shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Diamond - is this a Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greco10

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I walked into my local jeweler last week and looked at a the following Princess Cut diamond for $12,800:

D - Color
1.58 - Carats
Clarity - IF
Polish - VG
Symmetry - GD
FL - None
CU - None
Girdle - STHK
Depth - 75.4%
Table - 77%
Measurements - 6.67 x 6.22 x 4.69

The price looks great...? I am a little disappointed in the Summetry and the measurments (slighlty rectangular). How do I detrmine Cut Grade - the GIA Report doesn''t reflect Cut Grade - I suspect this needs to be interpretd through Finish and Proporations...?

Please provide me with any insights realtive to cut grade and overall value. Also, do the measurements and the fact that the stone is labeled as a Rectangular Modified Brilliant as opposed to a Square Modified Brilliant devalue the stone?

Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are paying for the "d" and "if" grading, you could save significant $$ and get a better cut stone with something else.
www.gemappraisers.com has an AGA cut grading and rules section that can guide you as far as cut for all shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results