shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker I am so HAPPY for you!!!! I am seriously over the moon! You must be so excited for her arrival!!! :love: :love: HUGE HUGS; awww this grandbaby is going to be so loved!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!!

Claire Elizabeth was born at 8:20am eastern time, 8lbs.8oz., 19 inches.

My daughter did very well and amazingly had her naturally!!! I would have bet money that she would have opted for an epidural but she had a great doula who helped her through it (and her hubby, of course). So she is feeling well other than being up all night and the baby is alert and doing great! They opted for no shots in the hospital, which I support.

Okay Freke..your turn now!!!

Picture 002.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, she is absolutely Stunning; my mom was over at my house and my mom thought she was beautiful too (I was excited to share this pic w/my mom)!!! Many congrats and huge hugs :appl: Claire is a doll :love: :love:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
NEL, thanks for the info about the In Style pump. I haven't gotten around to researching anything yet, but I have made a short list of items that my DH and I need to research. I should add some classes to that list. When do people usually start taking those types of classes? Your casual baby "dinner" sounds great - I think we might end up doing that when my sister comes down during Christmas. Can I just say that Katie's room looks ginormous? You have so much room, and I love the dresser!

DS, congrats on the arrival of Claire!!! She is just so adorable and alert! You must be so in love! I'm glad the new practice worked out better for her.

LC, you look great! I don't drink wine, but I totally get what you're saying about your free pass. I get annoyed when people tell me it's okay to eat certain things too. We were also thinking of using my DH's first name as the baby's middle name, if we have a boy. His parents did the same for their first son (my DH's older brother). I think it's a little more subtle than just making him a junior or the third, etc. Which name is your DH's front runner?

Freke, your boss is crazy if she truly thinks you'll have a Christmas baby! I would have given her a crazy look. Sorry that work is nuts for you. Just think - it won't be your problem soon!

MQ, happy anniversary! Sorry about your tire problem. How did Weston's fetal EKG go? (sorry if you already posted earlier and I just missed it)

(17w+5d)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many congrats DS!

Well I just had a visit w/ my OB. I am finally dilated! Only 1cm, but still. He's having me come in on Monday if I haven't gone into labor by then. He said to not try any home remedies, apparently castor oil will give you "raging diarrhea". Fun times. I told him I wouldn't go there. We also talked about inductions and he won't let me get to 42 weeks. He said at 41 weeks he's going to schedule me for an induction, but that of course my body may just do it's thing before then. Keep your damn fingers crossed!

So I'm planning on telling my boss tomorrow that I will have a baby before December 5th whether she likes it or not. That could be an interesting conversation...

Love and hugs to everyone! I'm sorry I'm such a whiny PITA lately!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
DS congratulations!! Your granddaughter is beautiful and she has such a great name!!

Good luck Freke! Don't mean to sound annoying or obvious but it is pretty exciting how close you are!!!!!!! I think babies born around the holidays is the absolute best. Nothing better than spending these happy family moments with a little bundle of joy ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all are all so sweet! Thanks so much for the kind words about our daughter's new baby! It was a long, tiring, but exhilarating day!

We are just very thankful for a safe delivery and very healthy baby! I pray that you will all have the same outcome with your babies!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
pancake|1321072903|3060113 said:
Forgot to say, on a shopping note: a few other things I have been thinking about... considering splurging on a Storksak Elizabeth bag in tan for me (I would use it as a work bag afterwards, or if I ended up not using it as a baby bag). Have bought an Isoki change mat and a little foldable clutch thing (for holding a bottle, wipes, phone, nappies etc), both of which clip onto the stroller handles for quick trips. Thinking about which monitor to buy - think we are going to try and find a secondhand Babysense II monitor - and also wondering about buying a second-hand Medela Swing pump...

Sigh. $$$$$$!!!

