shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I buy AAA grade Citrine Stones?

sacha03

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me - I've fallen in love with the Tiffany & Co. Citrine Sparklers, I'm hoping to source the stones and get them custom made.

I've been scouring the internet looking for AAA grade antique checkerboard citrine (9mm) but I am not having much luck!

Can anyone please suggest a supplier, who stocks high grade/quality stones and will ship to Western Australia?!

Quality is super important to me - I did buy a pair of very similar earrings online, but the quality of the citrine was sub-par, (colour was not a deep orange and I was disappointed in the cut/sparkle...)

Help help!

Thank you :)

Rebecca

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
First of all forget the term AAA - it means nothing and what one vendor calls an AAA another may well think is a ZZZ.

Citrine rough isn't hard to find, comes in big pieces and is also pretty cheap (99% of it is heated amethyst) so if you want a particular shape and size and the cutting is very important to you then you might be best to contact a cutter and have the stones made for you.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were you, I'd contact Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems - he's in Australia and is an excellent cutter who regularly cuts citrine - I linked to his yellow color chart (http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_ColourChart_Yellow.php) and to my eye and computer monitor, it looks like the "Rio Grande" citrine most closely resembles the color of the Tiffany citrine... Email Doug and send along a link to those earrings (http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=24032922) so he knows exactly what you have in mind, and hopefully he has the rough to make a matched pair for you. Good luck with your project!

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You should get some photos of citrines with the right colour, and use that as a guideline for suppliers. Citrine has lots of variations, and AAA doesn't mean much, really.

Especially if you're shipping to Oz, getting things as right as possible the first time is a good idea!

Cheers,
Lisa
www.lisaelser.com

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the Doug from Bespoke Gems recommendation - fabulous to work with and top quality stones too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1320668451|3055970 said:
First of all forget the term AAA - it means nothing and what one vendor calls an AAA another may well think is a ZZZ.

Citrine rough isn't hard to find, comes in big pieces and is also pretty cheap (99% of it is heated amethyst) so if you want a particular shape and size and the cutting is very important to you then you might be best to contact a cutter and have the stones made for you.

Ditto everything Pandora posted. There is no consistent grading for A, AA, AAA and the like. This will vary from vendor to vendor. Also, citrine is easily found in large sizes and various hues that is generally inexpensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results