shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Narrowing Down

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cryckman

Rough_Rock
Please... can anyone who really knows a lot about princess cut diamonds help me narrow down my search of diamonds. This has been a long and difficult process and I''m ready to just select one and be done with it. It has honestly worn me out looking at so many diamonds. I need your help because they are all starting to seem the same and it''s starting to make me very indecisive. I''d really appreciate it if you could rank these in order of which one you would buy first, second, and so on. Thank you so much in advance! By the way, the setting I''ve finally decided on is this:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Sleek-Lines-Solitaire_688.htm

Thank you Thank you Thank you

1.)
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7311726

Cash Price: $3,600
Stock Number: 7311726
Shape: Signature Princess
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: .93
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 5.31x5.28x3.87
Depth: 73.3%
Table: 63%
Crown Height: 12.8%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Culet: None
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Fluorescence: Medium
Lab Comments: None

2.)
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7311725

Cash Price: $3,100
Stock Number: 7311725
Shape: Signature Princess
Carat Weight: .90
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 5.41x5.27x3.89
Depth: 73.8%
Table: 72%
Crown Height: 9.2%
Polish: GD
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Fluorescence: None
Lab Comments: None

3.)
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=3036289

Stock Number: 3036289
Carat Weight: 1.04
Color: I
Shape: Princess
Depth: 75%
Table: 63%
Culet: N
Girdle: M-TK
Measurements: 5.65x5.51x4.15

4.)
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=2925091

Stock Number: 2925091
Laboratory: EGL
Carat Weight: 0.94
Color: G
Shape: Princess
Depth: 71.4%
Table: 69%
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: M
Measurements: 5.69x5.39x3.85

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Strictly on an emotional level as a woman, I would choose number 3. Why? Because it's the biggest and over the magical 1 carat mark. I think that they all look nice and my second choice would be number 4. It's a good size, good color and best of all it's under $3000! If you still wanted your original setting with the sidestones you could do it easily in your original budget. Next in order is 2 and then 1.

Glad you decided not to go Ebay!! You're going to end up with a beautiful ring for your gal!!

cryckman

Rough_Rock
thanks for your input Pear...

Any one else?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 & #3, because of the smaller tables. #1 has a nice crown height too, so it would interesting to see further stats on #3.

I''d also confirm that the I color in #3 still makes the stone face up fairly white. Fancy shapes hold color more than rounds, so while an I is probably fine with an ideal RB it may not be with a princess.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pear shaped I colored diamond. I compared it to my G colored pear shaped diamond that was in my old engagement ring. I cannot tell the difference.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
FYI, if you decide to go with #3 or #4, the same stone is listed at Whiteflash. Since you were interested in the platinum setting on their site you could save some hassle by getting both stone and setting there. DCD is offering $100 off price that brings the price down even more. Be sure and take advantage of your additional PS discount at either place when you order!!
28.gif

cryckman

Rough_Rock
So I just talked to a person at Whiteflash, about the diamond (#3) and she''s checking to make sure it''s available and that it is "eye clean". I tried to talk her down in price a little bit cause DCD is selling it for $3267 plus a $100 special, which takes it to $3167. But the lady said the best price she could give me was with a bank wire and that would in fact be $3267. I want her to match the price at DCD, but she couldn''t. Then of course the setting from them is $475. That''s $3742 total!

Any advice on getting the price down?

Is there an advantage to getting both the setting and the diamond from Whiteflash versus getting the setting from them and the diamond from DCD???

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
first number 1--OR number 4 with careful assessment of the si

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The advantage to getting them both from Whiteflash would be to save you on shipping and mounting fees. Whiteflash has free shipping and DCD is about $20 so not really a big deal for the shipping. But, if you buy from two different places then you'll have to find a local jeweler to set the diamond in a setting you didn't buy from him. Good luck with that. I had to go to 3 different jewelers before I found someone willing to do just the mounting without having sold me the diamond or setting. He'll certainly charge you anywhere from 25 to 75 dollars I'm guessing. Another thing to keep in mind. If you wire funds to two different places, your bank will charge you about $25-$35 for each bank wire transaction.

Whiteflash's $475 price for the platinum mounting is fantastic. DCD has a similar setting for $900 so there's a huge savings right there.

*By the way, once you add back in the $20 that DCD will charge you for shipping, you're at about an $80 dollar difference. Factor in the additional bank wire charge for 2 different stores and the mounting fee and hassle to find a the jeweler to do the mounting and you are about even.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 has the best potential for a good cut princess. color shows up more in squares, so if you are sensitive to color you may want to stay above an "h"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results