shape
carat
color
clarity

I got some more pearls....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
250 was the limit, SO with that, I wasn't expecting perfection . They're near round tahitian/south sea. 8-11mm

I took some extreme closeups so you can see the pitting. On some pearls its pretty bad. Colorwise though, they're nice as the palate works with my skintone. They glow like crazy in sunlight. Overcast outside light they're pretty cool looking too. They're ok for inside and don't look bad in my office even (they shimmer in that type of light). Some pearls are very reflective which you can see that in some of the shots. Then theres that one pearl that I actually like thats dimpled all over. Its kinda like a golfball. I put them on and they look ok when I'm not looking at them too close. I just wish they were baroques in the same colors.

So with that, I'd like your thoughts on them.

-A

P1050618.jpg

P1050623.jpg

P1050639.jpg

P1050621.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
For what you paid - I think they aren't bad. The color combo is nice and I bet it compliments your skintone nicely. Let's see a neck shot!

You know, NO ONE is going to be that close inspecting your neck. Imperfections usually melt away once they're against the skin.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
k9muttlover|1307404161|2939358 said:
For what you paid - I think they aren't bad. The color combo is nice and I bet it compliments your skintone nicely. Let's see a neck shot!

You know, NO ONE is going to be that close inspecting your neck. Imperfections usually melt away once they're against the skin.

:lol: Oh I'm sure they won't (well some of my girlfriends sometimes be all up in the grill but well, you know.... :lol:

here's a neck shot. Excuse my lovely skin rash, its been a hell of a year for allergies. :shock: This was taken inside at arms length. Certainly with a different shirt, but I do like how they look against bare skin.

-A

P1050634.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1307406326|2939403 said:
:lol: Oh I'm sure they won't (well some of my girlfriends sometimes be all up in the grill but well, you know.... :lol:

here's a neck shot. Excuse my lovely skin rash, its been a hell of a year for allergies. :shock: This was taken inside at arms length. Certainly with a different shirt, but I do like how they look against bare skin.

-A

HAHAHA - yeah, that's what friends are for. :lol:

They look great on you! How do they feel? Do they have a good weight? I know when I bought my first strand, I was surprised at the weight... but in a good way.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FW baroques are crazy heavy but also they're the biggest that I have. They do have a nice weight to them. The clasp makes me a little nutty though so if I decide to keep them at the end of the 7 days, I may go ahead and restring them with a different clasp at some point.

Some day I'll want a more colorful strand but that will have to wait until the ring project is over or I win the lottery :lol:

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1307408926|2939446 said:
My FW baroques are crazy heavy but also they're the biggest that I have. They do have a nice weight to them. The clasp makes me a little nutty though so if I decide to keep them at the end of the 7 days, I may go ahead and restring them with a different clasp at some point.

Some day I'll want a more colorful strand but that will have to wait until the ring project is over or I win the lottery :lol:

-A

I don't like those ball clasps either. That's what I have and I have to put it on with the clasp in the front. Hate it and wish I'd have gotten a magnetic one.

LOL - you and me both!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Nice mixture of colors and you are right they do look good against your skin. Enjoy :appl: :appl: :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks 4RanchGirl. The more I'm around them the more I like them if it makes sense. They won't be a go to strand though they should get plenty of wear...especially this summer :bigsmile: .

There will come a day where I'm ready to plunk down the funds for a stellar tahitian set. That day hasn't come yet though...but man you guys have some stuff on here that makes it SO tempting!!

For future purchases at least in tahitians, I'll stick with baroques and drops because rounds can show blemishes too easy IMO. Baroques tend to be forgiving and that blemish becomes something that really makes the pearl unique.

-A

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the color and lustre is decent and that's what I tend to prefer over roundness and blemishlessness (er, is that a word? haha). Yeah, baroques tend to look more forgiving of blemishes, but these are actually great for the cost IMO. And they look quite pretty on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results