color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
LV - Samantha's barrette is so cute!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got the St Nicholas photos from day care. we celebrate St. Nick on 5th of December and he is always accompanied by his mischievous Black Petes. please don't think about it too long as it is indeed a politically incorrect story, but that's just how it is celebrated here.

here they dressed up Skye in a Black Pete outfit. this picture cracks us up every time we look at it because it is so typically the way she looks when she's upset: head thrown back and a big square mouth.

noelwr161211-1.jpg

noelwr161211-2.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks Skippy! How's your weekend going? Will the boys be visiting Santa?

Elle, Sounds like Liam is a very good boy!! Lucky momma!

Noel, I love that barrette too! It's from an etsy seller. I was wanting a cherry blossom barrette for some time and finally ordered a few. The barrettes they sell in stores (the few that I've been able to find) are no where near as cute. Oh, and the clip is really, really small and has a no-slip grip added, so they work for very fine baby hair too. http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilchatterbox?ref=pr_shop_more Oh, I wanted to ask - do you exchange gifts on December 5 too? It's nice that they had Santa at daycare. Skye doesn't seem phased by him!

Hoping to make it out for photos with Santa today! Here are some more photos of little S. The first one is the one we picked for her card. I did use mpix (thanks CDN!) because expedited shipping was only $10. My little baby is almost 11 months old. :)) :-o :confused:

card photol.jpg

teeth.jpg

DSC_2969.JPG

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, I've been thinking about you and baby Aubrey since I read your birth story and will continue to do so. She will do great, I know it, but it's still so hard to deal with. ;( Sending you both all my positive thoughts.

Skippy, great photo of the boys. Love the bare toes. So cute!

Noelr, I can't believe Skye is 1 already. She's adorable in those photos.

Elle, congrats! You must be over the moon.

LV, thanks for asking about Isla! She was 3 weeks when we took her newborn photos. We were lucky our photographer was available. We had another one booked, but she bailed on us; she couldn't/wouldn't fit us into her September schedule. (Isla was due in October but decided to come 4 weeks early while we were visiting family in Canada. It was quite an exciting Labour Day for us.). If anyone needs a photographer recommendation, I'd be happy to pass along her details. She has a studio in New Jersey but can do location shoots in NY.

If you can, show us which card you ended up choosing. Great photo, btw. Samantha is absolutely gorgeous and looks like such a happy baby. Time seems to be really flying. I can't believe she's 11 months already. Thanks for the etsy link. I never used to shop there until Isla. Now, I'm always browsing for cute baby things.

I've attached three more photos. The first one is another from her newborn shoot. The second was taken last week at 3 months. She has curly hair :love: that was brown when she was born but seems to be growing in blond. The third one was with Santa. I probably should have planned a different outfit. She blends in too much with Santa!

IslaAt21Days.jpg

IslaAt3Months.jpg

IslaWithSanta2011.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, I didn't get to take them to see santa but we did the next best thing!!! hehee I have two Santa babes!!! Since the quality of our cards wasn't the best we just put in a costco pic w/the cards. Samantha is gorgeous!!! :love: I wished you lived closer; i would ask you and S to come over and play w/M & E! They would love Samantha!!!! You are such a sweetheart and I can tell S is a doll; I just love her! oh and your ornaments are so beautiful! are you taking her to see Santa?

NOEL, baby cries are so cute!!

PT, how is Ava and you doing??? thinking of you!

CDNY, I am glad you are here!!! Awwwww Isla is beautiful!!!! :love: :love:

I am loving 8 months (they are 8 month Today)!!!! I am having the BEST TIME with my sons!!! :D Friday was my birthday and my hubby was so awesome and had a card (with hand prints) and chocolates wrapped for me from the babies! :love: :bigsmile: I got the boys some fun toys when hubby and I went shopping and out to lunch to celebrate my day (the grandparents babysat and of course had a great time w/Evan and Miles).

Isn't the 1st Christmas/Holidays fun with the little ones?!?!? If feels so SPECIAL and Wonderful!!! HUGS to all you mommas and your beautiful babies! :halo:

DSC_1241.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Why am I addicted to this thread--oh that's right; GORGEOUS babies!

