shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique Oval and Singlestone Setting=Perfection!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Gammygam, thing2of2, MrsM and LGK...Ari certainly did outdo himself! The ring is beyond my imagination!

Tyty, one of my fav parts of the ring is the fleur de lis thing too! Swingirl, with all of the breathtaking rings on PS, I'm humbled that mine has become one of your faves, thank you!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
yenny its beautiful!! I love love the gallery on your ring, the swirls are so delicate and graceful. :love:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Wow yenny, my heart stopped when I saw your avatar, I was like yay she did it! Yenny congrats wear it in good health. I've mentioned before this is the setting that I lust for lol. I had suggested it back when, you were afraid it may have taken away from your stone, on the contrary it compliments it beautifuly it truley showcases it . congrats again and pleeeeeeeeeeeeease oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease lots and lots of hand shots.

vsc

Shiny_Rock
OMG Yenny I just saw your avatar being changed and had to come take a closer look... Your oval is quite possibly the most beautiful stone I have ever seen! Its cut is just amazing.

And you've found the perfect setting for it. Absolutely beautiful. Love, love, love how it looks like a real antique. Your stone just seems to belong there.

I cannot wait to see more pictures of it (or even, a video... :naughty: I would love to see how this baby plays with light!)! Wear it in good health!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Gawd!

It's like... stupendous. I don't usually like fussy settings but honey, your stone stands up for itself and isn't overwhelmed AT ALL. It's flipping wow, wonderful.

Just a fabulous outcome. E VS on that stunner too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is simply GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love: I'm so happy for you, Yenny!! :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny, words fail me!!!

It is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I wish you great health and happiness to wear this ring!!!
:wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks mrswilliamson, susimoo, and phoenix!

Cluless, yes, this is "your" setting. I was afraid to go for something so ornate, but am so glad that I did!

Gypsy, I'm so glad that you like the setting and more importantly, that you still think the stone is the star. That was my main goal and I'm pretty happy with the results!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Yenny.....your ring has to be one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. Your stone is TDF and the setting is perfection. They are a perfect balance -- each one letting the beauty of the other shine. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see more pictures. This has been a long journey for you but definitely worth it, especially with this new beauty waiting at the end of the road. Congratulations!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Yenny, it's beyond EXQUISITE! I can't wait to see many, many, many more photos! congrats!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Love, LOVE, L.O.V.E! :love: :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one INCREDIBLE ring, Yenny!!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: Wow, that setting is extremely complimentary to your stone! I just cannot wait to see handshots! There is a Singlestone setting that I want, and it is encouraging to see such intricate work. I will be interested to hear your comments on workmanship once you can see it in person. It really is gorgeous!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!!!! Just WOW! What an incredibly beautiful ring! That stone is to die for and that setting goes perfectly with it. Congrats!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Swoon! Ari did right by you, yenny -- the setting and stone balance each other perfectly. So very, very, lovely. :appl: :love: :appl:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see more pictures!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks farleysmom, ganesha, kribbie, stargurl, lula and herekittykitty! I am waiting on pins and needles to receive the ring and will be sure to post tons of photos asap!

Diamondseeker2006, I have had this exact setting in my hands (set with an OEC) for a few days, as well as a couple of pairs of earrings that Ari sent me. I can tell you that his work is exquisite. I can't compare it to LM, SK or VC, as I haven't seen any of their pieces in person, but the ring and earrings were top quality. I honestly don't have enough descriptive words to describe the "delicateness" of Ari's work. The balance and proportions were perfect. I think if you want an antique style, detailed ring, SS is the way to go.

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Wowza that is gorgeous! I have been following your posts since you first posted that AMAZING stone. It is really spectacular! I was wondering if you would post the pics of the first setting just for fun? I would love to see what other ideas Ari came up with....he clearly knows his stuff! BTW, I think this setting is absolute perfection. :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Boogins! I was wondering if someone would ask about the original setting. :cheeky: Here it is....while it's pretty, it just wasn't right (for me).

eringandwb.jpg

bezel%20side%20view.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire, you made the right choice!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks brightice! I think so too!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Your diamond is just incredible :love: You must have died and gone to antique heaven!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely breathtaking Yenny!!! :love: :love: :love:
Wear in good health and happiness!! I am sure you will be in love with this gorgeous ring forever!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It's a gorgeous ring! Really, just absolutely stunning. And if your friends make cracks about it being too big, just tell them to p*ss off.

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Oh Yenny, this stone and setting is beyond perfection! You found the perfect home for your incredible stone! I have never seen another antique oval and cannot get over how beautiful (and huge!) this stone is. What great finger coverage! And the setting is spectacular. Two of my friends have engagement rings from Ari and I know exactly what you mean in terms of his work being delicate. Their settings, like yours, are incredibly intricate, unique, and stunning. All while being quite dainty. Please, please, please overload us with hand shots and a video (if possible) would be fantastic. Congratulations!! Wear this beauty in good health!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is pretty remarkable! I am glad you're happy with this ring!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks LittleRiver, Missy and Ame!

Kismet, if anyone IRL makes comments about my ring I will definitely put them in their place! :angryfire: I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to say, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

LittleSparkle, I will try to take a video, though I've never done one and it's probably pushing my tecnhical skills, but I'll do my best!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the MOST beautiful ring I have EVER seen!!! Wow. I am speechless! :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous detailing Yenny!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I sat here staring at it so long cooing like a baby that my eyes dried out. It's too pretty and needs to be heavily insured against the damage it can do to the eyes of gawking bling whores such as myself. :sun:

Huge congratulations Yenny. I think it ranks high on the list of all-time great PS pieces.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful Yenny! Looking forward to handshots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results