shape
carat
color
clarity

EC BOUGHT ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDEGUILIO

Rough_Rock
Recently purchased a ring online:
Certificate 0.81 ct.
Shape EMERALD STEP
Color F
Clarity VS1
Measurements 5.45 x 4.46 x 3.61 mm
Depth 80.9
Table 69.0
Crown 15.0
Girdle MEDIUM POLISHED
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
CutGrade
Lot IDC958-5
Comments
UGSAppraisalValue $7420.00

Accenting this amazing stone are 10 Baguette cut diamonds invisibly set inside the band, for a total carat weight of 0.95ct. The band also holds 8 Round Diamonds on each side of the center stone. Total Carat Weight on this stunning ring is 2.11ct

It seemed like a good deal the price was I paid seemed too good, but since I found this site after I purchased it I am getting concerned about the large depth%. I am located in RI and was looking to get it appraised could anyone recommend an independent appraiser?

I would appreciate any help??

Thanks
Jim

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price should have factored in the extra depth - as HUGE as it is, it makes the stone look seriously smaller.

Usually, you get a discount for these havy stones, but not as much as to make them comparable with better cut ones - you still get to pay for that useless extra weight.
7.gif
But... in this case 10% size or not, it is still a slight visual difference, since the stone is not huge. Three carats and more, and the depth would have been severe imparement!

Is it certified?

If it was, the center stone would cost about 3.3k loose (and it was less for the shop, of course). The balance goes for the setting. So, why do you say this is "too good to be true" ?

JDEGUILIO

Rough_Rock
It certified by the EGL USA. Well the too god to be true might be exagerated but the entire ring cost about 600 less then what you mentioned the loose stone would cost.

Jim

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post a link to the ring you purchased on Ebay? There really isn't enough information. I can tell you that the appraisal price is always a joke and you can never consider it when trying to figure out if it was a bargain or not. For comparason's sake here's what a very similar diamond at DCD for $2493

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=2737095&ref=PS622

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Even though the center stone leaves something to be desired, the setting is lovely and it looks like you got a good deal.
face1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oups! I thought that 7k was the actual price...
Given EGL and the pictures for the setting, 3k still sounds hard to beat retail.
If this ring is what you want, good luck
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
oops sorry i thought it was 7k too..............

JDEGUILIO

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the positive responses.
face1.gif
I loved the setting, and wasn''t really looking at the whole picture at the time of purchase, the depth % in particular, the color and clarity looked good, but I didn''t realize how much else goes into the emeral cut for it too look good. But for the price I thought It was worth the risk.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
look -if you really like it and feel good about it thats whats most important at this point. The numbers on the stone arent terrific but that doesnt mean and cant be beautiful and stone sthat are less than perfect (probably 90%) are much more affordable. I would be thrilled with that ring and I am sure she will too--------------------

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
JDEGUILIO,

Have you received the ring yet? The setting is very pretty. That is a stock photo that they used on Ebay, so I would love to see an actual photo of your ring! Does sound like a good deal.

JDEGUILIO

Rough_Rock
I just got the ring today. It is very pretty. I will try tog et pics of it up. But I have a problem,, the center ring is diffent then the one advertised. Can anyone give me some help on the differnt diamonds, i know what i see with this one but not sure what exactly what I would have seen with the other one. I am going to be sending the vendor an email tommorrow. But I was just looking to see which one do u think would be better by the numbers?

Certificate 77895401D
Weight 0.8 ct.
Shape EMERALD STEP
Color F
Clarity VS2
Measurements 5.51 x 4.84 x 3.36 mm
Depth 69.4
Table 76.0
Crown 8.3
Pavilion 56.8
Girdle SL. THICK TO THICK POLISHED
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade
Lot
Comments

UGS Appraisal Value $7030.00

Thanks,
Jim

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
THEY SENT YOU A DIFFERENT RING THAN YOU PAID FOR? I WOULD RETURN IT AND DEMAND MY MONEY BACK--

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh!
29.gif
It's just not right for them to send you something else and not what was advertised. Even though the first one was deep, at least the rest of the proportions sort of matched. The table wasn't too bad, the crown height was sweet and the girdle was very nice. You paid for all these specs and the vs1 too. Now they give you a vs2
32.gif
and in addition, this one has a HUGE table, flat crown at 8% (much less fire coupled with a very possibly glassy look) and thick girdle!
14.gif
Please get your money back or have them send you what was advertised.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know it sounds like a hassel, but you need to get what you paid for.....don''t let them get away with switching
29.gif
to a lower grade stone, it''s not right. i don''t know how you paid for this, but you should be covered no matter what........good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results