carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Sha|1315529620|3013130 said:
Oh Lizzy, I was so sorry to read your update.... :(( :(( :(( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :(( It's good that your RE contacted you already to talk about the way forward, though. I don't remember if you mentioned it before, but have you ever had testing done to see what might be causing the miscarriages? Has your RE ever talked about it?

Sha, thank you. Yes, my RE has run every test she can run - chromosomal, hormones, clotting disorders, semen analysis, HSG to check my anatomy, etc etc. But the only test that she can't run until I do IVF is to actually get a look at my eggs and watch to see how they multiply after fertilization. She said doing IVF will tell us a lot and hopefully implanting the best of the best embryos will help us to get pregnant with a sticky bean or two. I originally said I would only implant one with IVF, but I changed my mind and have decided two will give me the best chances. How are you doing?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

PPM - Implantation has been in the back of my head but if CD21 was +OPK day (remember I think I may have missed catching my surge) and I O'd 1-2 days later and I'm on CD37 now, does that seem late for implantation? I'm gonna test in a few days. All I've had is very light brown spotting, more internal than anything. Still no cramps!

Sha

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann|1315535508|3013204 said:
Sha|1315529620|3013130 said:
Oh Lizzy, I was so sorry to read your update.... :(( :(( :(( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :(( It's good that your RE contacted you already to talk about the way forward, though. I don't remember if you mentioned it before, but have you ever had testing done to see what might be causing the miscarriages? Has your RE ever talked about it?

Sha, thank you. Yes, my RE has run every test she can run - chromosomal, hormones, clotting disorders, semen analysis, HSG to check my anatomy, etc etc. But the only test that she can't run until I do IVF is to actually get a look at my eggs and watch to see how they multiply after fertilization. She said doing IVF will tell us a lot and hopefully implanting the best of the best embryos will help us to get pregnant with a sticky bean or two. I originally said I would only implant one with IVF, but I changed my mind and have decided two will give me the best chances. How are you doing?

I'm doing fairly well, thanks. 8) Looking forward to trying again sometime soon. I'm glad you have a hopeful plan for the future, too, despite the current disappointment. Your RE sounds like she's definitely willing to do all she can, so that's great. I agree that implanting two embryos would definitely give you better chances. And if they're both viable - then that can only be counted as a double blessing. :)) Wishing you all the best for the weeks/months ahead. ((HUGS))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy I think your plan is a good one. Tranfser two and maybe it will be a double blessing.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh Lizzy I am so so sorry. :(( I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers (hugs)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

I am very sorry and sad to hear about this LIzzy. I wish you the best and hope that a miracle happens between now and Monday. Hugs to you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, my friend. Sending much hugs and prayers to you. You really have a whole army of us on your side and I hope you can find some way through all this. Be kind to yourself, you are an amazing woman and mom. I'm glad your RE sounds so dialed in with you and it's good to know you guys have a plan going forward.

Monkey, I'm glad your RE will start tests for you. Hopefully you'll get an idea of what's going on.

~LC

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy- Oh no. What the F? :angryfire: Sorry, but I feel so angry on your behalf. Not fair. Not that any of this is fair, but my heart is hurting for you right now. I am glad you are planning next steps and IVF seems more doable now. FWIW, I would be ready to jump to it if I was you. Not sure if random stories help you or not, but I have a friend that had one child and then had at least 5 miscarriages in between. Never sure why, but her m/c were always later- like end of first trimester. She did IVF, has a gorgeous son. It was hell on her, I know, to get to the IVF part, but then it went smoothly and now she has no regrets. Or at least she is happy with the family she has. I am praying/dusting for your happy ending.

Congrats to all the other BFP's!!!! :appl: Seems like it often happens in waves like this.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies. I will like to de-lurk and cautiously dip my toe in this topic! A few years ago I wrote somewhere about my bitter resentment towards BCP because when I stopped taking them, my previously-perfect cycle stopped. Well, after 6+ years of no AF (sort of), no conclusive lab results, and finishing grad school, AF finally found the address! Although she's still not what I remember compared to pre-BCP, I think my grad school stress had a lot to do with the no-show all these years.
I've started my new insurance coverage and almost approaching CD1. This will assure that the bebe will not be a pre-existing condition, and we can start trying in a few weeks!

Congratulations to all the BFP!! I hope to join you soon!

Lizzy, I am so sorry...

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I'm still thinking of you, glad you've got a good plan to move forward with IVF and I hope it does the trick for you.

choro! Yay, so glad to see you here! That grad school stress is a b**CH! So glad AF has finally showed back up. Are you planning on charting or using OPKs or anything, or just giving it a try the old fashioned way?

