shape
carat
color
clarity

A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sixstrrzr

Rough_Rock
I am trying to find out my gf''s ring size....

I have several of her rings - but I think they''re older, as she wheres all her favorites on her at all times.

Is there some kind of chart or dimension comparison , say to a "penny" which will get close?

It''s an engagement ring, and I don''t trust asking her friends - they''ll be on the phone in a nanosecond.

Or is there another way to determine size - maybe a link or 2?

Thanks !!

TLS

Shiny_Rock
I know that you can order a ring sizer free through blue nile and possibly other companies. It''s just a little plastic thing you wrap around her finger, and I am sure it can also be used to wrap around one of her rings (discreetly) when it is not on her finger. Does she ever take them off?

You could also take one of her older rings to a jewelry store and they could tell you the size, but it sounds like you think those might be old and no longer fit any more?

Even if you are off a little on the size , it is usually pretty easy to get the ring sized correctly after the fact.

sixstrrzr

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much...

I actually had a brainstorm since I posted originally - I was able to find the local jeweler where she had a ring re-sized back in September, and they said she was different sizes - depending on which finger the ring will go on (makes sense).

But the jeweler ( a small slight woman herself) said that I would be safe with size 5 for 110 lbs/ 5''2".

So I guess I''ll go with that.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
that is probably a safe guess. I am a size 4.5 and similar, a couple inches taller - more like 5'' 4

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So take her ring shopping at that jewelry store - and get her some reasonably low cost ring with say her birthstone. Just clue in the gal at the jewelry store first so that she can properely size your girlfreinds finger (even if "accidentally'')....

Perry

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hey six.

I found some info on finding out her ring size, posted some time ago...

- - - - -

Make an Impression
If she’s in the habit of leaving any of her rings lying about, make an impression of one. A bar of soap, a piece of clay or even a piece of bread can be used to take a reliable measurement.

Put it in Writing
You could even trace the inside of the ring on a piece of paper which the jeweler can then use to determine an accurate measurement.

Try it on for Size
Simpler still, just put one of her rings on your own fingers. Push it down as far as it will go and then mark the spot with a pen. Then just show the marking to your jeweler who can measure it for you.

What are Friends For
A friend of the soon-to-be bride’s can be of great assistance in this particular endeavor. It’s not uncommon for one friend to ask another for their ring size as a matter of curiosity. Just be sure you choose a friend who can keep a secret.

The Real Thing
If you can bring one of her rings to the jeweler without arousing any suspicion, this will probably be the safest course of action. Offer to take her jewelry to be cleaned and have the jeweler measure her ring at the same time."

i have heard that platinum is more difficult to resize than gold - don''t know how true that is

good luck in your endeavours
- - - - -

Fudge

Rough_Rock
I agree - don't guess. I have the same stats as your GF, and wear ring sz 3.5, so 5 would be way too big.

Here's the link to the free ring sizer that an above poster was referring to that you can use with an impression or trace of her ring. It's a small envelope, but you might want to have it sent to work/another address if she gets the mail so she won't be suspicious.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I''ve also read here on Pricescope that a good way is to push one of her rings as far down as possible on a tapered candle so that it makes an impression on the wax. I have a thought, though. Since this is her engagement ring, would this not mean that she''s NOT already wearing a ring on her left ring finger? Which means that any ring you measure isn''t the size of that finger anyways?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results