shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dcgator|1314129960|2997659 said:
Everyone else, I will try to keep up going forward. I do have some questions for all you experienced mommies though. As for the bleeding, the books say you can keep at it for weeks, and mine has been pretty consistent now for nearly two weeks. If you wouldn't mind commenting on this icky topic, how long did your's continue post-partum? Also, what's with the leaking? Does it continue as long as you breastfeed, or does it get any better. I can barely make it out of the shower before Niagra falls start, lol. Finally, when does the reversed day vs night thing get straightened out? I am trying to keep her up some of the day, but it proves a bit tough.

Well, I think I have reached my quota of annoying questions for the day, I look forward to talking to you tomorrow. Take care mommas!

My lochia lasted 6 weeks! I hear if you don't take it easy it can last longer. Just make sure you aren't clotting bigger than a quarter; if so let your doctor know or if it turns green or smells bad. Oh I think Newborns do get their days and nights mixed up so keep her awake during the day if you can and open the shades to get natural light in. I am sorry; I hope she gets if figured out soon. hugs momma

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
dc -- loved your birth story! So glad she's here and you are both safe and sound! I stopped bleeding pretty fast, so no answer there, and day vs night didn't affect A too much. One of my friends had day and night stuff going on several weeks after theirs was born. BUT the leaking was so annoying. I would also leak after getting out of the shower, and I felt that I was just wasting it. That pretty much lasted until around the time I stopped nursing. I was a super producing cow, so as annoying as it was, I figured it meant that I had a good supply, so hopefully you are in the same situation! I bought bigger bras and got boobie pads and changed them out twice a day. Waking up in the mornings meant sore boobs and even worse leaks. UGH. I forgot about all of that! Can't wait for more pics of little S!!! Hope you are getting decent rest!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Long time no posting - I ahve been lurking heaps but I am usually on DH's phone and posting replies is a major pain in the tukas :(

Loving all the baby pics one day I will get my butt into gear and post some of L I am a bad mamma I hardly even upload on FB either I just keep forgeting

Noel Hope your DH gets better soon happy to hear he is not in intensive care anymore :)

DC Congrats on the birth of Sophia :) I read your birth story well done she is such a cutie :D seriously seems like yesterday you fell pregnant

As for leaking issues - my bleeding stopped around 6 or 8wks post partum I seriously can not remember but after about 4wks it was just spoting and as for the boobie leaking 5mths in BF and they still leak however they don't tend to leak as much well as quickly I should say.

L has been sleeping through the night so now I do have to pump before bed otherwise I leak through the pads onto my shirt (even with the pump one boobie still manages to fill a breast pad)

If you want to stop the leaking apprently if you cross your arms and press on your nipples it will halt the letdown - I personally just learned to get a bra on quick before it started

Happy days to everyone else :) I hope your all doing well :)

AFM: I spoke to a sleep nurse about L's refusal to sleep in the cot during the day and they said it had to do with the way I put her to sleep (she nurses to sleep) and that she expects a boobie when she wakes - however she only started doing this a month ago so not sure if this is the right answer I have temporarily solved the problem by co-sleeping with her either on my chest or next to me for naps - however today for the first time in forever she went to sleep in her cot and stayed asleep for about an hour and half :o gobsmaked so maybe it is just a phase so hoping the distractable, screaming before feeding screaming casue I put my boobie away even though I am hungry phase ends soon as well urgh. Apart from that she really is a good kid :) she also really loves the jumperoo glad I took PS recs for that one when I was preggo from other threads the kid is a ball of energy.

