shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help rating these diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrGreen

Rough_Rock
I''m getting closer to making my selection for an engagement ring. After reading lots of posts on this forum I am much more knowledgeable, but would appreciate your advice on the following diamonds:

Shape: Princess
1.35 Ct
Color F
Clarity SI1
Measurements: 5.91x6.01
Crown Angle 46.5
Crown Height 13.7%
Pavil Angle 39.7
Pavil Depth 43%
Culet 2.1 %
Table 72%
Depth 74.8%
Girdle thick 2.9% (.17mm)
Fluorescence: None

Shape: Princess
1.37 Ct
Color E
Clarity SI1
Measurements: 6.21x6.18
Crown Angle 50.4
Crown Height 10.0%
Pavil Angle 42.9
Pavil Depth 44%
Culet 1.1 %
Table 75%
Depth 70.7%
Girdle thick 1.7% (.11mm)
Fluorescence: None

Does anyone consider these "very good" diamonds? I have an appointment to go see these on Friday, but I think the first one is the better one based on the numbers??

MrGreen

Rough_Rock
Please help!!! If you had to pick one of these diamonds which one would you choose?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t rule out either -- let your eyes be the judge!
35.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Firstlly I wouldn''t make a purchasing decision with this info alone (I''m a little anal and require a bit more info), however my gamble would be on stone #1 based on that combination of proportions.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You can't really evaluate a fancy shape from the numbers alone, but #1 looks like a better bet.

MrGreen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replys. I''ve looked at several stones in the past week and almost all of them had a Table % greater than the depth%. Everything I''ve seen here suggests that the Table should be at most equal to the depth %. Its amazing how important the cut of the diamond is on its fire and brilliance - yet so many people seem to focus on color and clairity alone.

I was thinking #1 may be better as well (just by looking at the numbers alone). I''m going to take a look at them this afternoon - if I can get some light scope images I''ll post them. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results