Charbie--healing vibes your way.

kind regards--Sharon

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CDN, Yay!! So glad you posted. Isla is GORGEOUS! :love: :love: Oh, you must be so in love. Her curls are so sweet. :)) We picked this card: http://www.mpix.com/products/cards/316 I can't figure out how to copy the card over like you did. You lucked out with your photographer. That newborn photo is just precious. Great photo for 3 weeks too. The photographer that did our newborn photos insisted they be done 2 weeks or earlier because she felt she could get the best photos then. It was really stressful getting there so soon after birth. She was an hour away, so that didn't help. There aren't that many photographers in CT that do these types of newborn photos. A friend gave me a package to another photographer for 4 photo sessions, and it's been downright painful going there. They basically take studio shots a la senior year of high school photos. I hate to sound ungrateful, but it's been trying. Then they make you come back to view the photos, and hard sell them, and they are very expensive. Uggh. I would have stopped going, but she asks me all.the.time whether I've scheduled my next appointment. Guess I needed to vent about that! :rodent: Are you SAHM? How are you finding it? Are you able to go out a lot? Play groups?

Oh Skippy, you are so SWEET! If we lived nearby, we'd totally be over! That would be so much fun!! I'd bring the caramel macchiatos too. (I've only recently discovered these at Starbucks. So addictive. Can you tell I need a coffee? haha.) Cutest little santas ever!!! Their personalities are really shining through in these photos you've been posting. Evan looks so much like you in that santa photo! Do people tell you that all the time? When people tell me that S looks like me, I can't help but smiling the hugest smile. It's so silly, really, of course she is going to look like us! But, when people say that, it just makes me so happy!

Hi Sharon :wavey: !

So, S has been pulling up on furniture. She does this thing where she's stand on one leg! Almost like she's practicing ballet. So cute and so funny!!!

Oh, and we did go to see santa yesterday. Thank goodness there was no line. Poor S just started crying as soon as I sat her on santa's lap. Needless to say, the photos aren't that great, but hey, I tried. I actually felt really bad for putting her in a situation that might make her upset. Oh well, I'm sure it's long-forgotten.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
LV - traditionally, the Dutch exchange presents on St. Nicholas. usually they play a type of secret Santa, and you also have to write a funny poem and get a joke present for the person whose name you draw. in my family, we were brought up with presents being done at Christmas. I would get a small thing in my shoe from St. Nick, like a hair bow, and a letter asking why I hadn't left any carrots for his horse. we celebrate 2 days of Christmas here. by the way, the bearded guy in Skye's pic is St. Nick, not Santa. the difference being that he lives in Spain all year and comes to Holland by steamboat in November and stays around until his birthday. it's funny because the German St. Nick lives in Turkey. don't know why Santa chose the cold North Pole. obviously, the kids here don't know about Santa Claus. I love the photo you chose for your Christmas card. S has got on such a pretty blouse and cardigan, and the colors of the ornaments are stunning. but I do love her teeth in the middle pic! the last pic is also precious. by the way, does your window look out onto forest? it must be so lovely to be able to watch the seasons.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I love the pictures of all these gorgeous holiday babies! DH and I usually enjoy the holidays, but have been so preoccupied with the new baby, we keep forgetting Christmas is coming up in a few days. I have a feeling some of our family are going to be receiving slightly belated gifts.

Skippy - I especially love the picture of your boys in their Santa hats. They look like they're laughing over some inside joke.

LV - S is such a beautiful girl. She looks so perfect next to the window and tree (which is also gorgeous).

Noel - The pictures of Skye from the day care Saint Nicholas celebration are priceless.

I'm jealous of all these professional newborn photos. I didn't want to have them done when Ava was first born, because they would have been taken in the hospital with feeding tubes, monitors, IV's, etc. She still hasn't technically reached her due date, so I've been researching photographers, but I want digital files, and they're so expensive. I wasn't anticipating spending over $1k on them!

We're settling in with Ava at home. The first night or two was rough, but looking back, it was probably because I had no idea how noisy sleeping newborns can be! I thought she was fussing and needed feedings or diaper changes, but as it turns out, she just grunts and cries out a LOT in her sleep. She sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches, so while I'm tired, I'm functional. She had gained nearly 2 ounces at her 2 days post discharge appointment. We have another weight check appointment tomorrow, so hopefully we're maintaining a positive trend.

today.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV that would be so much fun to have coffee together and see your beautiful S, darn I wish we could really do that!!! Thanks so much!! A few of the PS moms I am friends with said that Evan has my smiling eyes; thank you that is super sweet of you to say. I think Miles totally looks like my hubby. It is fun that each one looks like hubby or me! Oh it is fun to have people thinking your little one looks like you! She is such a doll! Yay for her pulling herself up; that is so awesome! I love seeing the boys do new things! Wow, when is her 1st bday, sooooo exciting!!! :D aw, I bet she long forgot about that white haired guy!

SHARON, hi, how are you? :wavey:

NOEL, oh that is neat to hear other peoples Christmas traditions!