No rolling yet - I know she can cause she has done it accidently months and months ago however I honestly think she can't be bothered she does roll to her side on her back and does grab her feet lots if she does want something she will chuck a nah-na if she can't reach her toys but expects them to be bought to her - maybe she will get through life without rolling LOL

stay safe mama's :)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here goes another me-centric post:

Gradually over the course of yesterday I started to feel better physically. By the time late afternoon rolled around, I didn’t feel sick at all. I left for my ultrasound and my belly was a little knotted up with nerves but that was about it. DH met me at the doc and they took us back right away. The tech couldn’t see much on the abdominal u/s so we had to do the t/v. Fun…anyway, the outlook is not good. She started off by saying “How many times have you been pregnant?” then “Did all of your pregnancies result in live births?” By LMP, I should be 6w4d but all they could see was a gestational sac and yolk sac. They didn’t tell me how many weeks those measured but it didn’t matter. The tech was *optimistic* saying the yolk sac is a good sign and maybe my dates are *off* and scheduled me for a follow up ultrasound for next week. I’m pretty sure that’s just to confirm the obvious.

DH was totally out to lunch and had no idea anything was wrong but maybe that’s because he was on his Blackberry. :nono: I’m not really sure what to think right now. My thoughts are all over the place and I feel like I’m on an emotional roller coaster. I know people have been through much worse so I CAN handle this…at least that’s what I keep telling myself!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Pupp, Don't give up hope. The yolk sack is a good sign. Maybe you ovulated later than you thought even if you are going off LMP. Lots of prayers outgoing for you and your bean.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puppmon, I will keep your lo in my prayers. huge hugs!!!

DEE, I hope she keeps sleeping in her cot!

I will try and catch up later. The boys have kept me so busy lately! :cheeky: They still wake to feed at night but I love that they are going to sleep right away after eating; I use to have to rock them to sleep, etc. Maybe they are on their way to sleeping longer stretches?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I just had a horrible parent moment: getting Skye ready for bed and she fell off the changing table! stupid me, I had my back to her to unzip her sleeping bag in her crib and the next think I heard was like a box of tissues dropping onto the floor, and then crying. I'm not sure if she fell on her head because she was on her tummy, but most likely. she was crying and didn't want her bottle. just wanted to have her pacifier and close her eyes. so while she slept I quickly googled this (and am glad to know I'm not the only parent who had this happen), then went to wake her up, she drank 2/3 of her bottle, had her eyes wide open and followed my finger and grabbed it, responded to my voice, gave me a smile and then I checked the rest of her body for anything strange and if she was moving her limbs all right. she quickly fell back asleep. I think she is fine. I texted DH and he assured me I am not a bad parent.

and now a little me-centric post:

Today I had my last chemotherapy!

:appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies,

Thanks again for the warm welcome and for answering my questions. Things continue to get better here on my end and I am enjoying Miss Sophia more each day.

Skippy - Thanks for the advice. I really hope the lochia doesn't last that long, but I guess time will tell. I think I am still safe for now, so no worries. As for the day and night thing, I think Sophia is starting to figure out what daytime is, so we are making progress on that part. Glad to hear the boys are going to sleep easier and hopefully that does mean mommy will be able to get some more sleep!

Lanie - That's good that you didn't have to deal with the lochia. I am sorry that you had to deal with the leaking too, but like you said, at least it comes out well. Can I ask how long you breast fed for? I think its great to do it, but I am not sure I want to continue this for months on end. I think once she goes to daycare, I will stop, but right now, I am just trying to get through it. As for rest, daddy is helping by doing one feed at night, which allows me to get about 5-6 hours of decent sleep, but I feel bad making him do since he has to work so we will see how long that lasts. How are things going with you? How old is little A now?

Deelight - Pleasure to see you my dear. Yeah, I think Sophia is a cutie too, so I'll keep her, lol. I feel like time flies too, but I hear it only goes faster now that she is here. Thanks for the advice on the leaking issues. Hopefully it will ease up a bit in the coming weeks, but we'll see. Sorry for the sleep issues with L, but hopefully you have solved the problem. As for the rolling, I really can't comment on that, but I assume she will do it once she is ready too. Good luck!

Puppmom - I am really sorry to hear about the U/S. I am also sorry that DH was not connected to you instead of the crackberry. Hopefully the LO is ok, and it was just too early to really see anything. Big hug and please let us know how it goes.

