shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
IG,

I know I've never posted on this thread (at least not that I can remember), but I wanted to send you an extra hug and let you know that you have more people praying and sending positive thoughts your way. I check this thread at least once a day to see if D has gone into labor and can't wait for you to have your little girl!

Merry Christmas!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Quick drive by - No dilation or effacement at today's appt but Dr. said she will induce on Jan. 11 if she doesn't go into labor before then. It's so nice to have an end date and Jan. 11 sounds like an awesome birthday! :appl:

Happy Holidays to you all!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhhh!!!! so glad for the update IG and hope that this sweet baby girl makes her appearance before Jan 11 (I think Dec. 25th sounds like a great birthday :Up_to_something: )

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, fantastic news!!!! Jan 11th is so close! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tammy77|1324577082|3086858 said:
IG,

I know I've never posted on this thread (at least not that I can remember), but I wanted to send you an extra hug and let you know that you have more people praying and sending positive thoughts your way. I check this thread at least once a day to see if D has gone into labor and can't wait for you to have your little girl!

Merry Christmas!

Hi, tammy! Hope you and the kids (and Maggie) all have a Merry Christmas, too! It's nice to know you're here with us!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1324613791|3087286 said:
Quick drive by - No dilation or effacement at today's appt but Dr. said she will induce on Jan. 11 if she doesn't go into labor before then. It's so nice to have an end date and Jan. 11 sounds like an awesome birthday! :appl:

January 11 sounds great. On the other hand, there are other great days coming up between now (December 23) and then besides December 25. I like December 24 since it is Christmas Eve. Then there is December 31, the last day of the year. And January 1, the first day of the year. And January 6, Three Kings Day. And January 7, which is Orthodox Christmas (and was my late mother's birthday). And I bet if the baby was born on December 27 or January 8 or something, that day would come to seem kind of special, too!!!

Deb
:saint:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH.MY.GOODNESS! Your baby girl's birthday is around the corner!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1324639577|3087413 said:
ImperfectGirl|1324613791|3087286 said:

January 11 sounds great. On the other hand, there are other great days coming up between now (December 23) and then besides December 25. I like December 24 since it is Christmas Eve. Then there is December 31, the last day of the year. And January 1, the first day of the year. And January 6, Three Kings Day. And January 7, which is Orthodox Christmas (and was my late mother's birthday). And I bet if the baby was born on December 27 or January 8 or something, that day would come to seem kind of special, too!!!

Deb
:saint:
I concur :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - I am so very excited for you. Please let us know if anything happens in the next few days. My thoughts are with you and the birthmother for a safe and uneventful delivery. Merry Christmas my dear!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone! I'm still here! :wavey:

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! We had a nice Christmas and talked alot about what it would be like next year with a little one. :))

I will absolutely post once we get the call that D is in labor...we'll have a 4 hour drive ahead of us so I'll be sure and keep you all updated. We're on pins and needles over here! 38w2d and counting. :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325000129|3089255 said:

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! We had a nice Christmas and talked alot about what it would be like next year with a little one. :))

I will absolutely post once we get the call that D is in labor...we'll have a 4 hour drive ahead of us so I'll be sure and keep you all updated. We're on pins and needles over here! 38w2d and counting. :bigsmile:

:appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, you have certainly been on my mind, proof positive that one doesn't leave Internet friends at the computer, whether or not one has met them in the flesh! I keep thinking about you and your situation all the time. Today when I talked on the phone with a very old friend (dating back to our college days) who lives in California, you were on my mind.

We were actually talking about our surviving, elderly parents: she has a 92 year old mother and I have a 91 year old father. She was telling me that one of the people who had supported her mother greatly, her niece (and thus her mother's grandaughter), was not going to be able to visit her as much because she had just adopted a baby.