CS, and HOT, so sorry AF showed up for you guys. Hoping next cycle is the one!

Missy, any update on the AF or not question? I'm not counting you out yet lady!

MP, glad you were able to convince your dr. to move forward with bloodwork and other testing.

Hi to everyone else, I need to get better about checking in here and actually posting more often! I read every day but actually posting...well that's another story.

CD 28 for me today and if my LP matches last month I'm expecting AF tomorrow. That means I'll be in our first cycle of trying, wooohooo! Hope all you ladies have fun weekends ahead, DH and I are so excited for the start of football season and doing lots of work on our house to get ready for our housewarming party in five weeks.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome Choro! 6+ years of no AF? WOW! I hope AF does show up and stays on track for you!

Steph - Yay for AF almost being here and you'll officially be trying!! You ready for the Ravens/Steelers game? Should be a good one!
I tested today at lunchtime...started to see a white line on a FRER, it never turned pink, but then it disappeared after about 10 mins. So BFN still. On my 3rd day of brownish spotting, no red yet. Come on body get it together!!!

Lizzy - Still thinking of you! I'm glad you decided to move on to IVF. Sounds like a good plan to me.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1315593039|3013751 said:
Welcome Choro! 6+ years of no AF? WOW! I hope AF does show up and stays on track for you!

Steph - Yay for AF almost being here and you'll officially be trying!! You ready for the Ravens/Steelers game? Should be a good one!
I tested today at lunchtime...started to see a white line on a FRER, it never turned pink, but then it disappeared after about 10 mins. So BFN still. On my 3rd day of brownish spotting, no red yet. Come on body get it together!!!

Lizzy - Still thinking of you! I'm glad you decided to move on to IVF. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Oh man, what a game to open the season on. I think DH is glad the Eagles are playing at the same time and we'll be watching in separate rooms because I am guaranteed to get a little intense. Glad I'm not KTFU yet either, because I think a beer or three will be in order.

Argh, sorry your body is being so frustrating, hope things go one way or another soon so you can stop wondering!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!

Steph, I might get a bulk pregnancy test (btw, does anyone have experience with this one? http://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregna...MAOG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1315614664&sr=8-8), but not OPK for now. I'll drive myself crazy! I charted 2 years ago, but my temperature was all over the place and made my insomnia worse. Now that AF is coming, I might check just out of curiosity. I would love to see a peak!

Missy, pretty much 6 years besides a few months in between where the doctor recommended me to stay on BCP or when I took provera. I requested another doctor, and she agreed that BCP wouldn't solve the problem.
All my friends complain about their menstrual cramps. But when AF showed up a few months ago I just jumped up and went "YES!!!! My body is working!!!!!"

Have a great weekend everyone!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock

Dear lizzyann,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I don't post much but I thought I'd mention another RE to you. I've known several women who had recurrent miscarriages (5-6) due to immunologic infertility, and with proper treatment, they conceived and had healthy babies. A lot of doctors don't run these tests as part of their usual miscarriage workup. Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine specializes in infertility d/t recurrent m/c and immunologic issues. (haveababy.com) I used to work with one of the doctors and their approach is unique and very effective for the right patients. Might be something worth looking into. Best of luck and I hope that you'll have a healthy pregnancy and baby in the near future.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Lizzy – still thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts.

Missy – it ain’t over ‘til it’s over. Try to stay positive (no pun intended) :wacko:

Choro – Welcome :wavey:

And hello to everyone else :wavey:

I'm a bad, bad PS'er. Between working 10 hour days, getting little sleep, chasing after our very-soon-to-be two year old and traveling for work the past few weekends, I'm lucky to have a few minutes to get on here. And I don't see things changing anytime soon. :knockout:

Anywhoo, CD14 over here. The CBEFM is still giving me a low reading, but based on my previous cycles, I usually O sometime between CD18 and CD 19. DH has been traveling for work and returns tomorrow, so we’ll have to get right to it.

just hoping to stay awake... ;))

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, my heart just breaks for you. I am so sorry to hear that you had another loss. I wish I could reach through the internet and just give you a huge hug.

Choro: I used those tests, as do a lot of ladies around here. I never tested with OPKs (got lucky and was pregnant fast enough that I never turned to them since I didn't want to drive myself nuts!) And loved that I could just test and test and never feel like a test was wasted! I did eventually use a FRER (first response) test as well just cause it felt more "official"- good luck!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I spent the day shopping which was a good distraction!

