shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Totally loving the bling-tastic lighting! Perfect for a little girl nursery! Definitely think you can play up the lime green accents, with pillows, picture frames. Or even fuschia if you'd like. And for a rug maybe you can go with something on the neutral side, like seagrass or something like that.

~LC

basil

Brilliant_Rock
DC - love your nursery! And I'm so impressed with the closet - so organized! I love all the little pink clothes - they are so cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose soon-to-be-born child has a big wardrobe ;))

Sarah - oh, I am so bad at decorating. I think you could definitely accessorize with neutrals like taupe or beige, if you want to tone it down, but I'm no good at figuring out exactly what!

Anyway, here are photos of my son's nursery!

First, crib with wall decal. And my stuffed dog Beauregard hanging out.
photo-11.jpg

Crib bedding with breathable bumper. And more Beauregard.
photo-7.jpg

Dresser with changing table. There is actually a piece of orange gingham oil cloth on the top of the dresser, which I know is so old lady-ish, but I couldn't stand the thought of accidentally leaving a wipe on the surface at night and ruining my nice cherry dresser! The space above the dresser is saved for the quilt my mom is making.
photo-8_1.jpg

My La-Z-Boy chair...so comfortable. Blanket on the back I knit myself. And the wall hanging my mom made for the year of the rabbit.
photo-9.jpg

And the other side of the room - stuffed animal bin, hamper, and diaper pail.
photo-10.jpg

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Basil - I LOVE your nursery! Can I ask where you got your nursery furniture? This is exactly what DH and I are looking for, it is just gorgeous!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Cute nurseries Tao, DC, and Basil!! :appl:

Basil - does your animal bin stand up well when empty? I was thinking of getting one of those for dirty clothes but it looks like it would collapse without any clothes in it.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Brown_eyes - Thanks! The crib, dresser, and nightstand are from Room & Board. The dresser and nightstand are regular adult furniture so we will buy a matching twin or full size bed when he outgrows the crib.

Kunzite - thanks! Well, the canvas is pretty stiff so it doesn't collapse and fall on the floor. Mine doesn't really hold a round shape though since it is still creased from shipping. I don't know how it will look after it smooths out. Right now all that is in it is a Boppy, so it's not that full.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... I guess it's time to post my nursery pics...

We went with a nautical theme...

Nursery9.jpg

Nursery10.jpg

Nursery11.jpg

Nursery12.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
...continued.

Nursery13.jpg

Nursery14.jpg

Nursery15.jpg

Nursery7.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and I have to add Mr. Snuggles... He was DH's when he was little...

Nursery8.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, so sweet, inhisarms! My daughter found out she is having a girl, but we were looking at nautical themes if it had been a boy! I love how you did the closet. Her nursery has a smaller closet and I really think redoing it with an organizer would give her so much more space. I'll have to send her this link!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inhisarms your nursery looks fantastic!!! :appl: :appl: I love your side table, I want one!!! I see you redid it; awesome!! :D I would post pics of mine but it is getting filled up w/tons of baby gear. I should post the comfy chair I bought inspired by EB's comfy nursery chair, BEST chairs.

DIAMONDSEEKER, yay for a girl! please post nursery pics!!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
giving this thread a bump so it doesn't get lost (and perhaps to inspire some more ladies to post their nurseries).

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
IHA and Basil -
Those are LOVELY! IHA - I wanted to do nautical for our "boy" but since our LO has proven to be a lady, i have not found a nautical them i liked since.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love your nautical theme Inhisarms!!! it is adorable!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
here are some from Stella's nursery. she was born 7.20.11. We wanted to do a soft pastel theme and ended up finding some awesome butterfly/bird accents!

stella nursery small 1.png

stella nursery small 2.png

glider and mobile from pb kids.png

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful nursery Modern! :appl: And what a closet Ms. Stella has! :love:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Its too cute, Modern! I love that mobile and all those cute little touches.

Ours has that same butterfly but not too matchy feel as well, with green accents...but once I post pics (after its done!) you'll see its a lot different. But I love that we have similar tastes :)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Imperfect! She has more clothes than I do.

Charbie: I thought we might have similar tastes. Can't wait to see your pics. Good luck with the next few weeks ! You are so close.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
modern - so lovely! i love the curtain holders - where did you find those?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Modern, it is beeeeeautiful!!! where did you get the butterfly's? My hubby wanted to name our daughter Stella *if* we had a girl! awww, I love it! :love:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Modern, I love the soft pastels! That nursery looks so serene that I want to take a nap just looking at it! And that glider looks really comfy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, MS, Stella's nursery is so DARLING!!!! Great job!!!!:)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
inhisarms17 - so cute! funny my sil has a little boy named liam with a very similar nautical room. same color walls. really similar crib and all. love it!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Modern, Stella's nursery is beautiful! Where did you get the Stella decal?

crowealethea

Rough_Rock
These are beautiful nurseries!! I love Modern’s butterfly mobile, too! I’m 8 weeks and we’re starting to get our nursery ready. I’ve already looked at tons of nursery decor online and feel like I want everything! Of course, we don’t know whether it’s a boy or a girl – but thank you all for posting your nursery pics! They’re all so adorable!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
There are some very nice nurseries in this thread! You all have done a great job!
Here is my daughter's room. It is also a combo with our guest room. She is baby #3 and her room is large enough that we can keep the guest bed in there and we need it. When guests visit she sleeps in a pack 'n play in our walk-in master closet. Who would think a 4 bedroom house would ever feel small? With 3 kids, it does!

Her bedding was custom made 6 years ago for her older sister. I made the letters myself and also the picture board above the glider:
DSC_9175.jpg

I got new bedding for the bed to match the nursery decor and made the paintings myself, with inspiration from etsy paintings I'd seen:
DSC_9174.jpg
To the right of the bed is a frame I embellished with an enlargement of her birth announcement.

I've been addicted to pinterest lately so I made the button monogram and the handprint ballet canvas painting last week. I plan to get some sort of low/wide-ish bookcase/cubby thing here for toys at some point. The pictures in the "first year" frame are of big sister- keep forgetting to change them out :) :
DSC_9177.jpg

I made the small picture over the shelf above the changing table, the bows and bow holders were gifts and she shares some of the bows with big sis:
DSC_9176.jpg

Looking into the room:
DSC_9173.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NFO, great looking nursery. What an efficient use of the room as a double up guest bedroom. I love your personal touches.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
NFO, Lauren's nursery is absolutely adorable! The idea of combining the guest room with the nursery is brilliant! I can understand 4 bedrooms being small. We bought a 4-bedroom house thinking we'd have no more than 2 kids, but I hadn't thought of this option just in case we want a third. It looks gorgeous and I don't think space will be an issue for you, even when guests do come. Congrats on #3!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
NFO: love the paintings you have over the guest bed that you made! Looking for something like that for DD's big girl bed - been thinking of PBK floral ones but yours are much more original! What inspired you on etsy?

Our nursery is almost complete and I love it - will post photos once I get some thing on the walls (waiting until we decide on a name!).

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
janinegirly,
I just searched "nursery art owl" and "nursery art birds" and looked through all of the results. I would find elements of what I wanted in a bunch of different ones- an owl here, a tree there. I used canvases and painted them pink. then I painted on the trees. Then I used scrapbook paper in different designs and assembled the owls and chicks and then glued them on. If I did it again I would use the flat canvas boards because I had a very hard time working with the traditional stretched canvases- they had too much "give" in terms of gluing on the owls and birds and made it a lot more work than it had to be (wouldn't dry flat). It's not hard to do at all and it's fun to do something one of a kind too. Try it! And it's cheap!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results