Pancake I have the Elizabeth in dove grey and I LOVE IT got it on sale direct and it is great :) just wanted to say if you order directly from the storksak site atm they have a sale if you spend over $250 on any full priced item you also get a free jools nappy bag - also cute :)

Customer service is also really good ;-)

delurking to say congrats to all the new mums as well the pictures are just to precious for words and special dust to Ava what a champ :)

ETA Mimzy apprently clary sage oil will bring on labour - I bought some but was to chicken to try it can only be used after your due date and can also be used in labour to help progression :)

GL

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS she is a beautiful baby! Congrats to all of you - what joy!

I love her name and she looks so perky and alert. What fun you will have with her!

Congratulations again - beautiful, healthy - you are truly blessed!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
S&I: I always get confused about sushi – is it generally the rule that cooked sushi is safe? I had also thought that it might be like eating pre-prepared salads, as the sushi often just sits there for ages? I am missing my cooked tuna wholemeal rice rolls though so I am interested! I am glad your nausea/heartburn has lessened, and I hope it leaves you alone completely soon.

LC: Don't be silly about being round and unattractive. You look great. Keep on rocking that preffo belly! I am so glad you enjoyed your mini-break, it sounds great, especially after your draining work day! Oh, and I wouldn't have any issue with the Evan/Ethan thing. I loved both names and suggested them to DH. He didn't like them, but couldn't explain why!

Mimzy: I assume I can safely say congratulations! I hope you are enjoying lots of mummy – baby cuddles right now. Come back and update us when you have the time! I went to an osteopath a few weeks ago for some pain in my hip/butt/leg and he was great – realigned me and did some stretching/massage. I haven't had any pain since.

Elle: I am so sorry you have had to deal with shingles at this stage of your pregnancy! I am glad it is almost better though. Do you have a better idea of whether you will be able to breastfeed anyway?

NEL: I :love: your nursery, particularly that dresser. That is exactly what I want, to use as a change table as well. Unfortunately the only places I have been able to find dressers that are the right height for changing a baby are at the baby stores and they are not that pretty (and are also really expensive). I would be furious at that client too! I can't remember what kind of work you do? If that was one of my clients I would just tell them to get stuffed (politely of course) but we are expected to control our clients and retain the power in the relationship, so that attitude helps us to do that. How is your DH and your doggy now?

PT: Ava is gorgeous. I am so glad she is progressing well. I hope you will be able to take her home in no time!

Freke: I am so glad you are progressing! I hope your LO arrives as soon as possible.

DS: Congratulations on your little grandchild! Claire is beautiful.

AFM: It has been a big couple of days. I finally told work yesterday! They were really great about it and congratulated me. Things had improved a lot in the last few weeks, but I guess I have to wait and see whether they will change my duties or do anything else like that in the next few weeks. Then, as I had told work, we could finally make the pregnancy 'official' by announcing it on Facebook. LOL. It was fun though to be congratulated by so many people. So mypregnancy is no longer a secret anymore! Yay! I feel so relieved.

Also, yesterday I handed up my take home exam for my property settlement course for my Masters, which means DH and I are both finished studying for the semester. Yay! Yes, both DH and I are working full time and studying part time. Not fun. I'm not going to study next semester though because it will just be too stressful being heavily pregnant for the first half of the semester and having a new bub for the second half.

I also think I am starting to pop out a little bit, finally. I have attached two pics for reference. The first was taken at 16w5days on Sunday, the second was taken on Wednesday evening. So 3 days difference, although the second one was taken in the evening. I have weekly photos from week 11 too, which I might post as a collage if I can get DH to paste them together for me.
Belly_16_weeks_12_11_11.jpg [*][*]
popping_out_photo_16_11_11.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1321474199|3063094 said:
Thanks everyone!!!

Claire Elizabeth was born at 8:20am eastern time, 8lbs.8oz., 19 inches.

My daughter did very well and amazingly had her naturally!!! I would have bet money that she would have opted for an epidural but she had a great doula who helped her through it (and her hubby, of course). So she is feeling well other than being up all night and the baby is alert and doing great! They opted for no shots in the hospital, which I support.

Okay Freke..your turn now!!!

