a pair of mathcing earrings. These jewels can be seen in Rosenborg Castle.
PS: The only missing part of the ruby parure is the brooch.

Bobby

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
13th December 2011 we got one more brand new queen from malaysia. Tuanku Haminah binti Hamidun (born 15 July 1953) is the current Raja Permaisuri Agong (Queen) of Malaysia and the current Sultanah of Kedah.

malay%20new.jpg

The 14th king of Malaysia, Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah (front L) and Queen Sultanah Haminah Hamidun (front R) during the king's welcoming ceremony at the Parliment House in Kuala Lumpur.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous bling on both of them. Amayas, do you know what the...um, what do you call it on a man?...brooch? is that the King has in the middle of his chest? Emerald & diamond, maybe? Is it an order?

--- Laurie

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Laurie, for want of an exact "name" for that piece on the King's chest, let's call it "A Mighty Fine Piece"

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1325190641|3090917 said:
Wow, gorgeous bling on both of them. Amayas, do you know what the...um, what do you call it on a man?...brooch? is that the King has in the middle of his chest? Emerald & diamond, maybe? Is it an order?

--- Laurie

It's an order ,called Darjah Kerabat of Kedah. I think it isn't the emerald and diamond.

darjah%20kerabat%202.jpg

darjah.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So here is one of my new royal jewels...I saw this necklace a few years ago, but couldn't justify the price. This past year we got a bonus at school for our standardized test scores, so instead of doing the sensible thing and putting the money into the kids' college fund, I spent some of it on this necklace. There are matching earrings too, but I goofed and wore my hair down (I know, I should know better) so you can't hardly see them. I wore this necklace for the first time at my Christmas concert. This year I decided to get back to my oboe playing after a 17 year hiatus and I joined a local community band. I can actually see this necklace becoming a family heirloom to be passed down. It is two-tone gold beads, and the best way I can describe it is that it looks like golden lace.

Oboe12.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Laurie, for want of an exact "name" for that piece on the King's chest, let's call it "A Mighty Fine Piece"
:lol: :lol:

Thanks, Amayas, glad to know more. I was gobsmacked thinking it was an emerald of that size!

Maria, you sparkle beautifully!!!

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1325261405|3091560 said:
So here is one of my new royal jewels...I saw this necklace a few years ago, but couldn't justify the price. This past year we got a bonus at school for our standardized test scores, so instead of doing the sensible thing and putting the money into the kids' college fund, I spent some of it on this necklace. There are matching earrings too, but I goofed and wore my hair down (I know, I should know better) so you can't hardly see them. I wore this necklace for the first time at my Christmas concert. This year I decided to get back to my oboe playing after a 17 year hiatus and I joined a local community band. I can actually see this necklace becoming a family heirloom to be passed down. It is two-tone gold beads, and the best way I can describe it is that it looks like golden lace.

It looks delicious, Maria! It also look antique to me. Am I right? I can also see some sparkle, perhaps there are some stones in it? I'd liove to see it close and personal :razz:

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... Looking at this graphic/portrait of Queen Louise of Prussia, I can't help but notice the remarkable similarity her tiara bears to the Meander kokoshnik that was worn by the new Princess of Prussia at the wedding ball earlier this year.
I wonder if Crown Prince Wilhelm was inspired by his ansestress' jewel when he ordered the kokoshnik?

You can see Queen Loise' picture here - http://www.gogmsite.net/_Media/luise_queen_of_prussia.jpg

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results