shape
carat
color
clarity

Old PS'er Asking For Advice on Engagement Ring - Cushion Cut

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey PS.....It's been a long time since I posted. Hopefully, someone out there will remember me. I'm helping a friend from the gym with an engagement ring. He was about to plunk down waaaaay too much money on a ring at Tiffany and I've convinced him he can do so much better with a PS vendor. The rings and stones are all from Whiteflash.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/grace-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-255.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/isabella-diamond-engagement-ring-676.htm

These are all GIA certified, and square in proportion.

1.33ct G VS1 cushion cut diamond
Length:width ratio 1.05. GIA report attached.

1.26ct E VVS2 cushion cut diamond
Length:width ratio 1.00. GIA report attached.

1.51ct G VS2 cushion cut diamond
Length:width ratio 1.00. GIA report attached.

I hope the GIA reports are attached. Any advice you can offer would be more than appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.26ct E VVS2 CUSH GIA.pdf
    446.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1.33ct G VS1 CUSH GIA.pdf
    448.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.51ct G VS2 CUSH GIA.pdf
    450.5 KB · Views: 20

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Old PS'er Asking For Advice on Engagement Ring - Cushion

Rod, I like the first ring and without seeing the diamonds I would go with the G 1.33 VS1. My choice is based on VVS is extra money and on a cushion i would worry about seeing the flaws in the center of the VS2 diamond. Does WF have pictures of these diamonds online? I would trust WF's evaluation of which one is the best diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, Rod! So nice to see you here!

Gosh, you just can't choose a cushion with a cert alone. You have to have pictures! Honestly, the very safest bet is to look at Good Old Gold's August Vintage Cushions because they have pictures and all kinds of info on the stones. GOG carries the Vatche Grace setting, too. Cushions just vary hugely in appearance so you have to see pictures. If they want a modern cut, GOG can source those as well. They just did a video of 4 modern cushions and only one out of 4 was really good enough to buy.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1322020507|3067349 said:
Hi, Rod! So nice to see you here!

Gosh, you just can't choose a cushion with a cert alone. You have to have pictures! Honestly, the very safest bet is to look at Good Old Gold's August Vintage Cushions because they have pictures and all kinds of info on the stones. GOG carries the Vatche Grace setting, too. Cushions just vary hugely in appearance so you have to see pictures. If they want a modern cut, GOG can source those as well. They just did a video of 4 modern cushions and only one out of 4 was really good enough to buy.

Ditto. You can't buy cushions on numbers and stats alone- you need photos and ASET images tp determine appearance and light performance.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Marcy.....WF is going to bring the stone in house and do sarins, etc., and then we'll have a better idea. It's not see you my friend. I hope you and Marty are well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey there to you too DS. I'll have pics in a few days and will post them when I get them. You're right. You can't choose a stone based on a cert. Thanks my friend. Hope you are well.......

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Amy......I'll post pics as soon as I get them. Thanks again......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod|1322021734|3067382 said:
Thanks Marcy.....WF is going to bring the stone in house and do sarins, etc., and then we'll have a better idea. It's not see you my friend. I hope you and Marty are well!

Rod, we are both doing well. I will write more in the HLT to you. Good idea to get pictures from WF. :wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I would recommend that you have WF bring in some cushion brillants for you to look at. Need a comparison.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Charmy......WF is bringing in the 1.26 and the 1.51. I would have brought in all 3, but my friend has been brainwashed by Tiffany that E color represents "better" color, so he's [hopefully] going to be able to pick from one of the options........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results