How exciting DS!!! Congratulations to you and your entire family. I am glad mother and baby are doing well.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats DS and family!! :appl: :appl: Claire is absolutely beautiful!! She does look so alert for a newborn!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations DS. Claire Elizabeth is adorable. Sounds like your daughter did great!!!! What a happy time this must be!!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats DS!!! She is GORGEOUS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you my dear PS friends!!! I appreciate your sharing in our joy! Baby Claire came home from the hospital today! They were doing really well so they were able to go home. Here is a picture from today!

IMG_2669B.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DS your granddaughter is PERFECT! :love: What an angel! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DS, Claire is beautiful!! Congrats to your daughter and I'm so glad she gets to go home today!

MQ, everything can be blamed on pregnancy, including hitting curbs. I can't tell you how many stupid things I've done over the past several months. Sorry to hear about your tire, though, hopefully it was fixed quickly! And don't sweat not having anything done in the nursery--it will all come together quickly when you have time. Byron is doing okay--we were fighting an infection last week, but he's stable now. I'm so excited for your aunt and uncle--the only thing better than one newf is two :)

S&I, in terms of the classes, the parenting center I'm using says to take the breastfeeding, infant care and infant CPR classes in the 5th or 6th month of pregnancy, but I don't see anything wrong with doing it later. I think I'll technically be closer to 7 months when I take mine. And the only reason I'm not doing it even later is because the childbirth class is taking up a couple of weekends when I'm closer to 8 months. Anyway, you have lots of time, no need to worry about all of this now! You can get through the holidays first!

Freke! Yay for being dilated! No pun intended, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! How are you feeling? Are you home on Fridays now, or still only taking off the days you go to the doc? I'm hoping you're home now! How did the conversation go with your boss?

Bobbin, you are looking fabulous and I'm so glad you were finally able to tell your coworkers. Isn't it much more fun when everybody knows as opposed to trying to hide it? And yay for you and DH being done with the semester...that must feel like a load off of your shoulders! As for the furniture, I had a tough time finding a dresser at the height I wanted for a changing table, too, which is why I decided to do the smaller antique bureau on the other side of the room. You'll figure it all out and it will look fabulous! By the way, I'm an analyst for an ad agency, so I basically tell our clients what impact their campaigns are having on their business and how to improve them.

AFM, I'm SO GLAD it's Friday. Lots of long hours this week and I'm sick--I think I only got a few hours of sleep last night due to my congestion, Katie kicking me all night and D snoring like crazy. I have a client presentation this afternoon and am hoping to leave early once it's over.

Not making much headway in the childcare department--I called our top 5 last weekend, but have not gotten any response, which makes me nervous.

Here is my 25 week pic. D insisted on being in the picture even though I told him I was posting it online. I think he thought I was joking, but I'm not!

25 weeks side2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh DS I am late to your news -

CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter, hubby, and to you - Claire is beautiful!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, DS!!!! I'm so glad all went well. Baby Claire is gorgeous (and I see ALOT of babies- lol)!!! Enjoy her!!! :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1321628767|3064422 said:
Freke! Yay for being dilated! No pun intended, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! How are you feeling? Are you home on Fridays now, or still only taking off the days you go to the doc? I'm hoping you're home now! How did the conversation go with your boss?
I'm ok. Been having some real contractions, but nothing major or regular yet. I told my boss on Thursday that I'd have a 9am appointment on Monday and I didn't know if I'd be in after that. So she had me clear out my "to do list" (which I didn't, I had to delegate a bit) and until baby comes, I'm going to be going back to doing only what I was originally hired to do (financial stuff) and will be an "as available" employee. That is, if I don't go into labor before then. She wasn't exactly thrilled about it, but what can you do? I'm certainly not in control!

No matter what, I'll still be at work if I'm not being Mommy yet. D thinks I'd go stir crazy/get cabin fever if I was home all of the time. He's right.

So we're just hanging out waiting for something (ANYTHING!) to happen. I think we're going to go see Breaking Dawn Part 1 this afternoon to kill some time and take our minds off things.

One thing I will say, is that people asking me "Is the baby here yet?!" IS GETTING REALLY BLEEPING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEL - you guys look freaking adorable!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I'm with you, I think I'd go stir crazy if I were sitting at home waiting for the baby to come. My plan is to work until I'm a Mommy too. We'll see how it goes. I'm glad you're easing up a bit, and despite your boss not being too thrilled, "seriously WTF do you expect me to do lady???"