Gongjoo, thank you so much for the info. I would really like answers as to why this is happening. If I knew why and it was something that could not be fixed, I would just move on you know? But I feel IVF will be my last try.

Chinacat, thank you for sharing your friend's story. I like to hear happy endings. Did your friend ever find out why she was miscarrying?

AFM, I spoke with my friend who went thru infertility treatments and eventually got pregnant via IVF. When I told her how my beta went down after having such great starting hcg and progesterone, the first thing she said is that maybe I had twins and am losing one. She said that that happened to her. She had twins, lost one and her beta dropped before it went back up. Now ladies, I DO NOT have my hopes up AT ALL. I have prepared myself for another loss, but I have a small amount of hope that MAYBE I will get a higher beta on Monday. The only reason I feel I have a small chance is because my bb's are actually sorer today then they were yesterday and the day before. Could mean nothing? Could just mean I still have some lingering hcg but I will hold out with a small amount of hope till I get another beta drawn on Monday. Good thing is that Wednesday I have my IVF overview class and Friday I have my appointment with my RE to discuss timing of IVF, so I have a plan...which is comforting.

lili

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy--
That sounds promising. Fingers and toes crossed for an increase in beta Monday

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I had wondered the same thing but didn't know if I should mention it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you all weekend and if it's not meant to be, you still have your solid plan in place. Hugs.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzy hold that hope. It will make you happier for the next few days and I cannot see how letting youself hope will make it anymore painful if the news is bad.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, that sounds very promising! Fingers, toes, legs & eyes crossed for you that your beta goes up on Monday! I'll be eagerly checking for your post! <hugs>

sugarpie, I hope you're getting some much deserved rest this weekend & are able to squeeze in some time with your DH in the next few days. :naughty:

choro, welcome! :wavey: 6 years without AF?! How frustrating! :angryfire: I'm glad your body is back on track now. (I was on the pill for 7 years & my AF has not been the same after going off either & my cycle is still a bit wonky.)
I hope your stay here is short & sweet!

Missy, any news? I hope you get a BFP soon (or if AF is on her way that she hurries up & gets out of here as quickly!)

CS and HOT, sorry to hear about CD1 :( Fingers crossed for your next cycle!

MP, it's so good to see you back in these parts! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I'm so glad your appointment with your doc went well! Good for you for standing up for yourself & getting the info & tests you need. Is your doc running a progesterone test too? That's usually done at 7dpo, so you could get it done this cycle if needed. That's great that you got the ball rolling & have several next steps on the horizon. :appl: Keep us posted on how everything goes!

LtF, good to see you! It sounds like you have a lot going on right now! How often do you & your DH get to see each other?

amc, I love your idea of the "super sperm" smoothie, but probably no guys would feel confident enough to order that! Maybe "super swimmer" would be better? :tongue: I had a dream about EWCM last night. Seriously. I need to stop thinking about this TTC business! :rolleyes:
How's the wedding planning coming? So exciting!!

China, JGator, NEL, pupp, LC, Dreamer, steph, Sha, Sba, PPM, jas, Katy, lili-- good to see you. Hope you're doing well! :wavey:

AFM, DH had his consult with the urologist (including an u/s of his boys, which looked good), but still has to drop his sample at the lab for the SA test. We're holding off on that for a few days as I'm at CD20 & no O yet. (OPKs are still negative but seem to be getting a tad darker.) I also got a copy of the "Making Babies" book & am reading up in consideration of making some lifestyle changes that might help with our TTC efforts.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend! Sorry for being MIA for a while. I read pretty much every day, but don't get a chance to post as often as I'd like.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Lizzy

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Brightspot - No answers as to what's going on yet. I've had brown spotting for 3 full days, not much today though. So I'm still just waiting. It's frustrating though, I talked to my mom about it and she's like if you ARE pregnant I don't like the fact that you're bleeding...and I'm like "yeah me neither!" I talk to my mom about anything, she's like my best friend. She just said to wait it out haha good advice Mom! :bigsmile:

Lizzy - Still staying hopeful that this will all will work out when you get your numbers back!

