shape
carat
color
clarity

My new e-ring: Vatche 108 Royal X-Prong w/ .94ct E VS2 AVC

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
This is a branch-off of my thread in RockyTalky (backstory here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...og-turned-me-from-pohs-to-chunky-avcs.167785/) since I thought it deserved a thread here so I can Show You The Bling. :) After having different variations of this ring bouncing around in my head since March, it's finally complete! It arrives at my doorstop tomorrow, and I can't wait to see that icy white AVC beauty in the sunlight. It's simply the most beautifully cut stone I've ever seen. I love it! I'm also in love with the ring. My future fiance only had a few requests for the setting when we "play shopped" a few months ago (something I highly recommend to serious couples should the situation arise while wandering past mall jewelry stores, under the playful and suspicion-diffusing guise of "it's not going to be for a while so let me know what you like now so I don't look suspicious later"): she did not want yellow gold, did not want a thin shank, liked the cathedral shanks but also liked those with tapered/pinched tops (she thought she couldn't get both, hehe). I love the balance this ring strikes. It's artful and interesting yet beautifully simple. I also like how the channel baguette diamonds enhance the ring's presence while not competing for attention with the center AVC.

So I present to you the Vatche style 108 Royal X-Prong w/channel set baguettes in a customly requested 900/100 Platinum/Iridium alloy (thanks PS for that recommendation) paired with my .94ct E VS2 August Vintage Cushion, size 9:

CL%20Vatche%20108%20with%20094ct%20E%20VS2%20AVC%20Front.jpg

CL%20Vatche%20108%20with%20094ct%20E%20VS2%20AVC%20side.jpg

CL%20Vatche%20108%20with%20094ct%20E%20VS2%20AVC%20side%202.jpg

More pics will follow next week and hand shots on the happy recipient will show up in about a month. It's the most wonderful time...of the year! :naughty:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: My new e-ring: Vatche 108 Royal X-Prong w/ .94ct E VS2 A

It's lovely!! Different from anything I've seen IRL.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks great!! Can't wait to see handshots of this beauty!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock

awesome setting - looks great with the AVC! very unique. can't wait for the hand shots! :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

what a beautiful ring! Love AVC, enjoy the ring and congrats! :appl:

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everybody for the replies so far! That said, IT'S HERE!!! :D It is truly something to behold, and I am once again reminded that pictures and videos don't do it justice. There is so much detail the human eye can pic up that no recording medium can make up for. For example, I'm finding it especially difficult to photograph the colors this thing is shooting out. In the sunlight, the rainbow beams it shoots out are damn near blinding if you get it right. Surprisingly, it's more beautiful to look at in the shade where you can see the rainbow effect on the large facets without the brightness that makes it hard to stare at it in the sun. It's just such a clean, bright stone. It shines white even when carrying it up a dimly lit staircase. So here are a few pics I managed to take with my Canon PowerShot SX230 HS.

3 pictures by the window in the Good Old Gold teakwood box:
AVC-3.jpg

AVC-2.jpg

AVC-4.jpg

Some sparkle captured via the on-camera flash:
AVC-1.jpg

In lieu of "real" hand shots on my future fiance, I offer these "man hand" shots:
AVC-5.jpg

AVC-6.jpg

Since I'm having trouble capturing the colorful scintillation, here's the diamond lit up with a laser. Why? Why not!
AVC-1-2.jpg
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE :twisted:

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! LOVE that laser pic. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is really beautiful! :love: I am just so happy for you that you were able to go to GOG and find the stone that you thought was the most beautiful! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That last picture is CRAZY gorgeous!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG I LOVE IT!!!! I cannot wait for hand shots on HER dainty paw. Not that I don't appreciate man shots lol

dani13

Ideal_Rock

It's so gorgeous!!!! You done good!!!! Best of luck with your proposal!!!! :appl: :appl:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock

It's fabulous! Congratulations!!!

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everybody! It was great seeing everybody's new rings here over the past few months and I'm so happy it's finally my turn to post some eye candy. The next 3 weeks, 6 days to our little engagement trip (though she doesn't know that yet) will be torture for sure, especially keeping a straight face with all the holiday engagement ring ads blaring on the radio. :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful! Modern and elegant at the same time.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I love the ring, Monkey.

Excellent choice of diamond and setting. Congrats and best wishes!

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Very nice.

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock

5 days to go before this beauty finds its new home! :) In the meantime, here's a Christmas-y pic from our tree at home (taken snealily while she was away):

Resize%20-%20AVC%20Xmas-1.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

That diamond is breathtaking and I really love the setting! Your future fiance is going to be blown away by this beauty!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have any news for us by chance???? :naughty:

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1324341755|3084939 said:
Do you have any news for us by chance???? :naughty:

SHE SAID YES!! :appl:

I'll post pics up in RockyTalky hopefully in the next couple days. It went great! We had a wonderful dinner at Les Halles on Park Avenue (Anthony Bourdain's former base of operations) with plenty of great wine and food. Then we took a horse carriage ride through Central Park, and before it turned down 5th Ave for the tour of the shops I started remarking about how happy I was to be with her and how we have so much to look forward to next year. I continued "I know what you're going to say, because you've said it before. Something else has to happen first. Well, as it turns out [saying this as I slowly sneak the ring box into her hands under the blanket] ... I agree!" Once I closed her fingers around the box it took about a second or two for it to register what was happening and her face lit up like a Christmas tree! Stuck in the moment, I bypassed whatever else I was going to say and just came out with "Will you marry me?" After a deep gasp or two she said "YES! Yes I will!" She was in gleeful yet coherent shock for the rest of the ride down to Rockefeller Center. Since the lighting was dim in the park she didn't get a real good look at it right away, so I told her I'd save it for when we get to the tree. Once we got off the carriage and made the short walk to the Rockefeller Tree I properly got on one knee and slid the ring on her finger. She absolutely LOVES it! The setting was everything she asked for and more, and the diamond was setting off fireworks with all the lights in Rockefeller Center fueling it! She spent the better part of last night calling her friends as they got out of work to tell them all the details. Thank you PriceScope members and thank you Good Old Gold for making this such a wonderful proposal! Seeing my fiancee's (I love calling her that) face light up with a glow that still hasn't worn off is the most wondeful Christmas gift I've ever received. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh wow, that is incredible!!! :love: :love: congrats
:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww, so sweet!!!! :appl: Congratulations!!! Love your whole proposal!

Post the hand shots here on this thread. This is where you post finished rings and handshots!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations, SM!! :appl: What a wonderful proposal story!

Of course she would love her ring, how could she not with an AVC?! :bigsmile:

MikeyPalmice

Rough_Rock

That's great, congrats!!!!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations!!!! Your proposal sounds so perfect and sweet, it brought tears to my eyes! I cant wait for hand shots of that beautiful ring. Merry Christmas and congratulations again to you and your Fiancee (!)

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everybody!! I do have the coveted hand shot here for you, and I'd upload more from the trip but the Image Control Panel is having some issues the past several days.

290573_2756219911894_1449608214_2804336_2146356778_o.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results