shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with cushion cut with a keel

CushionCutBuyer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a cushion cut. The one I found has a keel. Will this affect the value? Should I stay away? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Size: 2.00 ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
measurements: 7.95 X 6.6 X 4.7
Table: 67%
Depth: 70.8%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: Very small

Price is $15,400

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've heard of a keel on a ship but never on a diamond! What is it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A keel can describe the way the pavillion facets come together at the culet in an emerald cut. It's a desirable trait there. And it is one of the factors that separates an asscher cut from an emerald cut.

As for this... I'm actually curious if keel is a typo and the OP doesn't mean culet. I'd like that clarified. If the cushion does have a 'keel' shaped culet I'd like to see what is meant by that in a pic before commenting further.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I was wondering, Gypsy. I thought he might have been referring to the culet facet since it is a cushion.

CushionCutBuyer

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
First, thank you so much for your feedback! It has already been very helpful. I am talking about a long culet, guess it is not a keel, google has failed me :) This is the best picture of the diamond that I am focusing on. Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Pic.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is called a keel in EC's so the terminology of "long culet" is accurate and so is keel. No, it will not affect it's value. And I personally like the look, if you do too then it is a good stone to consider.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks cool. Can you see it in person?

CushionCutBuyer

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I saw the diamond and liked it. Hope that she will too! Attached are a few photos. Please let me know if you have any comments. Please do not be afraid of being harsh, I can return it if necessary. The setting is just temporary. Thank you.

Attachments

• Full page fax print.pdf
    144 KB · Views: 47
  • Full page fax print2.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Full page fax print3.pdf
    117 KB · Views: 29
  • Full page fax print4.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 32

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think the attachments work in PDF. Can you please post them in a different format (Jpeg?). I'd love to see!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stone, I love the long culet.

TheGreatTwizz

Shiny_Rock
Looks to be pretty good. Very ICY white. I'd want to see an ASET, and keep in mind that while you're paying a bit for that color, you're also losing some weight to that depth, but that should translate into good light performance (ASETs seem to favor deeper stones).

You're getting a good 2cts for under 20k; that's a good job by anyone's measure, and your girl will certainly love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results