Hi everyone else. Hope your weekend is going well so far!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Hi All. :wavey: CD16 over here. The ClearBlue Monitor gave me a high reading yesterday and today, so DH and squeezed in some :naughty: each day. Assuming I get a Peak reading tomorrow, we'll hopefully get in one more session tomorrow night. Otherwise, we'll wait until I get a Peak. :wacko: We used a little Pre-seed the first night (quarter of a single application tube), but nothing today. Should be in the 2ww very soon!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

sugarpie honeybun|1315771790|3015190 said:
Hi All. :wavey: CD16 over here. The ClearBlue Monitor gave me a high reading yesterday and today, so DH and squeezed in some :naughty: each day. Assuming I get a Peak reading tomorrow, we'll hopefully get in one more session tomorrow night. Otherwise, we'll wait until I get a Peak. :wacko: We used a little Pre-seed the first night (quarter of a single application tube), but nothing today. Should be in the 2ww very soon!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Missy, that sounds like great advice from your mom. How wonderful that you guys are so close! Keep us posted if anything changes/you have news!

Sugarpie, sounds like a great plan! Fingers crossed for you!

Lizzy, I'm thinking of you today & hoping for good news at your beta today. Hugs. Let us know how it goes.

Afm, just when I'd given up on O for this cycle, I had some ewcm yesterday. Hard to tell if my temp spiked this am as I had to take it at 3am (darned 4am calltime :angryfire:)

Hi to all & hope your week's off to a good start.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, sounds like things are moving along. Hopefully you won't need to bother with the SA test if all goes well this cycle. Sending dust your way to catch that egg. Great news on the EWCM.

Missy, sorry you are in limbo with the brown spotting. I am glad you have a confidante in your mom. I have not told mine (or anyone else) yet about my BFP because she is a worry wart, and we are waiting to tell her until we feel more confident in the pregnancy since I am older and currently experiencing low progesterone.

SugarPieHoneybun, good luck catching your egg.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Thinking of you today, Lizzy!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Brightspot and JGator - Thank you ladies! I have told a few friends that we are trying, but I never give them any details. I'm glad that my mom and I are so close. I also found out from her that she didn't get a definite confirmation from her doctor that she was pregnant with me until she was 8 weeks along. She said she had a feeling she was, but the doctors mixed up her urine sample and said she was not pregnant!! She thinks I was conceived while she was on the BC pill, because she doubled up on pills when she missed one and didn't get AF that month. So once she missed AF, my parents decided they'd just try for another baby. So I was either already conceived and I was an slight oopsie or she got pregnant right after stopping BC. Anyway, just rambling now! I'm still in limbo. I have slight cramping/weird gassy/bloated feelings going on every once in a while but other than that, nothing! I should be used to this waiting game by now. CD42 today :rolleyes:

Brightspot - Hope your EWCM is a good sign and you are able to time things correctly this month! Good luck with your 2WW when it comes up!

Sugarpie - Sounds good so far! I hope you're able to catch your Peak reading! I'll be thinking of you with the 2WW coming up!

Steph - Our RAVENS won! That was an awesome game!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

LtlFirecracker, welcome back! I was beginning to worry about you, since we had joined this thread around the same time. Sorry that things have been crazy for you, and that your timing has been challenging. Hopefully work will calm down so things can go back to normal. The new work opportunity sounds like a great thing for both you and your DH, so I hope you can make the right decision for you and your DH!

centralsquare, 29 days is totally not bad for your first cycle post-BC! Now you're armed with information so you'll know what to expect for your next cycle.

Missy, so sorry about your frustrating cycle. Isn't it so much harder not knowing one way or the other? I hope you get a resolution soon! It's great that you can confide in your mom.

HOT, sorry your growing boobies and extra pee didn't turn out to be PG symptoms for you. I wonder what will happen when you do get your BFP. :-o

MP, glad you checked in! Yay for your ob/gyn coming around and taking you more seriously after you straightened her out. And bonus that they have an NP there with fertility experience who can hopefully help you next!

Lizzy, were you able to get your betas today? My fingers and toes have been crossed for you all weekend. My cousin just found out she had a vanishing twin at her first ultrasound at 10.5 weeks! I know it's hard for you to stay positive, so I'll do it for you!

choro, welcome! :wavey: The ladies on this thread are awesome! Crazy that grad school delayed your AF for that long! I also used the Wondfo strips from Amazon (got the combo OPK and HPT package) - worked like a charm! Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

steph, yay for officially entering the wonderful world of TTC!

sugarpie, sounds like your timing is great this cycle!

BrightSpot, hope you can confirm O soon! Is your DH going to do his SA as soon as your fertile period is over this cycle? Sorry about having to wake up so early!

AFM, I posted this in the JBP thread, but I'm now in a 4WW, so to speak. No additional appointments until I hit 12 weeks! I'm also coming down with a cold or something (sore throat, coughing, congestion, etc.), which is stressing me out. Boo. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results