shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about these specs? (laser drilled??) help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Shape: Round/modern Brilliant
Dimensions: max. diameter-7.55mm, min. diameter-7.50mm, depth 4.53mm
Depth Percentage: 60.2
Table Percentage: 63
Girdle: slightly thin, medium polished
Clarity: SI2
Color: G-H
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good to very good
Fluorescence: Faint blue
Enhancements: Laser drilled (barely noticable under 10X)
Weight: 1.57 ct

This is what the appraisal says. Laser drilled? That doesn''t sound good...

What do you think? Would it be sparkly? Honest opinions please...

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, if you want it for a pendant and the price was right, then maybe..... But for a ring, I wouldn''t. Do you know what the stone was (clarity speaking) before the enhancement? My guess, it possibly could have been a realy bad I1 or I2....
emotion-15.gif
I would do my homework first.... Is the diamond a Yehunda? I believe they warrant there enhancements for life.... other than that, I would stay away from them.

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Thanks. It''s actually really cheap on Craigslist--although I figured there was a reason...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The drill hole mentione dis by now just another calrity characteristic that adds up to the SI2 grade. It now sits where a balck carbon inclusiosn used to reside close to the surface - so while the clarity grade remained as was (or worse), the diamond looks cleaner "after" without the dark inclusion.

Why not
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s what a laser whole (a relatively huge one) looks on a mounted diamond (the pictue comes from NiceIce.com)

And there is more showing this type of work at it''s worst (the drilled inclusion left a visible mark, which may not apply to that stone) in the tutorial at GOG.

The respective diamond has somewhat surprising proportions (ok, 63 table is not exact;y AGS0, although chances are the stone looks nice), but all in all, if the price is attractive the word "laser" need not be a huge detraction, IMO.
34.gif

LaseTreatedMounted.jpg

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Hmm..the price is $4000....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2004 3:57
6.gif
2 PM
Author: slgbug1

Hmm..the price is $4000....
"sparkly" depends on proportions. The info available says little about this if anyhting.

Is there a cert? The split color garde tells me there is not.

A H/SI2 not enhanced or anything, certified and with similar (lack of) cut pedigree would be about 5k. (link) Below thee 1.5 ct mark (say 1.4 cts) there would be lots of options retail.

Is there a picture of any kind? If eye clean and decently brilliant, that one would be desirable. But there is no way to know.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This what the HCA chart for 60% depth and 63% table looks like. Tere is some chance that this one would rank high for brilliance (if the stats fall someweher in the orange area - pretty tight really), but with that large table there is allot more chance that this is not too bright and/or fish eye.

seeing is believing... as usual.

t63.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
If the price seems too good to be true, it usually is. I would stay away from this one, but that is my 0.02 of course!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2004 3:17:28 PM
Author:slgbug1
Hi,

Shape: Round/modern Brilliant
Dimensions: max. diameter-7.55mm, min. diameter-7.50mm, depth 4.53mm
Depth Percentage: 60.2
Table Percentage: 63
Girdle: slightly thin, medium polished
Clarity: SI2
Color: G-H
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good to very good
Fluorescence: Faint blue
Enhancements: Laser drilled (barely noticable under 10X)
Weight: 1.57 ct

This is what the appraisal says. Laser drilled? That doesn''t sound good...

What do you think? Would it be sparkly? Honest opinions please...
slgbug1

for $4000 you can buy nice stone,why mess around with this laser drilled garbage ?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My gut says it''s a dud.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results