shape
carat
color
clarity

What band to go with my scatter diamond ering?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This isn't a colored stone topic, but you are my people, so here goes...I have the ering reset below which is a Whiteflash setting modified by Quest. I have it paired with a plain 3 mm YG band, and I don't like the way it looks because I just see a lot of metal and I feel like the design of the ering gets lost.

Do you think it would look good with a 2 mm YG eternity ring? (I do not like the matching band from Whiteflash). Any suggestions on what style of eternity ring? Any other bands you might recommend?

I think part of my issue is that I just don't like YG but my original wedding band is the 3mm YG band shown below, and for sentimental reasons my husband wanted to keep the reset in YG. I feel a little frustrated.

DSCN1902_crop.jpg

DSCN1909crop.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm....is it important for you to have the band heights and/or widths match?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok well I think you have two issues:-

1. Seeing too much metal
2. Seeing the yellow gold

So, the only thing I can think of is to have a yellow gold pave domed band but not have any scatter - so have full half round pave. Imagine the top of your band near the head of the ring and replicate that but right down on either side of your fingers. If it's full domed pave, you won't see the metal or the yellow gold. If it's the same height/dimensions as the ring I think the two will look really good together - the only issue is that you'll have pave rubbing against pave so you may need to get the jeweller to think outside the box and dome the ring to avoid that as much as possible.

EDIT: Is your hubby concerned that you want to change the ring OR the metal colour? If it's the ring, then you could keep the ring but have it rhodium plated. I know it's temporary and you'd need to have it done regularly but at least it would look white instead of the yellow you're unsure about.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Bella, if the ring height and width is equal or less, that is okay. I think one of the things I don't like about the pair is that the wedding band is thicker than the ering. I always like it when they are equal, or the wedding band is thinner. (A rare exception it is a plain solitaire paired with a decorative band, which I like, but would not apply here.)

LD, thanks for your suggestions! I like the idea of an all diamond band. I think you are describing something similar to Tiffany's Etoile 3-row band, which I love, and is in a collection with scattered diamond settings. I have considered rhodium plating, but am concerned about 1) how frequently I would have to replate and 2) if I could remove the rhodium completely if I did not like it.

Has anyone had experience completely removing rhodium plating?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results