PT, awww, Ava is so beautiful; I just want to pick her up and cuddle her. :love: Oh my gosh, I remember all too well Miles grunting. I was a mess the first night; I have a baby monitor and brought it to our room and every peep I would jump up. Then I turned it off the second night as I was on hyper alert (he is just a door down so I can hear him anyway). I think the first couple of nights are the hardest. I am glad you two are getting settled.

AFM, the babies are eating baby food. :D Evan loves carrots and Miles does not care for them. We made our own baby food and that is the plan; I bought a steamer and a immersion blender. I bought a book too that all the mommas have for making their food. Happy Tuesday mommas!

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
PT- your daughter is adorable! Congrats on her homecoming :appl: ...and dont worry it WILL get easier!

Charbie- thinking of you and your beautiful little girl- will keep your family in my prayers

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: All the babies are ADORABLE! and PT... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Ava is GORGEOUS!!! So glad that she's home!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MERRY CHRISTMAS MOM's!!!!!! Hugs to you and your beautiful babies!!! Hope your weekend is wonderful and if you are traveling that you are safe! Happy Hanukkah. Hubby has the rest of the week off into next week so we are looking forward to just hanging out with the boys!!!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Ava gained a little less than the nurse would have liked at our last appointment. Boo. I forget how tiny she is sometimes, because I'm so used to seeing her, but I took a photo of her in her car seat after we got back from the pediatrician...

tiny.jpg

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah Mommies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday and spending some quality time with your family and friends. Sorry I haven't posted lately, but its been a bit crazy with getting ready for the holidays and work. In any event, I am going to attempt to catch up as best possible...

Basil - Sorry for all the sickness in your household, but I understand. How is the little man handling daycare otherwise? Any more thoughts about the house? Your little man looks sooo cute in his hat. Is he still sleeping well and putting himself to bed? I agree with you on the four months mark, it seems like they are so much more interactive now and smiley too :bigsmile:

Kunzite - OMG, congrats on the babies my dear! :appl: I know it must be overwhelming, but hang in their my dear. If those babies are even half as cute as O, that will be a household full of adorable children.

LV - Sorry to hear the flu visited your house too, but hopefully it didn't last to long. Too funny about the cats. Miss S loves the kitties. The older one is really patient with her and lets S touch and grab him but the younger one is not much of a fan. As for the Christmas cards, we do one every year with the furry kids but trying to get them and the baby in the same pic has been trying. We may try one more time to get one. Those pics of S are so precious though.

Icekid - Good grief, when did the baby turn 1, I can't believe it. I feel like he was born just yesterday. Do share a few pics before you move on to the next thread.

PT - What an absolutely adorable little princess! She is too cute :saint: . I hope she continues to gain weight and grow well.

Noel - Congrats on Skye turning 1! I do hope that you continue to post in here though.

Skippy - The boys look too cute in their Santa hats. I hope that Evan is eating a bit better now. Happy belated birthday. I hope you had a lovely day. I also hope that the boys liked thier presents you got them.

Elle - Welcome and congrats on little Liam. We look forward to seeing some photos and hearing all about your new mommy experiences.

Charbie - My thoughts are with you and the family. I pray that Aubrey's surgery went well and that you are all recovering well. Big hug

CDN - Isla is too cute and oh my, what a full head of hair! Glad to hear all is well with her.

AFU - We are just sitting around with my mom and sis in our jammie enjoying a quiet Christmas. My DH and I cooked up quite a storm yesterday for 13 people, plus the little one. It turned out pretty good and everyone was fat and happy. We finished the evening with a lively game of Outburst, good times, lol. It was a bit tough for the family without my stepdad, but I think we made the best of it. Sophia DH and I all made out like bandits gift wise, including a beautiful bracelet with a little baby shoe charm with S's name it. So sweet! It had been a bit of a touch time leading up to Christmas since S decided to revert to waking up every two hours and as a result, I got sick. But thankfully, she is back to sleeping through the night and I am finally on the mend. Anywho, I am going to spend the remainder of the evening with the fam before we head back home tomorrow. I hope you all have a lovely evening!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I don't post...ever really...

But just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays!

I'll throw in a picture of Violet just for fun!

108.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy last few days in December! Hubby and I made some side dishes for Christmas and celebrated at my sisters house. I got an Old European Cut diamond in Honor of my baby boys for Christmas, I posted a few pics in SMTB. :halo: The boys got some fun toys, but they actually liked wrapping paper and boxes better than anything else. LOL Hubby has the week off so tonight he is making homemade pizza! hugs to you all for a beautiful NEW YEAR! I would love to hear how your holiday went w/your beautiful babies!