NEL, you guys are super cute. You totally inspired me to do some research and calling for day cares. I called up 4 places, now I just need to talk to DH about taking a day off and touring them. Sounds like you had a CRAZY week, starting from Sunday even! So I hope this weekend is totally about R&R for you. You definitely deserve it!

Bobbin, wow you look fantastic! Awesome about coming out at work and for them being not weird about it. I'm glad things are going OK for you and perhaps people were just going through a grumpy phase. Sounds like that's all behind you. You go, girl! I told you you're a rock star ;)) Hooray for being done for the semester. TOTALLY hear you on not piling too much on your plate.

S&I, DH won't say if he has a front runner. I straight out told him I like Ethan the best, so at least he knows where my preferences lie.

MQ, Happy anniversary! I'm glad you had a good appointment with Weston. :) So cute he had the hiccups. My baby is pretty lazy, he hardly moves around at all. So it took DH a whiiiiiile to finally feel him because DH wasn't patient enough to just sit around waiting with his hand on my tummy. But just yesterday he FINALLY felt him kick and he thought it was really cool. I hope your DH will feel Weston soon. Sounds like you've got yourself a little athlete in there by the amount he moves ;)) I've done nothing for the nursery either, so you're in good company. Or maybe we're just both bad company. Ha ha!!! We need NEL to whip us both into shape.

I'll post a Belly pic when I get home tomorrow. It's on my other computer.

~LC (26wks, 2D)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Sharon, NEL, Yssie, Dani, and anyone else I missed!

NEL..love that picture...so cute!

Freke...hang in there! It probably won't be long! My daughter worked the day she went into labor (late that night), and I do think it helped to pass the time! She was having a lot of random contractions those last couple of weeks, and was uncertain which ones were real. But when the real ones started, she knew they were different! Hopefully your wait will be short! Hoping for a great delivery for you!

LC...so sweet that your hubby finally felt the baby move! That is such an exciting time!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to everyone!!! I'm anxiously waiting for news about Liz and her angel to arrive.

Lori

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lori, we're all waiting for Freke's updates! She's got a regular following :bigsmile:

Also posting my 26 wk belly pic.

LC_26wks.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:

Thank you all so much for the well wishes and good vibes :) We just put our little girl down and I'm actually feeling alert enough to recap how everything went :)

I was scheduled to go in at 9:30 on Sunday night, but around 4 I started having some strange pain in my abdomen - I hadn't had contractions up until then so I didn't know what to expect, but the pain was lasting for 20-30 minutes....which seemed pretty long for contractions, haha. I ended up calling the doctor and she said that I could just go in early, so we headed in around 6:30. They hooked me up in the birthing suite and it turned out I was just having cramps on top of contractions, which her about 4 minutes apart, lasting for about a minute. Baby was also at 0, so that was good (even though it made checks more difficult I guess). They were going to do cytotec (sp?), but after some discussion we went with the cervadil because of the regular contractions. The nursing staff seemed to think it would go really smoothly since I was already in labor, so that was encouraging. They inserted the cervadil around 10, which was honestly one of the most painful things that I've been through - I was still 'high and closed', and they could hardly reach it. They gave me an ambien to sleep, so the night went by pretty uneventfully. When they checked me in the morning there had been no progress, and they started the pitocin around then. My parents (all four of them) showed up and just sort of hung out with us, which was a little stressful. I felt bad because even though I was 'in labor', it wasn't so intense that I couldn't walk around and visit. Around 4 the nurse told me that today was likely a "practice day" and that we'd likely stop the pitocin and start the whole thing again that night. Needless to say, I was pretty devestated, especially since my dad had come up for the day and he had to be on an 8am flight the next morning across the state. They checked me again at 5:30ish and I had dialated to 2-3, so they decided to break my water! I was nervous but excited that even though she might not come that day, that the whole induction wasn't a total bust.

