shape
carat
color
clarity

Profile of this setting?

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Hi kids!
I found this pic via a google search and likewise hunted down the facebook vid that Jon shot, too. I know I have seen this ring other places as well, but can't remember where. I was wondering if any of you wise pricescopers have seen more shots of this ring that I can't find? Preferably a profile shot? I think I would like something similar for my .70 RB down the road, but would love to see what the original profile looked like. I think it is a vintage setting. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated!
Here is the video if anyone wants to see it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2135994249736

Screen%20shot%202011-10-11%20at%2011_48_37%20PM.png

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Oh and I wanted to ask Gypsy (because I know this type of setting is right up your alley) if you have any thoughts on the profile of this ring or suggestions on how to have the profile made? Even though I don't post all that often, I always enjoy your posts so I thought I would ask you directly for this one! :wink2: I really love open profiles that allow a wedder to sit flush (see pic for example) but I am thinking that would be too modern for this setting...I dunno? I would either have SK or VC make it for me. Of course, I would love to hear anyone else's opnions too!

dsc_0007142.jpg

SCDP

Rough_Rock
Boogins|1320712397|3056459 said:
Hi kids!
I found this pic via a google search and likewise hunted down the facebook vid that Jon shot, too. I know I have seen this ring other places as well, but can't remember where. I was wondering if any of you wise pricescopers have seen more shots of this ring that I can't find? Preferably a profile shot? I think I would like something similar for my .70 RB down the road, but would love to see what the original profile looked like. I think it is a vintage setting. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated!
Here is the video if anyone wants to see it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2135994249736

Hi Boogins,

I think this is the setting posted by mojomama4 in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/total-newbie-cushion-advice.167462/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/total-newbie-cushion-advice.167462/[/URL]
It's in the second video that she posts. Maybe she can give you some more info on the setting. I only know this because one of the AVCs in her videos is the one I saw when I went to GOG on Friday!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Thanks sterling! I can't believe I missed her in that thread! Guess I didn't read it too closely...:) Anyone know how to change the title of a thread?

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Anyone care to suggest a profile for this setting with a .70 round? What do you think of the open profile example I attached up above? Too modern for this setting? I love it in theory....just wish it had a little something else to kind of "match" the vintage vibe of the setting. I would love to hear what everyone thinks!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Boogins|1320712397|3056459 said:
Hi kids!

That setting looks like a Single Stone setting HAve you looked there??

They may be able to give you a profile shot

:bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting, too! It's not sold through any PS vendor unfortunately, mojomama already owned it.

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Hi lovemybling!
I have looked at singlestone. This setting is actually a 1930s setting that someone posted a while back. But so far they haven't returned with more images so I am trying to figure it out on my own. :)
This setting change would still be about a year from now, but I like to be prepared ahead of time....so I can change my mind a bazillion times from now until the. hehe
I think VC would be my first choice for the reset, and I plan to ask his opinion when I get to that point, but I don't want to waste his time until I am ready to go for it. But you bring up a good point, Ari would be another great option for this setting, and he is all about vintage settings to he might have some good suggestions for the profile as well.
Profiles are so important to me because that is the view I will see most of the time, and I am definitely the type who wears my diamonds for my sole enjoyment! Plus, the current setting for my diamond is really congested and I think it obstructs too much of my "side view," so that is why I am all about more open side profiles. Anywho, thanks for the suggestion!
Anyone else have some thoughts? I would like to hear them even if you don't like the profile pic I posted! I won't be offended. :wink2:

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Hi Laila!
Thanks I love it too! I have been trying to summon mamamojo over on smtb, with no luck so far. ;( But hopefully she will return! Your three stone ring is TDF, by the way! :naughty:

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Bump. :) Gypsy, if you are out there, I would love to hear your opinion!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boogins|1320715322|3056492 said:
Oh and I wanted to ask Gypsy (because I know this type of setting is right up your alley) if you have any thoughts on the profile of this ring or suggestions on how to have the profile made? Even though I don't post all that often, I always enjoy your posts so I thought I would ask you directly for this one! :wink2: I really love open profiles that allow a wedder to sit flush (see pic for example) but I am thinking that would be too modern for this setting...I dunno? I would either have SK or VC make it for me. Of course, I would love to hear anyone else's opnions too!

