shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
hi folks

i''m new to this site but think it''s a neat way to communicate and ask questions -- anyways, i''m looking at cushion cut rings and have one in mind that we have seen at a reputable jeweler near my home -- it''s an F, SI1 (very very clean) -- 2.02 -- it''s perfectly square (which i love) -- it''s 7.52 x 7.52 x 4.69 -- the depth is 61% - the table is 69% -- i''ve read alot on this site that states that cushion cuts are hard to put into "categories" and it''s largely personal preference, but i just want to make sure we''re not totally getting taken advantage of -- we would buy it for 18,500 (we haven''t bought it yet but have a deposit on it) -- it''s GIA certified and the jewelers are very reputable and they are an accredited gem laboratory - - anyway, what do you all think ?? by the way, i''ve done so much research that my BF is thinking i''m crazy and might leave me
2.gif
28.gif
just kidding ... but he is thinking i''m a little neurotic about it -- but heck, it''s a lot of money and we haven''t even gotten the side stones (trillions!!) -- thanks folks !!!

sb

reena

Ideal_Rock
hi there,

your stone sounds very nice! i am no expert, but i ran a search here for stones with comparable specs and came up with prices in the high $11ks to the low $16ks . . . but to be honest none of those really struck me (by the numbers) as being fabulous. (most were VERY deep--high 60s to mid 70s.) you may well be paying more for your stone because it''s very eyeclean (as you said), because it has a pleasing shape/appearance, because it has good spread for its carat weight, etc.

if you''ve seen it and you love it, that''s the most important thing--it can be so hard to find a good cushion!!! good luck...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes there is a premium for a square and well-cut cushion.cushions with both of those attributes are EXTREMELY difficult to find. i think the price is not bad for what you are getting

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
thanks for your responses -- it''s so difficult to do this !! i think i want to keep with the jewelry stores because i can have someone to talk to --- the online thing makes me a little nervous -- i think we''re probably paying 1500-2000 more than what we could get it online --- but who knows !!?? the one thing i was a little wary about was the table which is 69% -- i guess if everything else is good, why does that matter ?? who the heck knows -- i''m getting dizzy with all of the strings out there !! you both are all over this place !!
16.gif
thanks for your help and any other thoughts of wisdom will be appreciated ....
41.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you know on cushions there are NO real rules. cushion tables can range from 51 to 70----------and their beauty is not necessarily affected --the stones just have a disfferent look. i personally like a large table on a cushion. the small tables make them look like mounds..........lumpy potatoes

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Just to give you an idea...there are two stones on dirtcheap that are a slightly better cut in terms of numbers (of course, not in terms of appearance to you) and they are both slightly over 2 ct, F si1, and they are $14200 and $15,500.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results