I had not seen my friend's niece since she, herself, was an infant over 30 years ago! My friend said that she was a big girl, 5'8" or 5'9" and about 300 lbs and that her husband was even bigger, about 400 lbs. She had had fertility problems and been injecting herself up with hormones that made her crazy. Apparently she went on television and said she wanted a baby and that race did not matter, and two weeks later was offered a newborn baby boy-African -American-in Florida whom she and her husband adopted. I thought of IG and and all her struggles and I thought that life just isn't fair. Not that this woman isn't lovely. My friend has made her seem to be an angel who has visited her grandmother for years. And she endured years of infertility...and apparently went on television, too. So maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. But my friend made it seem as if all she had to was to ask for a baby and she got she got one!

As I write, I realize that my friend's perspective is probably very off! She probably has no idea whatsoever what her niece has gone through. It probably just looked easy to her! But that is neither here nor there. My point was that hearing about another adoption made me think of IG.

I carry you with me, IG. Now the big question is whether the baby will be born in 2011 or 2012?

Hugs,
Deb

PS-Are you staying in touch with D? She must be very uncomfortable now, having trouble breathing and so forth. Can you send her any little gifts? Just things to give her some comfort like a Victoria's secret spray one day and a small box of chocolates (if she doesn't have gestational diabetes) another.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
IG, sending my best wishes to you at this exciting and scary time. I hope and pray that all goes well with the delivery and that this time you get your precious, forever baby.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1325049067|3089830 said:

Well, you have certainly been on my mind, proof positive that one doesn't leave Internet friends at the computer, whether or not one has met them in the flesh! I keep thinking about you and your situation all the time. Today when I talked on the phone with a very old friend (dating back to our college days) who lives in California, you were on my mind.

We were actually talking about our surviving, elderly parents: she has a 92 year old mother and I have a 91 year old father. She was telling me that one of the people who had supported her mother greatly, her niece (and thus her mother's grandaughter), was not going to be able to visit her as much because she had just adopted a baby.

I had not seen my friend's niece since she, herself, was an infant over 30 years ago! My friend said that she was a big girl, 5'8" or 5'9" and about 300 lbs and that her husband was even bigger, about 400 lbs. She had had fertility problems and been injecting herself up with hormones that made her crazy. Apparently she went on television and said she wanted a baby and that race did not matter, and two weeks later was offered a newborn baby boy-African -American-in Florida whom she and her husband adopted. I thought of IG and and all her struggles and I thought that life just isn't fair. Not that this woman isn't lovely. My friend has made her seem to be an angel who has visited her grandmother for years. And she endured years of infertility...and apparently went on television, too. So maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. But my friend made it seem as if all she had to was to ask for a baby and she got she got one!

As I write, I realize that my friend's perspective is probably very off! She probably has no idea whatsoever what her niece has gone through. It probably just looked easy to her! But that is neither here nor there. My point was that hearing about another adoption made me think of IG.

I carry you with me, IG. Now the big question is whether the baby will be born in 2011 or 2012?

Hugs,
Deb

PS-Are you staying in touch with D? She must be very uncomfortable now, having trouble breathing and so forth. Can you send her any little gifts? Just things to give her some comfort like a Victoria's secret spray one day and a small box of chocolates (if she doesn't have gestational diabetes) another.

I'm guessing your friend's perspective may have been off. I have run into some who have never been through this journey that think it's easy or that it's not a big deal if the adoption fails since in some cases the adoptive couple may have never laid eyes on the baby. Those things just aren't true.

I'm thinking she will arrive in 2012 and DH thinks 2011 (tomorrow to be exact).

Our attorney prefers we stay under a certain dollar amount in gifts to D or her family. Between her birthday gift earlier this month and a family Christmas gift we are at that limit. Our mutual caseworker has sent her a goody bag as they do for all their birthmothers for Christmas and a 'labor bag' filled with things she might need in the hospital. S says that D is starting to get uncomfortable. Dr. appt is tomorrow...hoping for some progress. :))

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
How exciting IG! If D has the baby tomorrow, she will share a special day with my daughter, whose adoption was finalized on Dec. 29. It's a good day!