During the last check I got the adrenaline shakes really bad, so I accepted the staydol before they broke my water and I am SO glad that I did, as it was pretty invasive and I'm not sure I would have handled it well. After they did that the contractions came pretty fast and furious, and I was vomiting a bit. The hour or so between the water broke and I got my epidural was pretty awful, especially when they were inserting the epidural since Stefan had to be on the other side of the room. After the epi kicked in I was at 5cm, and all the doctors and nurses left. We turned down the lights and Stefan and I had an hour to ourselves, enjoying our last hour or so of just being husband and wife. It was honestly one of the most peaceful, memorable hours of my life. The nurse came in an hour later and said I was at 10 and ready to push. We did a couple practice ones, my OB arrived and 25 minutes later Matilda Christine was on my belly getting cleaned up. They did all the necessary checks on her while we were having some skin to skin time, which was a good half hour. Unfortunately by the time she had arrived the epi had worn off and I felt everything in terms of repairing down there...which was significant as she weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 1 oz. Ouch. I ended up getting sick again pretty soon after deliver, and felt pretty out of it when we invited our family in to see her. I lost 40-50% more blood than normal, so I was pretty shaky well into the next day.

Our stay in the hospital was wonderful, we had amazing nurses and felt pretty prepared by the time we went home on Wednesday. Stefan is absolutely amazing with her, I am so impressed with how natural this is all coming to him. He's been a total rockstar in terms of taking care of her (I just changed my first diaper today when he was at work :razz:) I am still feeling very sore and having episodes of just feeling weak, but every day is getting better. We've had two nurses out to the house and her check up at the pedi last Friday, and everything looks great (almost back to her birth weight already!) She is sleeping 5-6 hours at night already, which the doctor said was okay since her weight looked so good and she was eating so much during the day. I have no idea if she'll keep it up, but for now we'll take what we can get! My mom just came in town for the week, which is great also.

If you made it through that, congratulations :razz: I'll be back tomorrow to rejoin the conversation, but for now, it's bedtime! Also, I have completely forgotten how to post a picture, so if someone wants to refresh my memory I'll get one or two up of her sweet, chubby little face :razz:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, congrats Mimzy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see her picture!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy, congratulations! Thanks for sharing your how your precious Madeleine was born. You must post pictures. If you scroll down past the reply box, there's a tab that says, "Upload attachment". You post pictures that way. Wow! 10lbs!! :-o :errrr: That's a BIG BABY!!! I can't believe that!!! I hope your recovery is smooth and easy.

How's everyone else doing today? I had the weirdest sensation after work. My whole abdomen felt really tight/distended. Almost like it was full of gas or I ate WAAAAAY too much or something. I felt SOOO uncomfortable. It went away eventually after I had something to drink, but it wasn't pleasant. Hopefully it'll be the end of it, but I'm not sure if that's what BH contractions feel like.

Tomorrow Sis and I are headed to the Opera!!! Woo hoo! I can't wait! I'll take the pup to day care during the day, and sis said she'll pick her up. We'll meet downtown for dinner then head to the show. :)

~LC (26wks, 4days)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LC, sounds like a BH to me.

Congrats Mimzy!

I've had a $#!+ day. No kid yet.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1321588007|3064201 said:
Thank you my dear PS friends!!! I appreciate your sharing in our joy! Baby Claire came home from the hospital today! They were doing really well so they were able to go home. Here is a picture from today!

DS she is gorgeous. Tell your daughter to savour these early days, they just go by so fast! Next thing you know you have a six month old. And then a 30 year old!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy, thank you for checking in and congratulations! I'm so sorry to hear about your blood loss, but am glad that everybody seems to be doing well now (especially Madeline!). I'm also glad that you progressed fairly quickly on that second evening so your father was able to be there for the L&D.

Freke, I've been thinking about you a ton lately. Sorry things are &$#&tty right now, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that you go into labor soon. It has to be soon!!

LC, sounds like BH contractions to me--I've had a similar feeling, but still am not quite sure if it was a BH.

AFM, gestational diabetes test is tomorrow. I sort of wish I'd waited until AFTER T'giving to have it done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results