shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions between two loose diamonds

SpiroOne

Rough_Rock
Hi All

My GF would like a smaller stone, she knows I'm looking at getting a ring made up. So currently I'm thinking of these two stones

http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF1900

http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=SS1425

In regards to the two stones, I'm not worried about the price difference. Just wondering what people would go for?

I like the first one as it's a bit more brilliant under light, but I like the second one as it is a slightly better clarity and it seems to have a more prominent hearts and arrows feature, it's just not as brilliant.

Any opinions would be great.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
they look lovey. if i were you i'd go for the first one; sparkly is something you can visually appreciate. the difference between an F and E color -- to me -- is not something i appreciate (though it may be for you and your GF). I think the increase in clarity is also something you're paying for but likely won't see. unless you / your GF are very color sensitive and/or have a preference VVS clarity, i'd go with #1

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1312155462|2981275 said:
they look lovey. if i were you i'd go for the first one; sparkly is something you can visually appreciate. the difference between an F and E color -- to me -- is not something i appreciate (though it may be for you and your GF). I think the increase in clarity is also something you're paying for but likely won't see. unless you / your GF are very color sensitive and/or have a preference VVS clarity, i'd go with #1

Agreed. I'd go with the best cut/most sparkly.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look fine.

VS, VVS - in these sizes it's all going to be clean to the nitpickiest standards IRL, so unless high clarity is important to you for some reason as central said it's neither necessary nor beneficial. Hearts pic on the first looks like the stone was every so slightly tilted during photography - symmetric asymmetries in V thickness.

No hearts pic on the second so you don't know anything about hearts patterning, whether it's better or worse than #1. Also really can't use separate videos to usefully compare them - a comparison video featuring both at the same time would be helpful though. What does Jogia say about them?

SpiroOne

Rough_Rock
Have been advised that the VVS2 Diamond is not rated as a crosffire, as it doesn't have a perfect hearts pattern, but both stones are equally as bright/sparkly according to Jogia.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get the one you liked the best in person, in this case :))

helen_gin

Rough_Rock
Looks so lovely.

SpiroOne

Rough_Rock
ended up picking the VS2 F Stone. Thanks for the help.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats :))

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Post photos when the ring is done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results