TAO, aww Violet is gorgeous! I love her cheeks!!! :love:

PT, awww such a cutie pie!!! :love: :love: Hang in there momma, my boys are always on the low end of the weight gain; I think preemies tend to be that way. I hope she gains weight soon.

DCGATOR, thanks about my boys!!! aww, it sounds like you are having a fabulous time with your family!!! Just reading your post made me feel like I was there! I would love to see your bracelet!!! We need a pic of S please! :love:

LV, how is S? Did she get some fun toys? i can't wait to hear about her favorite toys and hoping to see a pic of your beautiful daughter!!! :love:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to post a hello to all you mamas. Hope you enjoyed your baby's first Christmas. What a special holiday!!!

Skippy, Lucky lady! Beautiful babies, wonderful husband and brand new shiny bling! What more can a girl ask from Santa :bigsmile: I'm off to SMTB to see your OEC!!!

PT, love getting caught up on Ava! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas

Tao, V looks PRECIOUS!!! Look at that face!!!!

DC, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Just what you needed after a hectic lead up. Sounds like S got lots of family time. What a joy!

~LC

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy, What toys did Santa bring for the boys? You'll have to post some photos for us! S got a lot of presents from Santa. We did get her the Little People Farm. Hee-hee. And, the Melissa and Doug alligator push toy, which she's not ready for yet. She is standing and will walk along the sofa while holding on, but she's not walking yet. Lots of books and some Wee Sing cds that I heard were supposed to be good. My husband made homemade pizza tonight too! Yum. Baby likes it too. :)) How are things going with the boys and food? Have they tried banana yet? That was S's fave, and super easy to prepare.

Tao, Violet is ADORABLE! Look at those cheeks!

DCG, Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. How did Sophia do with all of the visitors?

PT, Ava looks so small in that photo but also soooooooooooooo adorable! The picture of her swaddled is just so cute too. How much does she weigh now? Did the dr give any advice re: weight gain?

Noel, Interesting about St. Nick and Santa. I always thought they were one and the same. Yes, our house does back up to a forest/wooded area. I'm a nature girl, so I do like to watch the change of seasons.

Charbie, Thinking of you and A.

Some photos from yesterday.

cute baby.JPG

making music.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LISA, thanks about the bling and the babies!!! I am so excited for you to be in this thread. I will still be in this thread when you post here!!!! Hope you had a beautiful holiday!

LV, Samantha is gorgeous!!! I just love her!!! :love: :love: The boys godparents got them some fun toys. The Vtech talking duck and bear, I got them the little people School House, Oso go go racer cars (those are for 3 yr olds but they have to wait, I got click happy on Amazon), some toy that they ride (it is still in my minivan trunk) but that they can use at 18 months and a baby basketball hoop. Oh and they got some sweater rompers (not sure if that is what you call them but the ones like Oliver wears), I can't wait to put them in those!!! I hear good things about Melissa and Doug! I got my nephew a Melissa and Doug sandwich making kit! hehe

CHARBIE, I have you all in my prayers! hugs

Hubby and I are being lazy sort of (with lots of cleaning in between) and just chillin with the boys! Here are the babies chillin Christmas morning. They are such happy little guys! :love: Do you mommas get sad thinking your little ones are going to be 1 and that they grow so fast? I can't believe mine will be 1 in less than 4 months! I want them to slow down sometimes!! Now I understand why everyone says enjoy them because it goes so FAST! :D

DSC_1365 - Copy.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!
Skippy let me know I needed to check in :)
Aubrey is doing really well after her open heart surgery last week. They were able to completely patch the hole with no leaks, and dilate her valve to the proper size. They stitched up a few other very small holes she had as well. Feeding is much quicker than before, and it appears she is trying to catch up. She has had occasional rhythym issues, but those have pretty much stopped and she was only on a pacemaker 1 night in ICU.
We transferred out of ICU on Christmas day, and are now residing in the step down unit. The nurses have been really nice, and everyone just loves Aubrey. She is quite the ham. It took her about 3 days to smile, but now she doesn't want to stop! Its been really scary throughout this whole process, but all in all I feel fortunate that my baby girl's heart is fixed! There still is some genetic testig being done to see if she has any other issues, but I'm taking things one day at a time and enjoying the cuddles we missed out on.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers!

