shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered my first Barry stone!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I saw a beautiful garnet on the Precision Gem website (the first stone listed) and I HAD to have one in this beautiful magenta color, but unfortunately this stone was already sold :cry:

http://precisiongem.com/Gemstones/Gemstones/Gemstons/RedGarnet.html

So I went to all the usual CS sites but didn't see anything similar until I stumbled across one on Barry's site but it was showing as "Sale Pending". So I sent him an email stating that if the sale didn't work out, to please let me know although I wasn't optimistic and assumed that the stone was gone. He replied back that the sale didn't work out and he just made the stone available! So I bought it. Do you think this will be similar to the one on Gene's site? It does seem a tad darker but I think I'll be pleased with it.

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=57&idproduct=3985

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reddish family garnets tend to go more extinct in some lighting, so check it out in artificial and natural light when you get it. I hope it works out for you. It appears to be a lovely stone.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ok, thanks for the tip TL. I'll definitely check it out if different lighting before I make the decision to keep it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be close (don't know the lighting set up of both vendors even though I've dealt with them on numerous occasiona). On the positive side, Barry's stones almost always look better IRL than pictured.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
It could be close (don't know the lighting set up of both vendors even though I've dealt with them on numerous occasiona). On the positive side, Barry's stones almost always look better IRL than pictured.

That's great news :D I should receive it tomorrow so I'll post some pics once it arrives. I think Gene's stone is a bit more pink than Barry's but hopefully it will be close...

On a side note, I have to add that Barry is such a nice guy. It has really been a pleasure communicating with him for the purchase of this stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results