shape
carat
color
clarity

.65 OMC

Aven

Rough_Rock
I wanted to share my new sparkly! I have wanted an chunky, lower color, OMC for about as long for several years now and last weekend I stumbled upon the makings of a great deal on ebay. The seller was just someone selling some things they didn't want anymore and the photo wasn't super clear, I asked about inclusions or any flaw that could be seen with the naked eye and was told there were none. So I bid and won. Next to how gorgeous this stone turned out to be the best thing about it was the price... I won this little gem for $305.00!

I was a little nervous this week waiting for it to arrive, but once I opened up the package my apprehensions quickly died away. Inside was a wonderful, sparkly diamond. When I turned it over I was surprised to see how dirty the back was, it looked as though it had been taken out of a ring that hadn't cleaned in years (or decades) but even through the gunk it sparkled. When I cleaned it with some dish soap and water it really came to life. This is hands down one of the best purchases I have made :appl:

Stats: .657 ct
I-J color (Def. J if not lower)
Vs2
5.15 x 5.47mm

Screen shot 2011-11-12 at 4.20.56 PM.png

first.jpg

second.jpg

third.jpg

Aven

Rough_Rock
couple more before I have to get back to work

fourth.jpg

fifth.jpg

sixth.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Seem really gorgeous! Congrats!

Aven

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I really love it, I spent a good part of my morning playing with it and taking photos.

ten- blue reflections.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really pretty stone Aven!!! Do you have any special plans in mind for it?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great find! It's a gorgeous stone at a gorgeous price! What are you planning to do with it?

Aven

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! Sorry for the delay in response, its been a hectic few days. I am not 100% sure what I want to do with it, probably a simple four prong or bezel necklace in the near future but long term I would love to do smaller version of this ring with demantoid and diamond halo.

Screen shot 2011-11-11 at 1.33.56 PM.png

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
That ring is yummy! :lickout:

Congrats on the omc, she is a beauty!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
wow nice buy congrats!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Woot hoot! I love it! It's fabulously sparkly and you got it at such a great price! :D

Aven

Rough_Rock
Armywife - that ring is definitely filed in my dream ring folder! And this little omc seems like the perfect stone to make a smaller version :love:

Clueless - Thank you!

MyDiamondSparkles - Thank you, I am just tickled with it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow- that is a stunning stone! Have you set the stone yet?

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous stone! Great find!

Aven

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling I havent set it yet, I am a bit of a stone junkie and horrible at saving for settings... but at some point it will get done :)

sapphirering- thank you, I really love it, I was looking for something like this for a few years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results