2011-12-25_08-43-43_956.jpg

2011-12-26_11-45-25_675.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie, thanks for checking in. I can imagine that must have been a scary few days to put it mildly. I'm glad you're on the *other side* now and Aubrey is doing well. I :love: :love: :love: those pics! ...playing peek-a-boo with the IV board and that face! OH.MY.GOSH!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie - I'm so glad to hear Aubrey is doing well. She is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine the relief you must be feeling. Hope her recovery is as quick and comfortable as possible.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charbie I am so glad that is doing so well. hugs momma! she is so beautiful!!! prayers continued for a speedy recovery.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, wanted to post HOORAY for you and A. She looks ADORABLE! Speedy recovery dust to her. You are one brave mama to go through all this. I'm so glad it'll all be behind you and your beautiful girl will be OK. Thank goodness!

~LC

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ladies, all of your babies are so stinkin cute! I hope to join you all soon!

LV - Do you mind telling me where you get S's hair clips from? They are always so adorable!

Charbie - A is so cute and I'm happy to hear that her surgery went well! :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie - So glad to read your update. A is soooo beautiful. Her face is so delicate and lovely. :love:

Skippy - That is just the cutest photo! They look so happy! Hee-hee!!! Seriously, they seem to get cuter and cuter in every photo. Their personalities are really shining through. Yes, approaching one year is no fun! My little baby grew up too quickly. Everyone always says it goes by too fast, and so I would try to be mindful of that and enjoy every day. And, still, I feel like time has escaped me! All we can do is try our best to enjoy every moment. Sometimes, I really stop and look at her, try to feel and smell and be right there, really breathing in how sweet it is to be with my baby. Usually right before nap time, it's so quiet, just me and her, time really seems to stand still in those moments. I am grateful for that time. :))

ImperfectGirl - ETSY!! My favorite shop is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilchatterbox?ref=pr_shop_more I do think they are pricey, BUT I really keep track of these and hope to have them for quite a while. Her clips are super tiny too. I was actually surprised by how small, but turns out they are perfectly sized. There are so many sellers on etsy selling clips and headbands for babies. Have fun shopping! Can't wait to see you here, IG!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I hope you all are enjoying the after the holidays-glow and life has not gotten too crazy again yet.

Tao - V looks so sweet, and what pinchable cheeks she has there!

Skippy - OMG, those boys are too cute! Do they still sleep together each night? That must be so nice to have someone so close to grow up with. As for Christmas, yipee for baby gifts! I think my bracelet was a bit of a late push present too, hehe. I will have to go over to SMTB to see your diamonds. How nice that you and your DH get to spend a quiet week together. Enjoy the time with the whole family. Sorry I haven't posted a pic of S yet, but I will get around to it. There are some cute ones of us making cookies too :bigsmile:

LC - How nice to see you in here. We are looking forward to having you join us in just a few short months, how exciting! I know it seems like you are pregnant forever, but the baby time will just fly by, so enjoy it!

LV - I :love: all the little accessories that S has for her hair. She is just too cute! It looks like she really enjoyed Christmas and all her gifts. As for my S, she is really good with all different people, since she has been exposed to all kinds of family and visitors ever since she was born. So, she just loved all the attention. Needless to say, she slept really well each night too :wink2:

Charbie - I am so glad to hear that Aubrey did well with her surgery. The poor little munchkin looks so small with all those wires and such. But it sounds like she bounced back well. I will continue to keep her in my prayers and hope for a speedy recovery so she can go home with mommy and daddy soon.

AFU - The MIL and her DH are visiting us for a couple days with their puppies, so we have got a full house here. I am also back at work, so needless to say, its been busy. S seems to be doing ok, although she just can't seem to shake her runny nose. Otherwise, she is Ms smiley pants. I am looking forward to a quiet long weekend with just S, DH and the kitties and maybe a bit of shopping/returning of some gifts. Speaking of, did anyone get any great deals after Christmas? Well, back to work now. Talk to you all soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DCGATOR, they still sleep in their FP Rock and Sleep, hubby and I are worried about transitioning them to the cribs. We tried putting them in them and just rolled around playing like crazy! They are use to sleeping upright; eek, we are in so much trouble! I am not even sure how to transition the and they are starting to get to big for the Rock and sleep. thanks about my boys! YAY, I can't wait to see pics of S and you making cookies!!! :love: I got a few things at Kohl's after Christmas but didn't find a whole lot at the other stores. Did you? hope your little one feels better soon!

LV, when is S's birthday? do you have some fun plans? a big party or small gathering? yay! Oh I know, they grow so fast, sniff sniff. It goes so fast; your daughter is so precious!!! :love: yes, extra hugs and cuddles for sure. thank you so much about my boys!!!

Imperfectgirl, can't wait for you to join this thread, yay :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results