shape
carat
color
clarity

This is enough mula for a decent house in my state

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My favorite - - and nationally recognized as historic - - homes in my hometown of Normal, IL are listed in the $200K to 300K range. I'd so rather have a historic property than a silly ass purse. But, hey, what do I know? I'm sure that $200K bag will keep her warm at night, keep the rain off her head, and be a tangible and worthwhile legacy for her children some day. :rolleyes:

6%20Clinton%20Place%20copy.jpg

CEDAR CREST HOME, NORMAL.jpg

1304%20S_%20Broadway%20copy.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To quote the article:

"But even though the bags are expensive to begin with, this one took the cake. Even the auctioneers were surprised that the bag went for that much, saying “this was certainly an exceptional price, exceeding our highest expectations at every corner.”

If by “highest expectations” they meant “the boundaries of common sense and restraint,” then they’re absolutely right
."

LOL!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1323475305|3078211 said:
My favorite - - and nationally recognized as historic - - homes in my hometown of Normal, IL are listed in the $200K to 300K range. I'd so rather have a historic property than a silly a$$ purse. But, hey, what do I know? I'm sure that $200K bag will keep her warm at night, keep the rain off her head, and be a tangible and worthwhile legacy for her children some day. :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to assume that whoever bought that bag already has the necessities covered... :wink2:

I mean, in a world in which some people earn not just millions, but tens of millions of dollars each year, these things happen.

And just to be clear, I'm not one of those people!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Or you could buy a lovely one bedroom in downtown Chicago.

Gosh, you really do have to wonder what goes on in some people's heads.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Madame Bijoux bought it!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahah, oh of course this happened in Dallas.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
at least it's not an ugly purse

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1323478288|3078232 said:
I think Madame Bijoux bought it!
most likely.. :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a purse, even if I had money to burn.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
A fool and his money are soon parted.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suburban houses are so much harder to carry around & match to Jimmy Choos. They are, however, easier to shove tiny dogs into.

ETA: Can you imagine the rich lady buyer of this thing carrying around a picture of a 200K middle american home on her cell phone & showing it off to her friends INSTEAD? Oh yeah? Nice VanCleef necklace ... but look what *I* just picked up in Boise ...

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I live in Scotland, so I'll have to take the purse, thanks. It's just too far to travel to use the pool.... :bigsmile:

Some of these houses are beautiful, though. Really lovely.

ETA I just looked at the bag. It's also really lovely, but sadly, it wouldn't buy you a broom cupboard in Edinburgh. ;))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1323596627|3079094 said:
I live in Scotland, so I'll have to take the purse, thanks. It's just too far to travel to use the pool.... :bigsmile:

Some of these houses are beautiful, though. Really lovely.

ETA I just looked at the bag. It's also really lovely, but sadly, it wouldn't buy you a broom cupboard in Edinburgh. ;))

It wouldn't buy you a birdhouse in London. :nono:

I'm gonna have to take the bag folks :cheeky:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Gawd I'm moving to Illinois :love:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you live in London, I think the bag would be the better investment. :bigsmile: It could probably get you a small cottage in our village, but you'd have to do a lot of work to it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It shouldn't surprise or shock anyone....it's simply another manifestation of The Second Gilded Age we currently inhabit....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not ugly, but it's nothing special. I *might* buy it if it had a 10 carat diamond charm on it... but more than likely I'd buy the knockoff and spend the other $202,950 on something more substantial. Like a world cruise and ice cream!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd pay off the balance on my house, then the world cruise and ice cream. Ice cream for everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results