Noel - Aww, poor thing. I totally have those thoughts about how Sophia could roll off the pad even though she can't controllably roll yet, but I can imagine it happens to a LOT of mommies. So no, you are not a bad mommy, and so long as she was ok, everything is fine. As for the chemo thing, CONGRATS LADY, THAT'S AWESOME !!! :bigsmile: Here is to a chemo free mommy life. Enjoy!

AFM - Things are getting better. Whereas the first week with Sophia I was so overwhelmed with trying to do everything for her and getting minimal sleep, I really didn't feel like I was bonding. Now that she is getting into more of a routine, I feel like I can talk and play with her more, and I really feel like we are bonding now. I still don't really enjoy breastfeeding, but I will continue to do it for as long as I can. Otherwise, she is too cute, and makes me smile a lot. I have discovered she is pretty good at mimicking faces and such, and that is fun. Well, I hear her waking up from her nap now, so I am off to feed her. Till manana, take care mamas!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pupp, ((hugs)) I'm sorry you're going thorough this and my thoughts and prayers are with you right now.

Noel, congratulations!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Noel~ Fantastic news, about the chemo--not the fall. :wacko: Lily fell off the couch and did the same thing--wanting to go to sleep and just have her paci. I was freaked out too. It's astonishing how quickly then can move. They've got super-hero speed!

I am not going to be watching Baby T anymore. It's just too much work and stress having 2 so little. Lily came up to him and whacked him 3x across the head before I could get to him. He didn't seem to be injured but it still freaked me out. I told his mom that Lily was getting too jealous and starting to get angry with him. I'm not willing to put her in a P&P all day. I'm a SAHM for a reason, ya know? I have put my family first, but knowing that I let her (my friend) down is upsetting. But, I felt like if I kept Baby T, I was letting Lily down.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
DC--Congrats to you on the birth of Sophia! Love the name!

Pupp-- I am so sorry you are going through this, lots of hugs!

Noelwr-- YAY! :appl:

As for the leaking issues: I think my bleeding stopped right around 6 weeks. The boobies aren't leaking much these days but I think that stopped around the time I came back to the office and I thought my supply was down.

And to everyone else, I'm sorry, I just skimmed! I hope everyone is doing well and I love all those baby pics.

AFM: I just found out on Tuesday that I am going to China for a week in Sept, so, looks like I better get my milk stock up and get ready to miss my little L! ;( Hopefully she won't forget her Mommy while she's gone. I'm also worried that she will not want to nurse when I come back since its going to be awhile. Can this happen?

L turned 4 months on Tuesday! She has almost figured out how to roll all the way over but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet. She loves to stand up, maybe I'll have an early walker? L is still STTN, she has adjusted her bedtime on her own, so now, instead of 9pm, she is up to 8pm. Last night she was in bed and passed out by 7:35. Best thing is that she only wakes up at 5 am when I wake her. One thing I noticed is that my milk supply might be going down since she is not nursing. I got lazy over the last two weekends and didn't pump at night and forgot my Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle, I don't think that is helping. I also think my supply is much much lower at night, say after work. Anyone know anything I can do? I am in a bit of panick that I might be drying up. L is getting frustrated at the boob when I get her home from the sitter. I really need to find some way to get my supply back up.

Here are a few photos from her 4 month impromptu photoshoot with Mom and Dad. Happy Thursday ladies!

262468_10100313973815919_16817972_50397535_1858272_n.jpg

300356_10100313987119259_16817972_50397738_5309103_n.jpg

299428_10100313974025499_16817972_50397542_6225529_n.jpg

314759_10100313969554459_16817972_50397427_7111738_n.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
CUPCAKE, she is precious!!! :love: Where do you get those cute 4 month stickers?

DCGATOR, it took me about a month to get in a groove w/Miles, then Evan came home. Things are getting better but it happens so slow. Hang in there momma; I promise it gets easier! I am glad you are bonding w/your sweet baby! I noticed both mine smiling at about 6 weeks and that really helps w/the bonding too and not feeling like you are working so hard for your baby. hugs Also ask away!!! That is why we are all here! I had tons of questions and still do!

