shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess vs Flanders

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

herv64

Rough_Rock
Boy, this is hard. I started taking a look at diff. jewelers and have found that they whince when I mention that Princess cut stones are common and therefore can possibly be over charged for (I''m not trying to be insulting). They say that the Flanders (now Elara) is the closest cut to a round brilliant, which is great, but the price is a lot more than a Princess.
One told me a good Princess can be as good as a Flanders, another pointed out how that looking straight down at a .90 and a 1.00 Princess is hardly noticeable as a size difference, which was true.
Anyone want to give me reasons they chose one over the other?
Also, no one knows what I''m talking about when I say a Jubilee cut...
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WHile it is possible, you would find it difficult to purchase a princess cut that is going to be as pretty as most Flanders or Jubilee cuts. The Flanders and Jubilee appear to be cut more for beuty with less consideration to just making them weigh the most. This means they don''t generally run as deep, but rather show more diameteri/width for a given weight. I think the cutters of both these special cut stones tend to look at light return versus wsight as their primary goal. THis does make them cost more than all but the nicest cut princess cuts. When a princess cut is properly cut, it will be just as good a stone as a Flanders or Jubilee, but it would be a rare princess that met that level of cut quality.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 4
6.gif
3:51 PM
Author: oldminer
WHile it is possible, you would find it difficult to purchase a princess cut that is going to be as pretty as most Flanders or Jubilee cuts. The Flanders and Jubilee appear to be cut more for beuty with less consideration to just making them weigh the most. This means they don''t generally run as deep, but rather show more diameteri/width for a given weight. I think the cutters of both these special cut stones tend to look at light return versus wsight as their primary goal. THis does make them cost more than all but the nicest cut princess cuts. When a princess cut is properly cut, it will be just as good a stone as a Flanders or Jubilee, but it would be a rare princess that met that level of cut quality.
well said

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results