shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you really like your job?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Person24|1320007121|3050542 said:
I often wonder whether it is worse to have a job you love/like that doesn't pay that well or have a job you hate/dislike and make tons of money. Maybe the extra money compensates for not liking the job . . . ? :confused:

I'd much rather have a job I liked or loved than one I stayed with just for the money. Money isn't everything. Considering how many hours you spend at work during the week, I think it's better to like what you're doing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I often wonder whether it is worse to have a job you love/like that doesn't pay that well or have a job you hate/dislike and make tons of money. Maybe the extra money compensates for not liking the job . . . ? :confused:

To some extent I think it does.

I know the more I am earning the better I can deal with extra work and stress. I need to feel like I am not being taken advantage of and that I am being appreciated (that is, compensated monetarily) for the work I am doing to at least some extent.

However, I for one, did not go into my field/career to become rich because if that were the case I chose the wrong career. I knew what I was getting into though I will say I do not feel my chosen career is fairly compensated for all the education and years I have put into learning this field. I do feel very satisfied with what I do and for me that is knowing I am making a difference. So overall I am pleased with my career. However, I do not feel that I am earning as much as I should be for what I am doing. My guess is that some/many of you might feel the same way.

ETA: I know I could not be miserable at a career no matter how much money I was earning. Quality of life has much more to do with how much you are enjoying your chosen profession than how much $$$ you are earning. As long as you are earning enough to live comfortably and this issue of course is very subjective and will vary.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1320062154|3050911 said:

To some extent I think it does.

I know the more I am earning the better I can deal with extra work and stress. I need to feel like I am not being taken advantage of and that I am being appreciated (that is, compensated monetarily) for the work I am doing to at least some extent.

However, I for one, did not go into my field/career to become rich because if that were the case I chose the wrong career. I knew what I was getting into though I will say I do not feel my chosen career is fairly compensated for all the education and years I have put into learning this field. I do feel very satisfied with what I do and for me that is knowing I am making a difference. So overall I am pleased with my career. However, I do not feel that I am earning as much as I should be for what I am doing. My guess is that some/many of you might feel the same way.
Definitely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results