shape
carat
color
clarity

dust needed

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest the drawers as well. My father was recently in his bedroom and had a piece of paper that was important. He put it down. I guess a drawer was open a SMALL crack and amazingly, the piece of paper fell into the crack. He looked all over and thought he was going nuts. He was very surprised when he found it, as he couldn't have made that happen if he tried.

I lost a diamond stud (.33ct) on a trip once. I thought for sure it was gone for good, after looking everywhere, calling the hotel, etc. A year and a half later, my husband was packing a knapsack for a trip, and something fell. It made the tiniest sound when it hit the ground, and I happened to be sitting there watching him pack, so I looked down, and lo and behold, the diamond stud! It must have gotten caught in the netting in the outside pocket, because I'm pretty sure we had looked through that bag.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sooo sorry, sending you lots of dust. I hope it finds you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh....I don't what to say. I'm so sorry! :blackeye:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Crasru, I'm so sorry, especially for the stress you are feeling. Dust coming your way.....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK weather for today: I was asking for dust, I got DUST! I accumulated heaps of new designer clothes which I hoped to wear ONCE I LOSE WEIGHT. Now I am up to my ears in these things, they are still hanging in bags, donating them or posting on ebay. There are clothes from Escada, less-known Italian designers, Chanel... From my experience, unworn clothes from good companies are always resellable. I just realized that keeping them makes no sense.

The best part is, I am selling my son's CD's and these horrible wall posters... they are so ugly I hated coming into his room... but they were his. Now he is moving to another state to work at his Ph.D. and is not going to take them with him. Hooray! This stuff is popular on ebay, as I found out.

Everything that stays in safes or lies in bags must go! My biggest problem at this point is the need to invest before I sell... weighing gold requires scales which I do not have. Me, smartie girl, tried to use postal scales in our office... you can figure out the result! Any other ideas before I buy portable scales? I wanted to buy scales that would measure carat weight too, but they are expensive... anyhow I should invest in better scales since I plan to sell some stones as well. Any recommendations? Good quality affordable scales, I mean...

Sorry for details, by now you should know me, after initial shock I am trying to make fun out of not-so-funny-situation...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Just sending you some extra dust.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Good luck crasu. It's maddening when things get lost.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Did you ever find it?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Extra dust from me too!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY! HOORAY! I FOUND IT! YAY!

This is this 5+ mint merelani that I have lost. I found it, actually, where I would have predictably put it - in my stone box! Apparently, I did the most logical thing but then had this "timelapse" and did not realize what I have done.

I covered the stone with the fluffy upper part of the pad - so that it would not be scratched by the glass of the stone box (I stopped doing it because my stone boxes are actually covered by plastic). So the box looked empty! Today I was trying to find an empty stone box, took this one, opended it.. and voila!

Good that I did not do anything unreasonable with the stone. Bad that I had a "timelapse" but I flew in from Russia on the evening, 2 days before, having a 24-hour jetlag, and worked 10 hours the next day, with the jetlag... so I was horribly tired and apparently, had these brief periods of sleep the next day, for a minute or so, which one does not notice... basically, 2 days without sleep.

Anyhow, I found my garnet... I shall post pictures.

Happy Crasru

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need a "relieved" icon. I cannot express how happy I am for you!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :D :appl: :D :appl: :D :appl: :D :appl: :D :appl:

Brilliant news Crasru. So pleased you've found it.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Crasru!!!

Everyone, I hope you don't find this corny, but I misplace things ALL the time and the steps on the following website have always helped me find them. I swear by these steps, the url is in my bookmarks at all times! Do go through these 12 steps and see if you can find any lost items. 8)

http://www.professorsolomon.com/12principles.html

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:
So happy you found it, and we win too, because we get to see photos!!

I bet you love this stone more than ever now!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! I'm sooo happy for you :)) .

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Wonderful, I am so happy that you found it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a relief in two ways: you didn't lose the stone; and you did a very logical thing, found it in a most logical place instead of the freezer or the bag of potatoes under the sink (like my beloved Grandma used to do)...

Puhleez post pics now!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, fellows. This incident decreased my interest in colored stones for quite a while but your enthusiasm about them "revived" me. I tried to take photos but the weather is so bad and the stone performs best in sunny weather because it is very clean and sparkles.

Minousbijoux - I did not look in a bag of potatoes, but I did go through three bags of kid's clothes prepared for donation. It is comforting that I did not find it in a totally weird place.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy you got it back crasru!!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herekittykitty - thank you! I think your story should forever stay in the annals of the PS because it is so unusual and dramatic. Sometimes I tell it to my friends. The most surprising thing is that the dog never noticed it.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people might find it strange that I got a big smile on my face and felt joy and relief for someone I've never met, but that's what happened when I read that you found it. Very happy for you.

(as a side note, do the glass tops scratch stones? I'm always paranoid about that kind of thing too)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKTOB - thank you! We are such a community, aren't we? I, too, feel anxious when someone posts that he/she has not received the package, or something got lost, or someone got harassed on the ebay, or someone's stone got scratched.

Glass covers can scratch soft stones, with mohs index lower than that of glass (quartz), or so I presume... Theoretically, they should not scratch a garnet, but I am paranoid as well. The funniest part is, I have switched over to plastic long time ago and I am still paranoid!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results