PUPP, thinking of you. sending good vibes your way!!!

NOEL, woot, that is awesome!!! so happy!

SS, I don't blame you one bit.

AFM
Evan came off his oxygen and heart rate monitor!!!! :D I am just praying his white blood cell produce like crazy again so he is no longer neutropenic and we don't have to revisit the bone marrow discussion with the Hematologist.

Both boys are great! Just a bit busy here! Today early intervention comes to visit so I am interested to hear what they think. Have a great day :wavey:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Skippy--you can get them online, I got them on Amazon. Just look up onesie month stickers and they should pop up. You can also get them more customized on Etsy.com. :bigsmile:

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - I'm glad you're feeling a little better about trying to get your supply up again. If it doesn't work and you do end up weaning (or when you end up weaning in the future), beware that the hormone shifts might do nasty things to you. I know they don't for everyone, but I had a really rough time when I decreased my pumping enough that my supply dropped dramatically. I was so terribly anxious, had trouble eating, felt my heart racing, and had major insomnia. It eventually went away again, but boy was it nasty while it lasted. I didn't know if it was from dropping my domperidone dose so much or what. I eventually saw my family doc and she said she'd gone through some major mood issues when weaning as well, and had spoken to other women who'd had the insomnia and anxiety as well. Hope the pumping works out for you again!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
my poor baby is sick and lost her voice. her crying is so quiet and muted now, it sounds much sadder than normal.

her snot got on her dolly, and now it looks like dolly is having a visit from Aunt Flo...

DSCN3030.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noel I'm so sorry Skye isn't feeling well, but LOL at the doll!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
sorry I haven't responded to other posts, but I'm having such a crap week. my mom was here a few days but went home on Wed with a weird infection that made her lips red and swollen. she also has a fever now. then today day care tried to call me, but I had my phone on silent so they called my mom who called DH which was good because I was visiting him at the hospital. day care said Skye had slight rise of temperature, wasn't drinking or eating well and was just not herself. DH got on the phone with the doctor right away (which I didn't think necessary), and with very bad reception and an annoyed doctor's assistant, we discussed which symptoms I should watch out for. anyway, day care said the exact same thing about Skye yesterday, too, and like yesterday, when I brought her home, she was happy and crawling and eating and drinking... of course she's still sick and coughing, but otherwise she is fine. I guess she just wants to be with Mom when she's feeling a little under the weather. then my mom calls me how worried she was about Skye's fever (which isn't a fever) and how I need to check up on her regularly and dress her warm, etc. it's so lovely when other people tell you what you must do with your child... and the other bit is that DH and I were supposed to go to Germany for 6 days next Saturday, just the two of us. the doctor says he will probably be discharged from the hospital on Tues or Wed, and then we'll have to see how he feels. and of course my mom will have to be well enough to take care of Skye. I am so crushed that we might not be able to get our break away because after all I've been through, I feel I NEED this break more than anything. I am just so exhausted and now everyone is sick, including me with laryngitis, and I'm the one who has to make the sacrifice. I don't get to lie in bed all day. I'm the one who has to get up every time Skye cries. so I sit in tears in front of DH and feel very guilty because he can't do anything about being sick, but I can't help feeling this way.

anyway, I just had to get that out.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Noel~ You're completely normal for feeling this way. I totally get it. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh jeez Noel! Before I got to the last part of your post about going to Germany, I was thinking, man, everyone in her life is sick right now! I really hope your DH feels better soon so you guys can go on your trip!!!! I would completely feel the same way you are feeling right now. Sending you and the family speedy recovery vibes!!!!! Send Skye on a plane to Texas and I'll take care of her for you! ;))

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Quick fly by post as I am about to go to a friends baby shower that I am hosting but Noel don't feel bad about feeling that way it is okay to feel overwhelmed and disapointed I know I would be the same way sending you all loads of get better really soon dust :)

