shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to have the stones inside a channel set be replaced? Say for example if the channel had round diamonds in it and you wanted to replace them with a different colored gemstone or vice versa. How difficult is it and would it be expensive to have done?

Thanks
35.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your replies.

I was just wondering though would the same hold true if the channel was apart of the mounting and not the band? If it was in the basket part that holds the stone? Would the whole ring have to be remade in order to change out those stones?

I plan on having a ring done and I wanted to have small round sapphires put in the channel but if it looks horrid then I would want to be able to change it out for diamonds.

Thanks
35.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of what I am talking about only I want the center stone to be a blue sapphire marquise shape.
Sorry the picture is so big I have no idea how to resize it. Thanks

r0232waar6_c.jpg

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I saw this photo on ebay and sort of fell in love with that setting and wanted to have a ring made just like it only with a marquise centerstone.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn''t sure how those stones were set to begin with so I wasn''t sure if it would be easy to remove them if I changed my mind.

I guess I better make a definite decision before I have it made because I won''t be able to change it once it''s done. Thanks so much for the information.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results