shape
carat
color
clarity

Flanders Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marqoid

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a fairly small flanders cut stone. I am finding that they are pretty far and few between and you can''t be too picky. Ideally I would like to find:
Color:D (with strong blue flor)
Clarity: SI1
Carat: 0.4
Cut: Ideal (whatever that means for a flanders)
Do I have any chance of find a stone like this? If so where should I start looking?
If worst comes to worst I would take a radiant cut; does that make my chances any better? I really like the thought of getting a nice stone with strong blue flor. Is there anywhere in particular to look for other strong blue stones?

Thanks

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 1:49:47 AM
Author:marqoid
I am looking for a fairly small flanders cut stone. I am finding that they are pretty far and few between and you can't be too picky. Ideally I would like to find:
Color:D (with strong blue flor)
Clarity: SI1
Carat: 0.4
Cut: Ideal (whatever that means for a flanders)
Do I have any chance of find a stone like this? If so where should I start looking?
If worst comes to worst I would take a radiant cut; does that make my chances any better? I really like the thought of getting a nice stone with strong blue flor. Is there anywhere in particular to look for other strong blue stones?

Thanks
You may want to contact and work with one of the vendors listed on PS for this.
I know Good Old Gold in Long Island carries Flanders, so that's one option. I'm not sure about the other vendors, though I'm sure they can source one for you.

You may also want to consider having the vendor be your "eye" in terms of selecting the stones that has the best value for your money.

BTW, a D with strong blue flour is still going to look colorless until you switch off the light.. then voila!
9.gif

If you want a blue stone, then consider something like a blue sapphire...
I'm assuming this is for the tension set ring you're planning to get? A sapphire is hard enough to be able to withstand the pressure of a tension set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results