And congrats on the last Chemo session that is fantastic news :D

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
deelight -- glad you love your jumperoo! Great investment, huh? A loves his too! And A rolled early on like L did, but then didn't really do it much until about 6 months old. It's like they know they can do it, but they'd rather not expend all the energy! Hope to see more pics soon!!!

noel -- I forgot to say yay to your last chemo in my last post. That's great!!! Hope your family is on the mend.

dc -- I b'fed for 5.5 months. I got really sick, supply dipped before that, and then really dipped after being sick, so instead of trying to get more, I just stopped. I hated pumping so much when I could have been doing other things like, oh, hanging out with my favorite person in the world! So I was half sad, half relieved. Just do what you can, and when it's time to quit, you'll know. Your baby will be fine either way, and don't feel guilty. We had the same schedule you and your DH have. It's great, but I would still wake up when it was his turn. But at least I didn't have to get out of bed. I felt bad that he had to do it as well while going to work, but he was willing to pitch in when he saw how tired I was all day long. Can't wait for more pics!!!!!

pupp -- hugs and sticky dust to you. Keep us updated.

cupcake -- L is so cute!!!!! Like a little doll! I love that first pic!

skippy -- yay for Evan!!! When do you go in for a white blood cell count?

Have you guys seen the lullabies from famous artists? We got a Cure one and I can hear it through the monitor right now. I also have U2 and Metallica. They are so awesome! I snapped this picture this morning, and couldn't resist posting it. DH needs to lower the mattress, like yesterday! Happy weekend everyone!!!

DSC02213 - Copy.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lanie- I've been telling my hubby for, oh, about the last MONTH that we need to lower Jumper's crib. Fortunately, he will only pull up in there so far when we go in to get him. Hopefully the big storm today will prompt him to get it done!

noel- When it rains it pours? So sorry you're all not feeling well. Fingers crossed that the trip will still be possible. And huge congrats on finishing your chemo.

cupcake- L is adorable. Love her sweet flower hat.

dc- Hang in there. The first couple weeks are tough just trying to figure out all things newborn. But truly, it just gets better and better. You're doing a great job mama!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
aw, thanks ladies for making me feel like I'm not being a total b*tch.

puppmom - how are you doing? when is the ultrasound?

shiny - don't beat yourself up about not looking after Baby T. you tried, and no one can fault you for that. family does come first.

cupcake - L is so freakin' cute! I am sure you will miss her like crazy when you are in China, but don't worry. she won't forget you. babies don't have any sense of time.

Skippy - yay for Evan coming off the monitors! how did the early intervention visit go?

Lanie - if I send Skye to you, do you think we can also get the nice stewardess who wanted to parade A up and down the aisle? ;)) actually, I plan to be in Houston for a shopping week either in Jan or Feb, but that's without Skye. cute peek-a-boo picture!

- - -

I went to visit DH twice in the hospital today. the first time, I had a colleague over baby-sitting Skye. that was very nice of her. then in the afternoon I took Skye with me. DH is slowly getting better and his red blood cell count increasing. I think it was exhausting for him to have Skye there, but he really wanted to see her.

anyway, I've been googling about Skye's cough, and have come across information about the false croup. have you ladies ever heard of it? it seems quite scary! can happen to any child with a cold, goes to sleep seeming okay, and then wakes up in a coughing fit and distraught because s/he's having problems breathing. the best thing is to steam up the bathroom and take them in there. luckily Skye hasn't had this, but she does cough a lot at night. her temperature is normal now, too.

oh, and lately she really chews her pacifier to the side of her mouth. also when she's done drinking the bottle or sippy cup, she starts chewing on it. teething? where are the teeth??? she's been wearing the amber stone necklace for 3 months and the running joke now is that it works because it keeps teeth away and therefore no teething pain!

and here's a photo from this morning, in her first pair of jeans. I'm not really into jeans on babies, but I think she's old enough for them now. she looks like a little tomboy.