Oh my goodness I didn't even see the call out the other day when I opened the thread, I'm so sorry. It's perfect timing though that I just saw the new Victor and the first thing I thought of was this thread.

Thank you so much you've made my day!

Let me see what I think... I like that it will allow a flush fit band (which is your priority). I really do and I think the concept is very smart as it provides support and also has design interest. I agree with you that something a little softer and curvier-- less modern-- with those wires would suit the lines of the setting more.

Okay so here are my thoughts on the profile.

Phoenix's ring is BIG so there is a LOT of real estate there to work with for the profile. The reason I suggested this style to her is because for her the 1.5 carat cushion was a smaller diamond and she likes size.

So I think a 70 point center is the PERFECT choice for this kind of setting for a non-Pheonix person. 8) I think the way the baguettes are set in this setting E/W (as opposed to N/S french cuts in Pheonix's) is perfect for your size stone as well. And just as a personal choice, I prefer the baguettes over french cuts.

I would get a full quote including melee size recommendations and projected carat total weight and ask for a SKETCH from each of the two vendors for their proposals for the profile. Tell each of them that you are requesting this from the other, and that you will decide between the two sketches and quotes for the final selection.

And I would ask for them to include the elements most important to you in the sketch.

A profile that allows a flush fit band is non-negotiable so make that clear. Steven has worked on my setting so it should be easy for him to get what you want send him your picture or even one of my profile to jog him memory, and Victor will be fine if you send him a pic as an example of a flush fit profile.

If it were me, I would ask that the halo be tilted at an angle... I'll show you what I mean by this: https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/3ringsfinger1_0.jpg If you look at the Victor setting it is slightly tilted so from the profile you still see the top of the halo. If you look at the Leon setting you will see that there is no tilt so you see the metal lip of the setting fully. The inspiration ring (the one from the GOG photos) is a true antique piece, and since yours will be an "inspired by" this is a change I would suggest as I think it would make the profile view more appealing.

I would also ask for something with strong deco lines and details, maybe some engraving (just in the gallery-- just for you to know about) or some milgrain in there. IF you like those details. If you don't... skip them.

I've never seen Steven's engraving but I am not an engraving person at all and I like Victor's.

Once you have the profile sketches you can decide how to proceed. If you are still undecided on which vendor is right for you, give each a call and talk to them. Whichever you get a better "gut" feeling about, I would go with that person!

Just a little note: I wouldn't post either vendor's sketches anywhere until you make sure to check with them to see if it is okay. It is their Intellectual Property and so they may have an opinion on the issue. If they do, and I expect they will, just respect it. I am sure both will be beautiful and if you are REALLY that undecided, then talking to the vendors and getting a feel for them should help you make a choice.

:wavey: I'm excited for this project! I think that it's going to be beautiful and I can't wait to see the final product!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Wow Gypsy your post was so full of information! Thank you for giving me your thoughts. :)
I totally agree with you about the slightly angled halo, will definitely request that! You have certainly given me a lot to think about!
I wish I could just go ahead with the reset right now...but we are in the middle of remodeling our house and I recently quit work to be a stay at home momma, so it will prob be next year before this new setting happens. BUT I have searched for 3 years for a setting that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like this one does, so that at least is progress! Even though it is going to be a while before I can go ahead with the reset, just having found THE design makes me feel so...settled. :tongue: Makes it easier to be patient.
BTW, I can't wait to see how your new RHR turns out! It is going to be gorgeous!
And Pheonix's new ring is TDF! I love the rose cuts too.....definitely romantic! I think I might ask VC or SK what they think of those for my halo when the time comes. :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to save up for my re-set too, and it was DEFINITELY worth it!!! Anticipation makes it all that much sweeter! When you are ready, I hope you'll jog my memory because I really would love to see the final product.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results