shape
carat
color
clarity

Kmom returns.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
from the lost world of packing, moving, cleaning, looking for underwear, more packing, unpacking, more cleaning, more unpacking.......etc.... BUT.......

we''re in our new home!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after two long weeks of no cable (no TV or internet connection) & no phone, we finally got reconnected today so I just wanted to say hi guys, I missed you all and I guess I have some catch up reading to do.

Catch you all later.
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back!
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed, welcome back! I just went through something similar. We had our old house (former house) spiffed up for sale: floors sanded and refinished throughout; painted inside; new carpet put down in one room theat ended up having asbestos tiles we had to have removed by a special company qualified to remove it; new lighting fixtures put in; windows washed, etcetera. Since we had not time, to get the rooms ready for sanding we had to pack everything in boxes and put them in the garage! No time to throw out most of what needed to be thrown out.

The dog spent half his life at the vet's (kennel). My daughter and I (and my husband on weekends) packed into my parents' tiny two-bedroom house with all the things we couldn't leave at home. Then there was a move and unpacking. Now we are working on *this* house...and the still unpacked boxes left. (I have simplified the story, leaving out the bit about my husband's temporary housing where he lived all summer; I lived on and off as we looked for houses; and we all lived for a week or so before we got unpacked.)

A builder bought our old house and tore it down totally. There will be another McMansion on what was once a cahrming street of houses set well back on postage stamp sized lots. Now the houses hover over the street and it looks like Manhattan. Why live where it is green if you make it an ugly city? Enough rambling.... I need pictures of your brand new house, K-mom!!! Brand new sure sounds great!!!!

Deb

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back!
Congrates on the new house!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back and congratulations on the new house. Ahem, now dust off the digital camera and invite us in for a tour!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 11:41:53 AM
Author: Matata
Welcome back and congratulations on the new house. Ahem, now dust off the digital camera and invite us in for a tour!
I second that!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Kmom!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmom, welcome back !!! Websailor and I missed your posts.

Congrats on the new house. Please post a picture. Would love to see it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back K-Mom and congrats on the new house! I''m also waiting for pictures!

AGBF...That seems to be the trend here in certain sections of St. Louis. People buy houses for the lot, wreck the house and then build a HUGE house on the lot. It''s more prevelent in the inner suburbs where you can''t find vacant lots any more.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back K-mom! I''d love to take a tour! Congrats on your new place.....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Patty -- in the LA beach areas that is a way of life. The price os a "tear-down" is always the benchmark for land values.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results