noelwr27811.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - So happy to hear about E!! That's exciting!! Here are the preemie growth charts, your boys are on the cusp between the two. LBW starts at 3 pounds 4.8 ounces so I'm not sure which you'd want to use:

http://www.adoptmed.org/storage/LBW%20Premature%20Boys.pdf
http://www.adoptmed.org/storage/VLBW%20Premature%20Boys.pdf

LV - Thanks for the info on formula. Did you know that EB jar food has BPA in the lining of the lid? I just found that out the other day. We have quite a few jars for when he doesn't like something we make or if we are running low on food. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I stopped scraping the excess food off the lid, but I'm sure the amount that leaches can't be too bad. We'll still probably switch to Sprout after we're done with these jars though. I also found out that EB is owned by Heinz. Not that that's bad necessarily, but just something I didn't know. I like that Sprout is independant. This chart is interesting (albeit old):

http://www.cornucopia.org/graphics/OrganicTop25Jul07.pdf

Yeah, we probably won't use puffs often (or as a snack). I just like the idea that he can try a new texture and I don't have to worry about him because it dissolves. O just started saying mama too!! Doesn't it just melt your heart?! :love:

noel - So sorry to hear about all you're going through right now. I hope your DH is better soon!! That picture of S in her jeans is adorable :love: O has been chewing and drooling like crazy too but no tooth in sight (I know because he chews my finger all the time and I don't feel anything!). O has a cough too. He consistantly wakes himself up with it at night, but he's fine during the day!

catluver - So happy to see you pop in! I do roast a lot of my food, and I do it at the same time. Last time I had sweet potato, squash, peaches, and apples all in the oven at the same time! So happy to hear that going back to work went well.

Lanie - Did you get your schedule worked out yet? O went through about two weeks being really fussy lately too. I'm not sure what was bothering him, we never figured it out. He seems to be back to his normal happy self now though. We don't worry about naps in his schedule. If he's ready to eat and ready for a nap we just feed him really quickly before he goes to bed. If he's not quite ready to eat but he is ready for a nap we'll just feed him when he gets up. Sometimes that means that his last two meals for the day are close together, but I don't mind loading him up a little bit right before he goes to bed. Maybe it helps him sleep better! I love that picture of A. We moved the crib down awhile ago, but had to add a bumper (we never had one before) because O kept waking himself up by hitting his head on the rails. So now he looks over the bumper just like A in that picture! We think he's looking around to see what's going on in his room. Have you heard The Vitamin String Quartet? Sort of the same concept. Love them. I have Radiohead, Bright Eyes, Arcade Fire, ummm, I can't remember the rest. All sorts of good stuff, check it out!

pupp - Thinking about you and sending sticky dust!

dc - I'm an outlier when it comes to PP bleeding... mine lasted on and off for nearly 12 weeks :knockout: I hope yours ends sooner than that!! I hope S figures out her night/day. No advice because we didn't go through that. We just never woke him up at night and made sure he ate every 3 hours or so during the day.

Deelight - I hope L keeps sleeping in her cot!

CM - Cute pictures!! Sorry to hear about the trip to China. DH and I are both supposed to go to OOT meetings next month (we work together) so I'm not sure how that's going to work out! We're both trying to get out of them, fingers crossed!!

drk - Thanks for the advice! I do remember your posts about weaning and that's what made me realize that something else must have been going on with my emotions.

AFU - Does anyone want to share sleep wisdom with me?! O is sleeping all night, but has been getting up at 4:30 in the morning now! HH, didn't you go through something similar with A? It doesn't matter what time he goes to be, 4:30 rolls around and he's awake. At first he's calm and we think he'll go back to sleep, but then he starts crying and won't settle. It's made for a rough few weeks. Help smart mamas! We don't know what to do.

No BPF, but this is my new baby.... my upgrade!!

IMG_3589.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, I guess I would use the 1st graph since Miles weighed 3 lbs 5 ozs (1502 grams), crazy, I can't even imagine he use to weigh that little. What did O weigh when he was born? i think you said 4 lbs some ozs? Oh my gosh your UPGRADE is amazing!!!! :love: :love: BELLISIMO!!! :appl: Was the ring in your avatar your 1st ring? Hand shots please!!!

