shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope-what do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My bf & I are going diamond shopping in Chicago the weekend of the 18th. I was considering buying an Ideal Scope to help us judge diamonds. A couple of questions:

1. Do we need to have one ourselves or will the jewelers have one?
2. Will the Beginner Ideal scope do the trick or do we need the Expert model? Do we need the other accessories (lights, tweezers etc.)
3. What will the reactions of the jewelers be if we bring this type of equipment?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The beginner model, the one I call the basic model, will be adequate. Jewelers will have tweezers and sufficient light. They probably will know nothing about the Ideal-Scope, but maybe you will find one or two who either know about it or would like to know more. These are the more forward thinking jewelers, versus the ostrich-like ones who don''t want to know anything new, unless there is an immediate reward attached.

The expert model has the benefit of a 10X magnifier of higher quality built in rather than the plastic 6x of the basic model. You can see inclusions better with 10X. We are selling nearly an equal number of less costly to higher priced ones and rarely does anyone complain about either model.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 10:43:54 AM
Author:IslandDreams
My bf & I are going diamond shopping in Chicago the weekend of the 18th. I was considering buying an Ideal Scope to help us judge diamonds. A couple of questions:

2. Will the Beginner Ideal scope do the trick or do we need the Expert model? Do we need the other accessories (lights, tweezers etc.)
3. What will the reactions of the jewelers be if we bring this type of equipment?
I forgot to add, that I''ll be looking at Princess Cut stones. Does the Ideal Scope help enough in judging these? I know it''s better for Round.....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/8/2004 11
6.gif
6.gif
8 AM
Author: IslandDreams

I forgot to add, that I''ll be looking at Princess Cut stones. Does the Ideal Scope help enough in judging these? I know it''s better for Round.....
Yes it does work for princess cuts too. It''ll be interesting to hear your reports. :)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It could help you, but not like a round diamond. I have elsewhere today asked Garry Holloway to post sample princess cut images, and possibly he will do that or provide a link. I think it is important to realize that using this tool with fancy shapes is improved by having smaple images for comparison.

rockupied

Rough_Rock
Thank you, David!

I haven''t bought one yet because I had no idea how my princess stone would compare.

rockupied

Rough_Rock

IslandDreams,

I found this particular topic a good one and I liked your questions.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With princess I like to actually look at the stone through a range of positions like the image here - but generally a stone 9like the top one) that looks good face up will out perform one that looks bad front up (bottom)

Princ466And465SSSmal.jpg

rockupied

Rough_Rock

Thanks, Gary. Now that I think about it, I believe you have posted that before.

I am extremely happy with my stone but there is this nagging in my gut wanting to know how good of a cut it is.
19.gif
I wish I had done just a little more research before it was purchased.

Part of me wants to buy an Ideal Scope, part of me is a little afraid to.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Garry,

Thanks for posting the princess Ideal Scope pictures. I''ll be bringing these along with the Ideal Scope to the jewelers.

Any suggestions on how to use the Ideal Scope best in a jewelry store?

rockupied

Rough_Rock

Oh, I definitely love it.........… I mean him!!!! I love him whether I had a diamond or not (truly).

I got to pick out the stone and setting and now my notorious anality is creeping up on me.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results