shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Question

KentK

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I wanted an option on whether it would make sense to replace the sapphire in this ring with the spinel I just got, or wait until I can afford another setting for the spinel, my wife never really took to the ring as it is.

The sapphire is 7mm
The spinel is 6.6mm

Thanks

019.JPG

032.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would because I love the pink color more than the blue and I think it would fit.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it bother you If you replaced it with the spinel and she still didn't wear it? Do you know the reason why she didn't wear it?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
good point minous, what if the sapphire is not the reason she never took to the ring?

fwiw I like both stones, but the spinel is quite a stunner

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1312601897|2985247 said:
fwiw I like both stones, but the spinel is quite a stunner

Yes, it really looks like a lovely spinel with great color

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel look wonderful. I think it should look great in any setting.

KentK

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, my wife not really into rings, so now I want something special I could pass on to my daughter.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Why not pass on the sapphire ring to your daughter and make something with the spinel that your wife would like? How about a spinel pendant?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how they look together, with the cutting and how the cool and the warm colors contrast with each other. They both appeared to be cut the same way, and have the same proportions. I would do a bypass ring with both of them.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple. Ask her. That way you won't make another mistake (in case it's the setting she doesn't like) and you can enjoy having it set together.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean you want to make something that your wife will wear now, and then pass on to your daughter, or just make something for your daughter?

KentK

Rough_Rock
I did ask her, she really did not care, just not into jewelry; she has her E-ring and down the road wants one of those 5 stone diamond rings, now I will need to see if my daughter will grow up to share my love of gemstones.
I like the bypass idea, something I will look into.

I already have a spinel pendant, this one is from Burma.

Thanks for everyone who made comments; there is a great collative of knowledge on this site.

019.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I hope your daughter will share your love of gemstones. It's so easy to fall in love with them. Have you shown her some of the cool aspects of gemstones like adularescence, opalescence, tri/dichroism, fluorescence etc? I find it so interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results