Keep us posted!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. I would imagine most people can't really understand the adoption journey. I'm sure for you and DH the disappointment has felt too huge to bear at times. I know it'll all be worth it and SOON!

PS - Loghan, I hope your kids are feeling better!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, I agree with Deb, I have definitely been thinking about you and your DH during these past few weeks. Many prayers that all goes well for you, what an exciting and scary time. Just know you have a lot of friends (real and virtual) that are thinking for you in these few weeks. Hopefully that thought will help you through all the pins and needles. My prayers that this is the end of your long journey and the beginning of the best part of your life.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
IG, just another well-wisher sending you lots of thoughts and prayers for a successful adoption this time and a smooth delivery and healthy baby!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the pile of well wishers too! I'm stalking the thread with everyone else, just waiting for updates from you! I hope your DH is right, what a way to ring in the new year!! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG...I have been checking this thread often...hoping and praying for some very good news really soon!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325082316|3089963 said:
I'm thinking she will arrive in 2012 and DH thinks 2011 (tomorrow to be exact).

Unless you have been keeping some news from us, IG, I doubt that your husband had the right day. I would think that D would show some signs of dilating before she was ready to give birth, and that is not even accounting for any time spent in labor. I hope she doesn't have to wait too much longer, but first babies are notoriously late. (I was a first baby and arrived a month early, of course, but there is always an exception to prove to prove the rule!)

Good luck to all!

Hugs,
Deb (on December 29th)
:read:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, eeeeeeeee, I am so excited for you! Hugs!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my daughter's adoption finalization, 8 months after we brought her home. Her finalization made us a forever family and made her a US citizen. We were hoping for finalization in 2009 for the tax credit (!) and sure enough, she snuck in there.

My cutie pie has come a long way in 2 years, from when she immediately hated us upon meeting us!

Case.jpg

Casey.jpg

Crazy hat.jpg

First time meeting.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1325136371|3090602 said:
IG...I have been checking this thread often...hoping and praying for some very good news really soon!

HI:

YUP!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1325189275|3090904 said:
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my daughter's adoption finalization, 8 months after we brought her home. Her finalization made us a forever family and made her a US citizen. We were hoping for finalization in 2009 for the tax credit (!) and sure enough, she snuck in there.

My cutie pie has come a long way in 2 years, from when she immediately hated us upon meeting us!

HI:

What an angel! Thanks for sharing with us!

cheers--Sharon

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy Finalization to LS and your family!!!! What an awesome event to celebrate! :appl:

Well DH was obviously wrong, no baby today. BUT, at today's Dr. appt, we found out that D is 1 cm dilated and her induction date was moved up to Jan. 6!!!!! 1 week to go!!!!! :bigsmile: Our plan is to travel to their city on the evening of the 5th. Ahhhhh, I can hardly contain my excitement!

I'm feeling the love from you all, thank you for the well wishes and support!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1325189275|3090904 said:

I just realized that I was sitting here alone in the dark, smiling. I can't stop. (Not that I want to; smiling feels good!) She is wonderful.

Hugs,
Deb

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Sending lots of good labor wishes for D (and emotional/spiritual/huge hugs kind of wishes for you and DH and D and her mom!!!!) :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: 1 weeek!!!!!!!!

Logan-Oh, she is such a cutie, like crazy cute:) I love her adorable baby chub :cheeky:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
LS, happy finalization anniversary! What a happy occasion to share with us! And what a beautiful daughter you have!!! From you posts, it's obvious how much joy she brings to you. Thank you for sharing!

IG, I can hardly contain my excitement for you!!! Sending you all the prayers and PS dust! You must be on pins and needles, and swinging between sprinting around the house, and trying to sit and stay calm. I can't imagine all the emotions you're going through. Sending all sorts of dust, prayers and well wishes to you and your DH! Good luck to D and S and staying hopeful for the HAPPIEST new year for you!

~LC

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loghan, your DD is a doll! I love that first meeting pic especially.

IG, you must be ready to explode with anticipation!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results