shape
carat
color
clarity

It all comes down to this: Selection Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kingston TX

Rough_Rock
Well after months of research, I have to make a choice this weekend.

I need some help selecting between two stones. I would appreciate your thoughts and reasons for choosing one over the other. If they are essentially a wash (as they appear to be to me) my prefernece would be to go with the B&M dealer since I am working on a tight timeline. Thanks you so much for your assistance.

Stone #1: Brick and Mortar Dealer

$15,300 (may be able to negotiate down a bit--assume price of two stones is the same)
AGS Cert
Hearts and Arrows, Ideal Cut (have not yet been able to inspect H&A)
Carat: 1.58
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Girdle: 1.2-1.9
Table: 55%
Depth: 62%
Crown Angle: 35.3
Pavillion Agnle: 40.7
Polist: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
HCA: 1.7
Measurements: 7.46 x 7.50 x 4.64
Florence: None

Stone #2: White Flash

Price: $15,130
AGS Cert
Hearts and Arrow "A cut above"
Carat: 1.654
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Measurements: 7.64-7.68 x 4.69
Florence: Neglible

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5196401

Thanks so much. This is a great community and has been an amazing help.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'd take #2. It is bigger (.2mm is visible when they are side by side), and less steep/deep (better crown angle). They both look nice, but I'd take the extra size, and slightly better cut. The clarity difference should be invisible to the eye. (I have a VS2. Hubby sweated at going that low, but it is completely a non-issue. Si1 is often completely eye clean as well, so VS2 is not too low.)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If it were me I''d have a difficult time choosing. The larger WF is tempting, but if you''ve built a relationship with the B&M dealer and would like a local place you can just pop into from time to time that would be a strong factor as well.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
#2 is not as deep as #1, but they both seem nice. Like HEST88 noted, although the online vendors are superb, at some point you will have to build a relationship with a local jeweler for your repair and cleaning needs. So, it is either now or later.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
In my opinion, first choice is always to buy from a B & M for obvious reasons, convenience, service, repairs, cleaning, etc. as long as the price is right. When you can''t get what you want at the right price then it''s time to shop online. Both of those rings are over 1.50 carat & either will look amazing. The .20 difference in size won''t be noticeable unless you are looking at them side by side. Either way you''d probably consider both to be 1.50 carats when asked the weight on them. I would go with the B & M.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results