NOEL, hugs, hope things get better! She looks great sportin jeans!

LANIE, little A is so stinkin adorable looking over the crib! lol

CUPCAKE, thanks, I ordered some! I just ordered 1 set and thought I would put it on the bear; I don't need to spend $32 for 2 sets of stickers. lol

Hi HH, SS, DEE and other mommas!!!

The baby's are doing GREAT!!!! They were impressed that they could hold their heads up high, that they rolled a little, that they were very alert, that they followed voices and toys. I was a bit worried they wouldn't be on track or behind but they told me my guys were doing awesome!!! :mrgreen: Proud momma moment for sure!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, yay for O sleeping all night!!!! did you do anything special?? Miles just eats and immediately sleeps at night which is GREAT!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I am so far behind, I'll never catch up!! All of your little ones are just adorable.

Lanie, love Anderson peering out of the crib! :bigsmile: He is so darn cute!!!

DCgator, congrats on the birth of your sweet baby daughter! You must be so happy!

Loves Vintage, Samantha is so sweet and beautiful! She just has the sweetest little angel face.

Skippy, your twin boys are just precious! You're so blessed to have two!

Cupcake*muffin, Lorelei is a beautiful little baby! What a cute smile!

Noel, Skye is such a little princess. She's adorable and she looks like she's a lot of fun! Congrats on the end of chemo!!!

Kunzite, your upgrade is gorgeous! Enjoy it! Oliver is a handsome little guy. Love him! He's come so far.

Sorry to anyone else I missed. I love reading about your little ones. You are all terrific moms.

AFM, my little Luke is almost 9 months! We love him so much, he is so much fun...so filled with personality and curiousity and innocence all in one. He likes to eat solids, but he still prefers to nurse more than anything. I think I'll have a tough time weaning him at one. He is a champion sleeper now with both naps and at night. The exciting news is that DH and I are TTC # 2 already! Hope it happens very soon for us. We'd love to have two under two. Here's a pic of my best little guy:

little Lukey.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - O weighed 4 pounds 2 ounces when he was born. Which is actually pretty funny because I weighed exactly 4 pounds when I was born. He's just repeating history :)) No, the ring in my avatar is a RHR, a green tourmaline. Handshots & Green Tourmaline. I'm so happy to hear that the boys are doing so well!! You deserve to be a proud mama!!! :appl: :appl: We don't do anything special to get O to sleep at night, just follow our routine and try to get him to bed around the same time every night.

Laila - I spy an upgrade for you too!! Very pretty. And look at L!!! :love: He has so much hair!! I think we're going to try for 2U2 as well (although I'm still a little scared!!) and will probably start TTC in one or two cycles. I think I have equal parts fear and excitement!! TTC dust to you!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Laila!!!!! Little Luke is so cute! Love that little smile!

Kunzite -- love the upgrade!!! I concur with the suggestion for handshots! ETA -- thanks for the Vitamin String Quartet rec! Radiohead is by far my favorite band!

noel -- I love the jeans! It's funny you say that you don't like jeans for babies, bc when I was pregnant, I was searching for the perfect pair of little baby jeans! He wore them all of the time bc I loved them so much!

Kunzite and Laila -- what is your rationale for 2 under 2? I'm just wondering. We want ours to be 2 years apart (at least) but I have some other friends who say closer together is the way to go. If I got pregnant, I wouldn't be sad, I'd be quite happy in fact, but we are preventing currently. We plan to start around May or so.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila, Lukey is sooooo Super CUTE!!!!! I just want to pick him up and cuddle him! I hope you get preggo quick, sending lots of sticky dust your way!!

KUNZITE, oh la la! I posted in your thread :bigsmile: sending sticky dust to you too!!! 4 lbs; were you a preemie, hope I am not asking something too personal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results