shape
carat
color
clarity

When to send out Holiday Cards?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
If you send Christmas / Holiday cards in the mail, when do you typically send them out?

I had photo cards made for the first time for DH and I (it feels so grown up! ;-) ) and I'm wondering when I should start sending them out.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I send them out with the second-last mail that will get them to arrive before Christmas. I don't like receiving them earlier than that, because I prefer not to have Christmas stuff around until maybe the middle of December. Most people here don't decorate until at least early December, and traditionally, you put the Christmas tree up on Christmas Eve.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't thought of that, that people don't want Christmas "stuff" lying around well before it's time to decorate.

Here we put up the tree a bit earlier than Christmas Eve, maybe 3-5 days before. That's because Christmas Eve is the "actual" Christmas here.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really bad about sending out cards, but when I do, it's typically about 2 weeks before Christmas.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mscushion|1320656063|3055937 said:
I hadn't thought of that, that people don't want Christmas "stuff" lying around well before it's time to decorate.

Here we put up the tree a bit earlier than Christmas Eve, maybe 3-5 days before. That's because Christmas Eve is the "actual" Christmas here.
Where are you?

DH and I have this discussion every year - I like stuff up a week or so before Christmas, and that spoils it for him, apparently. :roll:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I tend to start addressing them the weekend following Thanksgiving and send them out around December 1.

But usually Round 2 doesn't go out until mid-December because I inevitably miscalculate the number of cards we'll need and I'm slow to pick up a new pack.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think any time after Dec. 1 is fine.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1320670580|3055988 said:

That is when I do it!

Yay for the 1st year as a married couple! I am excited because this is my first year as a momma to twin boys so I am looking forward to doing one of those photo cards. :bigsmile:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1320672850|3056013 said:

That is when I do it!

Yay for the 1st year as a married couple! I am excited because this is my first year as a momma to twin boys so I am looking forward to doing one of those photo cards. :bigsmile:

Skippy I just have to say that your new avatar is just the cutest thing ever!!! I'll bet you are looking forward to sending photo cards of your beautiful twins.

I agree that anytime in December is fine as long as they arrive before Christmas. It annoys me when people can't get them there before the holiday. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between December 1 and a couple of days before the postal service's deadline for Christmas delivery.

Sooner rather than later because it's so easy to procrastinate on this task when there are so many other holiday and end of year related things going on in addition to regular life things.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1320666144|3055961 said:
mscushion|1320656063|3055937 said:
Where are you? DH and I have this discussion every year - I like stuff up a week or so before Christmas, and that spoils it for him, apparently. :roll:
I'm living in Germany now. A Christmas tree is so pretty, I want to enjoy it as long as I can!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1320672850|3056013 said:
I love cards with babies on them! :appl: (Who doesn't...)

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
We have relatives living in the UK so I like to send out cards in the first week of December so that they can get the card before Christmas. I have been knitting the Christmas sweaters for our kids to wear for the photo shoot every year, and this year I'm very behind on the knitting. This site is totally to blame. :tongue:

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
We sent ours on Dec 1st.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I put mine in the mailbox the day before Thanksgiving so they arrive the day after Turkey day. First Christmas card of the season ...boooya!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don't send out holiday cards ourselves, but we start receiving them in early December.

We're not scrooges, don't worry! We just don't celebrate Christmas. I wish we did! I'm putting up a small tree in my office this year. Nobody can stop me!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on when we get our Christmas cards ready every year. O/w, I'd usually say in the beginning of December b/c you want to beat the Christmas rush!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between December 1st and the New Year. I will probably have mine ready to mail in a few weeks.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1320695988|3056257 said:
We don't send out holiday cards ourselves, but we start receiving them in early December.

We're not scrooges, don't worry! We just don't celebrate Christmas. I wish we did! I'm putting up a small tree in my office this year. Nobody can stop me!
I should probably start a new thread but...do you mind getting Christmas cards?

Ordinarily I buy both Christmas cards and generic seasonal holiday cards, but this year I made photo cards that say "Merry Christmas" and I don't whether to send them to my Jewish friends or just purchase a box of generic seasonal holiday cards.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I think we send 'em out first two weeks of Dec... I think... I'm not in charge of that :D

I do know that our christmas trees (yes plural) will more than likely be up the day after thanksgiving :bigsmile:

makemepretty|1320695818|3056250 said:
I put mine in the mailbox the day before Thanksgiving so they arrive the day after Turkey day. First Christmas card of the season ...boooya!
:lol: :appl:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love sending and receiving holiday greetings! I try to get going on them right after thanksgiving but am a bit of a procrastinator so sometimes it is the last week before christmas. I already made my lables for the evelopes this year so I am a bit ahead of myself for once! :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sending mine out early this year. Around the first week of Dec., and this year I'm sending less than half of what I use to. Also, I'm debating including photos of the kids. The only person who ever displays the photos is my MIL (I give her framed photos every year). I think everyone else just sticks them in a drawer and school photos are just too expensive these days to be sending everyone 3' X 5's and the wallets are pointless, sooooo...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results