clarity

First CADs are in...opinions please! :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Group Hug. Good job team :appl: :appl:

Punto

Rough_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1316366007|3020170 said:
Punto - I'm from the UK too and there are places that you can get CADs and settings made. I've used the same people for years to make settings for me. If you search under my name for Chamelon diamond, they made that setting and also for my brownish/yellow Asscher - so you can see first hand their work. They never rush me and I get to put through as many changes as I want - albeit all on CAD and not with a wax.

Ok - onto your dilema - TAKE YOUR TIME and tell the NOT to rush you. This IS a difficult process and you want to get it right. I suspect the crown is larger because they can't reproduce exactly a designer's ring. Having said that, I think Charmy's suggestion of a round surprise bezel set diamond would be much more sympathetic with the overall design. Again though, take your time. Ask them to do a CAD of that with the concave arms and see how you feel then. CADs do look bulky and their wax does show that when finished it will be about the same as the one you like so I wouldn't panic too much.

Thanks for the comfort! :) I'm actually planning on proposing in NYC, so thought I'd pick up the ring whilst I was there and take advantage of the relatively decent exchange rate (saves about £1000 even taking into account duty/tax) - I literally went with GOG for the setting because I'm getting the diamond from them. Jonathan was brilliant when it came to picking the diamond, the setting side of things hasn't gone anywhere near as well so far.

I've changed part of the ring so as to not impose on designer's rights etc. Just strikes me that if they have to change something like the size of the bezel around the surprise diamond...it might've been an idea to float it by the purchaser first? :)

I've shot off about 3 emails to Marie, when she gets back to me on Tuesday, I'll request a new CAD. Then let's see where we go from there I guess :D Thanks for all the help so far

Punto

Rough_Rock
Laila619|1316366909|3020179 said:
Gypsy|1316304838|3019770 said:
Brilliant. I totally agree. You need that altered.

Hey, I said this at the very top. Can I be brilliant too?

LOL ;))

I think once they tweak this, it will look way less bulky.

Laila! I completely missed your post at the top of the page, I'm sorry! You are indeed brilliant! Let's hope the bulkiness disappears...!

Punto

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1316368134|3020189 said:
Group Hug. Good job team :appl: :appl:

I feel like I need a hug! But the one person I'd like a hug from is the person I can't tell! hehe, that's the nature of the beast I guess :)

Been sorting out all my bookings/bits & bobs for my proposal plan as well. Just want the ring done so it's one less thing to worry about!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I wish all guys would put this much effort into the proposal.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1316358057|3020092 said:
Do you really like that crown shape? I have never been a fan of it and you have the opportunity to change it :)

If you are willing to take it on faith, switch that crown to a very simple bezeled marquise set N/S (straight up and down) it will look KILLER.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316667463|3022713 said:
Do you really like that crown shape? I have never been a fan of it and you have the opportunity to change it :)

If you are willing to take it on faith, switch that crown to a very simple bezeled marquise set N/S (straight up and down) it will look KILLER.

gypsy you are a genius :)

I totally agree!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1316668702|3022726 said:
Gypsy|1316667463|3022713 said:

gypsy you are a genius :)

I totally agree!

ROFLMAO. Nahh... I just recall details of settings that love. I saw this recently in a ring and ADORED it so... wanted to pass it on.

Punto

Rough_Rock
Guys! I return, had to go away for a few days with a family engagement, sorry for the lack of replies!

However I have returned today, and in my inbox are the new CADs!

I'm really happy, I think they look really nice. Any opinions?

The only thing I am thinking of changing is the bezel setting for the 12 o clock surprise stone, options are 1) Crown 2) Simple circle or 3) North South Marquise - Gyspy do you by chance either have a picture or remember who the setting with the marquise bezel is by? So I can go searching! :)

Again I'd like to thank you all for taking the time out of your busy days to read and even reply; it's genuinely appreciated!

gog4.jpg
gog3.jpg
gog2.jpg
gog1_0.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the tulip shape (I know Verragio calls it a crown, but GOG's rendition looks a lot more tulip-y to me!). I'd probably, were it for me, go with the existing design *or* Gypsy's suggestion of a bezeled marquise. I suspect the marquise would look more unique, ornate and cool than a round, but not as fussy as the tulip shape. (I like ornateness and fussy detailing- YMMV!)

Glad GOG went back and redid the CADs. Definitely needed to be done!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the N/S marquise...but I like cleaner/simpler designs. I'm sure GOG can put this in a CAD for you so you can visualize it.

I am wondering if the overall ring is going to be too thick between the fingers?

Punto

Rough_Rock
LGK|1317235278|3028023 said:
Personally I like the tulip shape (I know Verragio calls it a crown, but GOG's rendition looks a lot more tulip-y to me!). I'd probably, were it for me, go with the existing design *or* Gypsy's suggestion of a bezeled marquise. I suspect the marquise would look more unique, ornate and cool than a round, but not as fussy as the tulip shape. (I like ornateness and fussy detailing- YMMV!)

Thanks for the feedback LGK! I like the way they've redone the tulip also, but this n/s bezel intrigues me! Might get it put on a cad :D

Punto

Rough_Rock
slg47|1317236216|3028038 said:
I would go with the N/S marquise...but I like cleaner/simpler designs. I'm sure GOG can put this in a CAD for you so you can visualize it.

I am wondering if the overall ring is going to be too thick between the fingers?

Hey SlG, the n/s marquise definitely sounds interesting! As for the thickness, it's being matched to the Verragio, which we've tried on previously to her delight. So hopefully no problems in that respect?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Punto|1317240503|3028117 said:
LGK|1317235278|3028023 said:

Thanks for the feedback LGK! I like the way they've redone the tulip also, but this n/s bezel intrigues me! Might get it put on a cad :D

I'm sorry! It was in person and it was a custom piece. I would get it put in the CAD. It's a much cleaner look that the tulip there.

Punto

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying Gypsy! Think I'm going to go ahead & get a cad incorporating the marquise done, see what it looks like & then make a decision! How do you feel about the new CADs? Any reservations?

pmbspyder

Rough_Rock
I think the new cads look 100% better! I also agree with others on the N/S marquise. I think that the actual ring will be much more delicate than the cads are showing it, but good for you for standing up for what you want. With a purchase of this magnitude, I think no one should have to settle!

Punto

Rough_Rock
pmbspyder|1317268560|3028486 said:
I think the new cads look 100% better! I also agree with others on the N/S marquise. I think that the actual ring will be much more delicate than the cads are showing it, but good for you for standing up for what you want. With a purchase of this magnitude, I think no one should have to settle!

Thanks pmbspyder! I like the new CADs too.

Have sent off an email to GOG asking them for a minor redo of the CADs incorporating a N/S Marquise bezel in place of the crown/tulip bezel that we've got currently. And I think I've also decided on 4 single claw prongs for the setting. Woo hoo!

Shall hit you guys back with the new CADs when they arrive

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results