shape
carat
color
clarity

A message from Tan

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Tan emailed me the other day. It had been a good while since we had talked. He had a couple things to say.
It has been almost a year since he had his stroke. He feels much better and has seen improvement but he is still a lonmg way off from 100%. He will start physical therapy this next week.

He wanted to specifically thank all the PS'ers who thought and prayed for him. He wanted to thank all the PS'ers who have purcahsed his stones. He said Pricescope and it's buyers have been a very good part of his business and he is so thankful for them. He wanted to thank Pricescope administration for allowing such a site to exist that helps teach people what good gems are. He said he is "proud such informed buyers from Pricescope choose to buy from him"(his words). He said.."Pricescope members buy more confidently than others"

He wanted me to pass all that along to you guys and say thanks, Pricescope members and admin.!!

When I asked him about any new "hot" stones or leads on anything good coming around he said some brand new Mahenge material just came in
.."new rough of spinel coming out from this popular area Mahenge. we already secured this rough and now we are processing the sample to see this outcome if the material just like the old Mahenges."[endquote]

He said the stones are getting cut as we speak. He seemed excited about this "new" material. I

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwwwwwwwwww fab news! Thanks so much for sharing. Tan's the Man! (Except you of course but that goes without saying!).

Interesting about the Mahenges - I can see hits on his Ebay stores will be elevated for a few months!

(ps totally unrelated to this thread but just wanted to confess that I've just checked you out on Facebook you handsome man!!!!)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Aw what a nice message! Thank you for sharing!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
This was all this last weekend. It bwas good to hear from him. I used to buy lots of rough/crystals from tan years ago. TL was one of the first people to buy from Tan that I knew of.
If you think about it, it's amazing how a
1)ebay seller
2) from Thailand
has done such a good job selling stones. I mean, think about it...out of all the consumers in the world the toughest ones are the ones that are informed and thats folks like here on pricescope. The hardest crowd to sell to. Sure, some stones returned here and there but that happens with everyone. He has done a good job with his stores.

P.S. LD, one day when I hop the pond we will meet up and hang out and hopefully I will get to see your alex and cuprian collections and ..um...:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tan's a nice man, and an honest vendor IMO. Not all Thai ebay sellers should get a bad rap. Thanks for the update Jason.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
He said he would fill me in when he see's the finished stones from the new Mahenges batch to see how they look/compare. I will let you guys know what he says.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mahenge info is promising, but mostly, I am glad that he seems to have made a good recovery...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I hope his recovery continues well. He is a good guy & a good vendor. Nobody could have been nicer when I returned a stone to him & there was a delay due to a mix-up at his shop. Even though it was past the eBay return period by the time he located the stone, he refunded my money with so many apologies, I almost felt guilty! Good news that things are going well for him.

--- Laurie

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad he is recovering. I am a PSer, I live in Tanzania, and I still choose to buy my Tanzanian stones from Tan via Thailand, I hope that says something!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what is Tan's eBay store name? I couldn't find it =(

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1324307613|3084513 said:

gemburionline
odysseygem
vvs1gem

are his three ebay stores.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update. I think I've purchased at least 2 or 3 stones from him and haven't returned a single one (yet). Initially, I was concerned he had another stroke and am relieved to read that he is doing well. I had a pair of stones that was lost in transit, yet he didn't give me any grief and refunded my money.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
TL|1324310152|3084536 said:
minmin001|1324307613|3084513 said:

gemburionline
odysseygem
vvs1gem

are his three ebay stores.

Great! Thank you =)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock